[WTA] Absorbers and springs

Hi guys,

whats a good spring to replace my old kenari springs? i want it a bit lowered but not too lowered. i want to maintain comfort. do i need to change absorbers too? im looking at SACHS absorbers… springs i dunno yet. any recommendations?

basically i wanna change absorbers and spring but i dont really know the process. i would prefer comfort over sporty since kenari isnt about performance anyway. but if possible can lower just a little bit, maybe 2 inches is good enuff for me. lowered springs will lower my car by how much?

i think the SACHS absorber is for normal spring not lowered. i read somewhere if lowered spring, need absorber that is short stroke? im just wondering if this SACHS can be used on a lowered spring or not… what happens if u use a normal stroke absorbers with lowered springs? any ideas? what springs would suit the SACHS absorbers?

or what combination of absorbers + springs will be suitable for my needs? basically im looking for slightly lowered and comfortable. sporty is not necessary. thanks!

get TEIN… that’s all :slight_smile:

tien doesnt 100% give comfort.No doubt about handling

Its just like brembo.Brembo dont give you all the braking power.Many brands out there such as Endless etc…

To TS,its really hard to get comfort and good handling at the same time.If you wan performance,you need to sacrifice your comfort.

go tiong hee and grab a set of kenari lowered springs…and retain your original absober.unless it leaks,then u might have to change it

tein got for kenari/move or not?heheh for budget…u try to look for GAB

[quote=“abubu”]tien doesnt 100% give comfort.No doubt about handling

Its just like brembo.Brembo dont give you all the braking power.Many brands out there such as Endless etc…

To TS,its really hard to get comfort and good handling at the same time.If you wan performance,you need to sacrifice your comfort.[/quote]

2nd u…to maintain comfort with lowered ur car…i think impossible…

tein abit high end alrdy la rite… lol. im just looking for an average one. abubu, im not looking for performance la… just comfort. if can be lowered its a bonus la :smiley:

but i do have some questions above that needs rectification. anyone can help with that? thanks.

tein got for kenari/kelisa (s-tech)… but its too expensive la i think. and its too performance oriented. i think u can achieve some level of comfort even with lowered. i think the combination of spring and absorber must match. as long as its not so bumpy i would consider that as comfort alrdy…

im using GAB with avcs system…semi adjustable…comfort IMO la

nothing consider comfort after reducing the travel stroke…

Im my opinion, its all about trail end error. Different people has different opinion on comfort level. I got bought 3 sets of springs untill i finally got the comfort + handling i wanted. First setup was scorpion springs paired with OEM shocks (too bouncy)… 2nd setup APM sportec springs paired up with KYB premium for front and KYB excel g for rear… and the final setup im using now is APM performax paired with greber (front) and KYB premium (rear)… might change the shocks back to excel g for the rear soon coz its a bit too bouncy for the passengers. but overall im still satisfied with it.

JYhachiroku… what does short stroke mean actually? does it mean that the absorber can withstand rapid short strokes better than a long stroke? something to do with damping rate? … shorter springs = less give = more short & rapid dampings? i thought absorbers are mainly used as resistance for the springs so that they don’t re-coil and bounce around so much, thus the name 'absorb’ers.

aLoM… woah, trial and error i dont think i can afford to do that la bro… huhuhu…
im thinking of using ProRide Performance Comfort Lowered (lowered by approx 20mm only) + SACHS Super Touring Shock Absorbers. anyone knows the characteristics of Pro Ride springs and SACHS absorbers?

“short stroke absorber” mean for those lower spring with shorter travel distance… its have different absorber and rebound rate as stock absorber.

shorter spring = harder spring rate = stronger bouching than oem… so stronger shock must match to hold the chassis avoid of tyer grip losting of weight due to rebound. if match with longer stroke shocks, it might too much of rebound travel and screw out the car handling specially taking corner or bump…

why don’t u get comfort springhttp://www.k2oc.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13675&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0? shorter then original spring but much more harder the original . even u carry 3 adult it won’t hit the bum also.
or Sapura Pro Ride Absorber & Spring.

kroll
follow up from my earlier post in another thread. adding rubber bush at rear spring will make the rear gap a little bit higher which i still can carry 2 person adult at the back passenger seat without making the tyre touching the car body when it bounce.
besides that it soften the whole suspension.

rabbit75… do u have experience with the comfort spring? how does it compare to sapura proride?

justin: thx for the tips.

anyone know which shop offers installation for springs and absorbers? thx…

why dont try EIBACH spring…i have try it and it really comfort…

[quote=“iamkroll”]rabbit75… do u have experience with the comfort spring? how does it compare to sapura proride?

justin: thx for the tips.

anyone know which shop offers installation for springs and absorbers? thx…[/quote]
my friend got 1 in his kelisa which we diy together. now can carry 3 adult the rear won’t sink anymore. http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24810

Rabbit75, I’ve been reading this comfort brand spring on lyn…so, u can actually get it here in miri ? How much does it cost you? I’m thinking of changing my stock spring too because when I’m carrying 3 adults at the back of my kenari, the rear really sink. How about the comfort level ? Some people at lyn said comfort level the stock spring is the best…so, how’s the comfort level compare to the stock one?

what i did just like rabbit75 frend. Use kelisa rubber bush for rear spring + gas abs. For 2 adults at rear seat sure no sink.
On the comfort, had to sacrifice a bit since the cosmetic part is my objective.
But if compare, before i put rear bush and changing front abs mounting, even with stock spring i feel better now :slight_smile: