Why so many Pahang's Dato and Dato Sri in Miri?

How come in Miri got so many Pahang Dato and Dato Sri lately in Miri?? I just find it so weird. What’s the standard for these datukship? Isn’t it if you are a sarawakian you should be awarded in your state? No? But why lately so many local Mirian being awarded in Pahang??? I mean to be awarded, you must have done something extraordinary for the country and the community, but why these local Mirian do it in Pahang not do it here in Miri since they are Mirian???

So confused. Anyone knows what’s the standard for these awards?

Those being awarded Tan Sri, by the Agong I can understand and I salute them. Just don’t understand why Mirian, Sarawakian not being awarded locally here instead being recognized by a west Malaysian state? I just wondering how these awards work?

Thanks in advance for your enlightenment. Cheers!

Maybe they are working or contributing for the west? I guess?? o.0

buy 1

why so many proton cars in malaysia?

Now-a-day… all the datukship which carry the title of Datuk / Dato / Tan Sri & etc… has no standard at all…
If you a wealthy MF… then, you can go buy it in any part of Malaysia.
Those rich & want become famous, they willing go to the extend to buy it.
So, Why we need salute those idiot with that kind of titlte?
If you got the British Knightship title, then you earn people’s respect.
As the British Knightship title is not for sale. ONly those really contribute.

tat one use money to buy.

there was a sarawakian earned the title of sir from the queen of england. i’m sure you all know who.

I’ve never respect these types of ■■■■■■ titles, u can see almost 90% are given by a particular state. Do u think he know a damn about these Sarawakian businessman?
Ada $$$$$$$$$$ Semua boleh

so this is the current state of all these titles in malaysia now…
in the past, anyone awarded with this titles are treated with respect because they earned it…

but nowadays, because you can “purchase” these titles with $$$, feels like there is no particular meaning to achieving this titles at all.

But I think with these titles, getting approvals for money loans and so forth is well easier, if I am not wrong… so the hell with respect, I suppose

that all about money…u have money u can buy datukship at pahang …but not at others state …u can see la shah rukh khan given dato ship from where??pahang right???

Wah… like that, Pahang sultan not standard lah… Gila money…
Maybe the sultan not enought rcvd money from GOV, then used tis tactic to funding their life style?

[quote=“tmt”]Wah… like that, Pahang sultan not standard lah… Gila money…
Maybe the sultan not enought rcvd money from GOV, then used tis tactic to funding their life style?[/quote]

Better than the Sultan of Sulu, at least …
Just imagine the difference when you tell people “My dato is from Pahang” compare to “My dato is from Sulu”.

Hahaha …

that fella title was from PNG not england
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papua_New_ … urs_system

My friends say he is selling Pahang’s title as well … :lol:

Thats why the titles become so common and sounded cheap.
The latest recepient is the local gold seller ( u guys know who lah, can see from newspaper)… Just imagine any “Ah Zhu, Ah Gou” can get the titles

[quote=“MonkeyKing”]Thats why the titles become so common and sounded cheap.
The latest recepient is the local gold seller ( u guys know who lah, can see from newspaper)… Just imagine any “Ah Zhu, Ah Gou” can get the titles[/quote]

How do you know that kind of title are for “Ah Zhu, Ah Gou” , MonkeyKing? :lol:

[quote=“MonkeyKing”]Thats why the titles become so common and sounded cheap.
The latest recepient is the local gold seller ( u guys know who lah, can see from newspaper)… Just imagine any “Ah Zhu, Ah Gou” can get the titles[/quote]

LOL… Really these ppl got no shame! :shock:

there was an old joke that if one were to throw a stone into a crowd in Sabah you’d bound to hit a Datuk, guess the joke has now switched to Pahang ha :lol:

In Sarawak, you can’t get Dato or Dato Sri so easily, unless you are very “close” to CM. In order to get “close” to CM, you have to be a family member or a running dog to the family. Unlike Pahang, $$$$ can buy Dato or Dato Sri because your $$$ is considered big. But to our CM, your $$$ is too small.

In some pictures they used to show the award, they r actually in a living room or something.

Not in the hall