WTA guys about this email

GUYS WTH is this?? can anyone tell me?? when i wanna go use Google Chrome or Explorer…a stupid windows security keep showing up…and ask to buy some crappy like security for CPU thingy it keeps telling me to scan watsoever!!

i think my mail also have that message too…when did i ask for one lolz

I believe your PC got infected with a malware, or a software that pretends to be an anti virus but its really a fake one to fool you into buying using your credit card number.

I can see that now im trying to find a way on how to DESTROY it…any ideas whatman>?> i was too stupid to even press the link…

try download regrun. it might able to solve the problem, better after that make sure u uninstall it as it very troublesome if u going to install anything later

You can do system file restore. What is your OS? Win XP ? Vista? Win 7?

You can do system file restore. What is your OS? Win XP ? Vista? Win 7?[/quote]
Windows 7 Home Premium…now im just using my Standard user account…cause the Admin account cant use the net…

Windows 7 Home Premium…now im just using my Standard user account…cause the Admin account cant use the net…[/quote]

Admin account can’t use the net? Nevermind. But you have to be in Admin account.

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore

Do a restore from the date where you don’t see this message. If you had this issue around 3-4 days ago, then pick a date that is a week (or two) from the day you believe your PC got infected. Anyway remember to backup your data first.

Windows 7 Home Premium…now im just using my Standard user account…cause the Admin account cant use the net…[/quote]

Admin account can’t use the net? Nevermind. But you have to be in Admin account.

Do a restore from the date where you don’t see this message. If you had this issue around 3-4 days ago, then pick a date that is a week (or two) from the day you believe your PC got infected. Anyway remember to backup your data first.[/quote]
Before that do you think this will help?? http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/8723-h … guide.html

Do a restore from the date where you don’t see this message. If you had this issue around 3-4 days ago, then pick a date that is a week (or two) from the day you believe your PC got infected. Anyway remember to backup your data first.[/quote]
Before that do you think this will help?? http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/8723-h … guide.html[/quote]

I am not familiar with that software so can’t comment on it. I suggest you do system file restore first as it is the easiest and less hassle.

Before that do you think this will help?? http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/8723-h … guide.html[/quote]

I am not familiar with that software so can’t comment on it. I suggest you do system file restore first as it is the easiest and less hassle.[/quote]

Alrigthy then…i’ll tell you when im done then…thx

did you open and run the attachment?

what is your antivirus?

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/02 … ammed-out/

hope this helps.

if you did open the attachment, click on further details on the potential viruses/trojans

Ok guys thanks for all your help!! Finally the Damn thing is Gone…now i can use my Admin user…phew…appreciate your efforts… :smiley:

What method you used to solve the problem?

What method you used to solve the problem?[/quote]
remember the link i gave you?? yeah thats the one…i did some back up as you said…and restore the system but the thing still keep being stubborn so i used the software in the link i asked you…thanks though :slight_smile:

Hi,
I receive the same email too (from United Parcel Services and other similar emails too). Just a few notes when receiving suspicious email:

• email directly to the organisation. Exp: If it came from UPS, Google for UPS and find their official email and forward them the email you received to clarify if it is from them
  • if the email is not directed to you (your email is not in the ‘to:’ column), then it’s obviously a scam
  • if the sender email is suspicious, then it’s a scam. Exp: admin@miricommmunity.net. an extra ‘m’
  • if there’s a link to ask you to click on, mouse over the link and you may see that the hyperlink is different from the name of the link. Do not left or right click because nowadays even right click can be altered to a click. This is especially important when the email requires password or personal details
  • if the email comes from your friend and you’re not sure especially when it’s just a link for you to click (hey, I got a new website…www…com), you’re just an SMS away to ask your friend if he/she sent you that email
    Hope this helps