Yii says Mirians his judges

Adam Yii

MIRI: Mayor Adam Yii says he is leaving it to the people to judge the quality of his service to the city and the people of Miri.

“I say the people of Miri are my bosses. They will be my judges, and I will certainly not to be judged by a highly-paid politician with no record of any service of his own to the people, other than to criticise and discredit other people to divert attention to his own serious shortcomings,” he said in response to Pujut assemblyman Dr Ting Tiong Choon’s accusation of his service.

As mayor of Miri City Council, Yii said he would continue to serve the people of Miri to the best of his abilities, and to ensure the economic development and prosperity of Miri under the prevalent local, national and global environment.

“As publicity and information secretary of SUPP, I’ll definitely continue to articulate the people-centric political, social and economic positions of SUPP as a political party that serves the interests of the people of Sarawak,” he said.

He also pledged to highlight the shortcomings, failings and the deceits of the present PH government so that the people of Sarawak can see for themselves its true character.

It has been always the tradition and practice for one to hold a party position as well as a government position.

Citing Lim Guan Eng who is DAP secretary general and also Finance Minister, Dr Ting should urge Lim to resign as DAP secretary general first before he can tell other people to resign from their others posts.

“This clearly shows that Dr Ting does not have a clue what he is talking about,” he added.

Source: http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/10/26/yii-says-mirians-his-judges/