Windows 8 Preview now available

Did anyone tried Windows 8 preview yet? Now is available to download from microsoft website. :smiley:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home/

whts de features??

i saw the beta built…
appearance wise nothing much… at least not to my first glance…

i think I will just wait for it real one…

What i observed is this OS is more towards tablet form factor, a lot of its features utilize touch control… But the metro UI seems troublesome, more on social apps. lol…

I’m downloading the installation file for Windows 8 via torrent. At least no worries about download ‘broken’ half way.

^ You didn’t get it from dev.windows.com? I am downloading from there, speed is fast.

Yeah, so I’m changing to direct download. Running at 140kb/s, could roughly finish tomorrow morning so this PC will have to run all night long!

^ I have been downloading for the past 10 hours lol.

Goodness me our ISP speed is sadness.

^ it is indeed

Why is Window presentation is using keynote?
Microsoft surrender to apple?

[quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]Why is Window presentation is using keynote?
Microsoft surrender to apple?[/quote]

A keynote in literature, music, or public speaking establishes the principal underlying theme. In corporate or commercial settings, greater importance is attached to the delivery of a keynote speech or keynote address. The keynote will lay down the framework for the following programme of events or convention agenda; frequently the role of keynote speaker will also include the role of convention moderator. It will also flag up a larger idea a literary story, an individual musical piece or event.

[quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]Why is Window presentation is using keynote?
Microsoft surrender to apple?[/quote]

Apple’s much hype iCloud is using Microsoft’s Windows Azure.

Can consider Apple surrender to MS? :mrgreen:

MFW Windows 8 no support for GMA950

finally…not another facebook machine on the market!

we can game!

you mean no driver support or it doesn’t run on windows 8?

you mean no driver support or it doesn’t run on windows 8?[/quote]

Means no graphic driver so it will probably run in low color or unoptimized.

Here is a 4 minutes video of Windows 8 in action (32-bit version). No drivers, anti virus, updates, fresh install on a desktop PC.

Performance not bad, but again, this is a clean install, no driver, anti virus. But still the start up is blazing fast.

I do wish there was a touch screen monitor to try out the user interface.

jesus…the startup shocked me…it was like less than 15sec mayb 10sec…
no driver n antivirus as in not yet install?

[quote=“mike88”]jesus…the startup shocked me…it was like less than 15sec mayb 10sec…
no driver n antivirus as in not yet install?[/quote]

No, it was a clean install. You can see the dual boot menu, very nice and not like the old DOS like text. :mrgreen:

so any comments on win8, whatman?