~WiMAX~ Can Reach 50km signals

Hear about WiMAX…months ago is available on Malaysia already…is that …soon coming to Sarawak here @ is that Deconnection will D*e and streamyx too?

[b]AirZed has always been part of the WiMAX forum as they display the logo so prominently and proudly on their website. It appears AirZeds new wireless broadband service is using WiMAX. As far as I know, it should be the first WiMAX service in Malaysia. Wireless broadband is not the same as a wireless hotspot service though, for those who are confused. Wireless broadband like the services offered by Timenet Webbit, Maxis Wireless Broadband and Jaring My015 cover a much much wider range than a wireless hotspot service typically found at coffee outlets and cafes.

WiMAX, or 802.16 allows a much further reach than Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g). Coverage zone is up to a [size=200]50km range.[/size]

[b]Currently AirZeds WiMAX service covers Mid Valley, Damansara, Petaling Jaya and Shah Alam. Service coverage over the areas of Subang, Puchong, Cheras, Ampang and Kota Damansara is coming soon. Im actually very suprised to see that Cheras is planned to be covered in the near future and not just sometime soon, maybe in the next decade unlike other Wi-Fi providers. I live in Cheras and it is pretty choice-deprived in terms of broadband! The edges of Cheras near the Ampang side have been covered by Jaring though. I also wonder how come Subang isnt covered immediately its usually one of the first places to be covered.

Will it burn a hole in your pocket? Prices start at [size=150]RM188 a month [/size]but is Wireless~[b]for the Home package which offers 1Mbps download and 128kbps upload with a dynamic IP. The SOHO package is RM288 a month and it offers 1Mbps download and 384kbps upload, but with dynamic IP as well. The Business package is RM468 a month offering 1Mbps download and 512kbps upload. It also comes with a fixed IP and 6 free Airzed Wi-fi Hotspot accounts. Currently only the Business package is available as the service is not really that mature yet I guess.

Nasioncom is also planning to offer WiMAX wireless broadband services soon.

I think WiMAX is the better choice than other technologies like SOMAport because its an open standard and that will drive the cost of the equipment required to enable WiMAX reception to more affordable levels. I am sure adoption of Jaring, Maxis and Timenets proprietary wireless broadband has been affected by the high cost of the hardware and also the inability for wireless devices for one provider to work with the other. With WiMAX however, a person using AirZeds broadband could change to Nasioncoms or other providers easily.[/b]

Download The link from Below:- (Look for Area Coverage at the moment)
http://www.airzed.com/wimax/pdf/azhslist.pdf

I’ve used airzed before. its pretty fast and good connection

If/When Wimax come, Deconnexion will be doomed, less ugly transmitter towers in the town and faster connection too.

i think it is a reasonable price to pay if the service is excellent,better than pay to TMnet and curses TMnet everytime we online…businessman will definitely buy their service…business need to FAST and EFFICIENT!!!and streamxy SUCK about it…i think many company will choose WIMAX later…

I doubt Wimax will come to miri…miri population is very small…but hey anything is possible

btw, wimax is kinda pricey thou…but if it provides good connection and less downtime compare to streamyx…hell yea im going to get 1 :slight_smile:

even the big cities in USA has problem implementing WIMAX.
dat y it is not a “standard” wireless system yet.

i think winmax will be a "premium’ service, high fee faster connection

Hmmmmm… Just wondering do we have laptops or pdas that could connect to Wimax available in Miri? I heard that the Wimax actually compliments wi-fi… Highly doubtful whether wi-fi will be completely phase out…

we sure need some HI quality service in town…we are really fed with streamxy…

wimax is satelite broadband rite?

wimax in miri le?? so who gonna try it 1st?? gv some comment…^^

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/state_ne … 05&cat=ess

It would be good if this come to Miri, but it’s really[size=150] suck[/size] when come on[size=150] raining day[/size]…that is the weakness for wave signal such like astro :twisted: …i dont care any company want to offer for internet service whether through wire or wave transmit via Wifi or else. Any new internet services company want to be here, they still use the TM backbone. That is the fact unless the company is rich can provide everything such backbone to international not through TM backbone. For me i’m still want HSBB come to Miri soon.

There’s RedTone WiMax in Miri oredi what…