Wives of cops should scold their hubbies who come home early

Source: http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=14356

Friday, March 9th, 2007

Wives of cops should scold their hubbies who come home early: CP
By Raynore Mering

KUCHING: Wives of police personnel should emulate Japanese wives who will not allow their husbands to cut corners when it comes to work, said State Commissioner of Police Datuk Talib Jamal yesterday.

Japanese wives will scold their husbands when they come home early from work because it shows that they have not worked hard enough and it affected their productivity at work.

Wives here should also ask their husbands why they skip work and come back early. In Japan, it is embarrassing for husbands to be seen by neighbours if they come home from work early, he said.

Opening the Sarawak Contingent Police Families Association (Perkep) annual general meeting here, Talib hoped that wives of policemen would reprimand their husbands if they worked shorter than normal hours.

You (wives) are also helping to ensure productivity in the police force, said Talib, who also advised wives to help take care of their household finances.

In turn, Talib advised their husbands to loath negative practices like bribery and that they should never treat their duties nonchalantly or be arrogant, particularly when dealing with the public.

Talib thanked Perkep for its role in strengthening the family institution through its systematic activities. He said police families were not immune to the social challenges brought about by influences that affect society today.

Besides taking care of safety and security, the police have social responsibilities too, including in their families and to their children. We do not want our families to be involved in situations that would tarnish the good image of the police, he said.

Similarly, he advised police families to pay attention to the academic performance of their children because they were the human capital that the country needed to continue progressing.

Perkep chairperson Datin Norijah Mohd Hassan said Perkep played a part in contributing towards creating a quality police force. She felt that every parent should realise that their habits and lifestyle affected their children.

What we do can set our children on either the positive or negative path. The social decay that is affecting children today must be tackled from home. The youths particularly can easily fall victim to negative influences, and parents must watch them closely, she said.

Norijah believed that Perkep must help to shoulder the responsibility in ensuring that police families were not involved in negative activities that would affect the force as a whole.

Wives here should also ask their husbands why they skip work and come back early. In Japan, it is embarrassing for husbands to be seen by neighbours if they come home from work early, he said.

“In Malaysia… wives are more than happy to see their husbands come home early than normal office hour, I said” haha… :wink:

Yeah, if late even for 5 minutes…The neighbours would start carrying out their popcorn and soda out to the verendah to watch the evening show… " D.O.A " live…

hahaa…I like that. But usually I don’t really go all the way out to the verendah with my popcorn and soda lah. takut I kena tikam telur busuk later when the couple fights. Just curi curi see from inside my house. Hahaha…

The Japanese did so out of social pressure, education, upbringing and mentality. All of which cannot be acquired by just reading the newspaper and being told to do so.

here’s a few exchuses i can think off that got me off the hook now and then:
honey, they gave us a computer so i do my job twice as fast now…
computer broken lar…
remember the typing lessons i was taking, now i can do my job twice as fast…
software problem lar…
server break down…
remember bob our neighbour who was constantly working late till his colleague caught him & his secretary together one night?