WTA Kenari Vibration Problem

Lately, my kenari will vibrate like crazy when I put the gear on Reverse…
I would want to know why is it like that ?
If it needs repair, how much does it cost and which workshop do you recommend in Miri area ?
I hope to solve this problem sooner as I am very annoyed with the vibration of the car…
Thank you.

Better to check for failing engine mounts but if it’s only when in reverse gear the transmission/gearbox and it’s mounts could be a suspect. Kenari owners may be able to assist here in their preferred workshop choice.

kindly refer to Jong Seng auto parts, there is a previous perodua mechanic.
Location at piasau industrial area near pujut 7 in front of pusat mel miri.

engine mounting punya hal.

Hello, ive had the same problems for ages already. Kenari is 1st gen . Vibration is very bad in D mode, and tolerable in neutral. Engine mountings been changed 3 times, which costs about 1k ringgit at perodua service centre. Vibration goes away for few months, then it comes back. I have since given up on rectifying the problem.

Ive read that 3 cylinder cars usually have vibration issues :frowning:

Other than vibration problems, it still serves me very well on everyday use. :smiley:

also have vibration problem with my myvi. pretty sure its the engine mounting… 7yr old car…

called perodua, cost to change is about 1k+. i saw online ppl selling diahatsu engine mounting (compatible for myvi) 3pcs for rm360. would it be advisable to get these and send to local mechanics? any mechanics to recommend?

I got car vibrating last time. Changing engine mount solves it. Change it at Big Wheel.

do they sell the mounting? perhaps ill pay them a visit tomorrow :slight_smile:

do they sell the mounting? perhaps ill pay them a visit tomorrow :)[/quote]

I don’t know if you can install yourself since you have to lift the entire engine to install the mounting. So that will mean you have to take out cables, tubes, and all other things.

Better let them do the mounting unless you are a good mechanic.

[quote=“dvlzplayground”]also have vibration problem with my myvi. pretty sure its the engine mounting… 7yr old car…

called perodua, cost to change is about 1k+. i saw online ppl selling diahatsu engine mounting (compatible for myvi) 3pcs for rm360. would it be advisable to get these and send to local mechanics? any mechanics to recommend?[/quote]

It is the same thing, daihatsu parts.

I’ve gotten from perodua, 1k + and normal mechanic shop, around 600 inclusive mounting and service fees.

Both solves the problem temporarily

do they sell the mounting? perhaps ill pay them a visit tomorrow :)[/quote]

I don’t know if you can install yourself since you have to lift the entire engine to install the mounting. So that will mean you have to take out cables, tubes, and all other things.

Better let them do the mounting unless you are a good mechanic.[/quote]

yeah im looking for someone to install it for me. hopefully bigwhell sells the mounting AND can do installation. no way im doing it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“akiraceo”][quote=“dvlzplayground”]also have vibration problem with my myvi. pretty sure its the engine mounting… 7yr old car…

called perodua, cost to change is about 1k+. i saw online ppl selling diahatsu engine mounting (compatible for myvi) 3pcs for rm360. would it be advisable to get these and send to local mechanics? any mechanics to recommend?[/quote]

It is the same thing, daihatsu parts.

I’ve gotten from perodua, 1k + and normal mechanic shop, around 600 inclusive mounting and service fees.

Both solves the problem temporarily[/quote]

rm600 sounds reasonable to me. may i know which ‘normal mechanic shop’ is this?

Not sure on the name, its the shop at krokop area opposite the market

first shop, beside the shipyards