Wta ps3 faq

can ps 3 HK set play games bought in msia?

Should be since PS3 has no region issues. Though I’m not quite sure.

tq metal head~ any more confirmed input?

Yeah, PS3 is region free unless for online purpose.

http://www.techradar.com/blogs/article/ … you-129626

ok~ thanx for the input metal head`

PS3 is basically region free (for games as far as I know). Should be no problem at all. Even in Msia many dealers are selling PS3 games of different region.

yeah, PS3 can play any region game but only the DLC will stick to the game region that you bought… for example, R3 Resident Evil can only buy add on content from R3 region server. Therefore most of the time R1 is the best region to have as they usually are the earliest to release any DLC…
however, for some games that don’t have any DLC (FF13 comes to mind), region has no effect at all…

yeah, PS3 can play any region game but only the DLC will stick to the game region that you bought… for example, R3 Resident Evil can only buy add on content from R3 region server. Therefore most of the time R1 is the best region to have as they usually are the earliest to release any DLC…
however, for some games that don’t have any DLC (FF13 comes to mind), region has no effect at all…[/quote]

Absolutely wrong.

You CAN buy Resident Evil 5 R1 content and play with your Resident Evil 5 R3 disc. I have actually tried that.

The most important thing is to have a US account to buy your R1 content (can use fake address too).

however, for some games that don’t have any DLC (FF13 comes to mind), region has no effect at all…[/quote]

Absolutely wrong.

You CAN buy Resident Evil 5 R1 content and play with your Resident Evil 5 R3 disc. I have actually tried that.

The most important thing is to have a US account to buy your R1 content (can use fake address too).[/quote]

huh really? Huh my bad then :oops:

Cos I remembered reading somewhere that the DLC is region specific to the game region that you bought…
So I guess from your statement, it is based on the game itself whether it is unlocked to be compatible to any DLC? Am I correct?

*updated:
okay, I’ve asked around already… it seems there are some games’ DLC are region free such as Resident Evil as what Whatman said… while there are some games’ DLC are not region free…
so best checked it yourself before getting yourself the game lo… lol

Absolutely wrong.

The most important thing is to have a US account to buy your R1 content (can use fake address too).[/quote]

huh really? Huh my bad then :oops:

Cos I remembered reading somewhere that the DLC is region specific to the game region that you bought…
So I guess from your statement, it is based on the game itself whether it is unlocked to be compatible to any DLC? Am I correct?

*updated:
okay, I’ve asked around already… it seems there are some games’ DLC are region free such as Resident Evil as what Whatman said… while there are some games’ DLC are not region free…
so best checked it yourself before getting yourself the game lo… lol[/quote]

It will be region locked if publisher wants it to be but we rarely see that.

YEah!
thanx for all the inputs! my mirian same kampung fren~!
lols