WTB: Wide Angle Lens

I am looking forward to buy myself a wide angle lens or a super wide angle lens for my Canon 450D.

Budget is below RM2k la…

So all the Sifu out there… any recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

no one giving opinion? where r all the photography Sifu??

Hi… i guess if u post in photography section would get more response… lol

you can check out sigma 10-20 or tokina 12-24mm f4 ( if i remember d focal length correctly). i’ve frens who used these lens. they seems to love it… both dx lens.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19620

pete, how abt for nikon?

also same?

[quote=“Pete”]Hi… i guess if u post in photography section would get more response… lol

you can check out sigma 10-20 or tokina 12-24mm f4 ( if i remember d focal length correctly). i’ve frens who used these lens. they seems to love it… both dx lens.[/quote]

Yes Pete… You are right… i had moved this to the photography section as hope to get more response soon.

So sigma 10-20 is good ya… i was thinking of it as well.

sigma for nikon 10-20mm…

is it expensive?

i found out that this is pretty useful for me… might help you too…

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/digital … arison.htm

Sigmas are good if you get a good sample. Sigmas are however well-known for not being very consistent with their QC…

hmm… never know that!~

Though once again, when you do get a good sample… you do get great quality for the price.

That’s why the best thing to do is to buy from an actual store and test out the lens before buying. Then you don’t have to worry about exchanging or returning.

sigma is alright… make sure u do focus test b4 u buy… u’ll have headache once u have front/back focus problem… you DO NOT want to deal with the tech in m’sian service center… when purchase says 3 days Calibrated in Malaysia, then become 10 days, then become 3-4weeks… ended up in Singapore. Bollocks!

But their lens are quite sturdy la…

sigma 10-20 is DX/DT/APS-C

sigma got one 12-24, can use for FF, mean if u upgrade to FF in future, can go as wide as pure 12mm, UBER WIDE.

if u are interested with Canon fix wide angle lens 20mm F2.8,i got one,might want to sell,price < RM1.5k,PM me :smiley:

Try Sigma 10-20, or Tokina 11-16 F2.8 or Tokina 12-24 F4

Tokina 11-16 F2.8… try it out !

[quote=“Pete”]Hi… i guess if u post in photography section would get more response… lol

you can check out sigma 10-20 or tokina 12-24mm f4 ( if i remember d focal length correctly). i’ve frens who used these lens. they seems to love it… both dx lens.[/quote]

true true. i would love this one too.

Thanks to all the sifu for the guildance…

I think i am going to strink to check the Sigma and Tokina out.

[quote=“Smallee”]Thanks to all the sifu for the guildance…

I think i am going to strink to check the Sigma and Tokina out.[/quote]

we r waiting for your shots. :slight_smile:

All sifu… last call here… which one do you guys think is better… both are actually within my budget but I am not sure which one to go.

Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Angle Lens (for Canon EOS)

or

Sigma 20mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF RF AutoFocus Super Wide Angle Lens with Hood (Canon EOS)

One of my fren told me to go for the sigma because of the large aperture of F1.8, so sifu sifu… please advise.

thanks.