Who's the bright spark responsible for this?

Who’s the bright spark responsible for this?

Me & 200,000 other drivers would like to have a word with you. By removing this entry point to town (and out from), there is left with only one entry point in front of Bintang Plaza.

There’s a queue about a zillion miles long there now, thanks to you smart people.

haha! was my leisurely drive to work, was abruptly ended, when i met this, early a.m.
now the only routes out of town centre, hdg South,
is via d multiple traffic lights pass d Police Station,
or via the Fish Market…

allegedly… ‘rumours’ of a new fly-over going up?!! :lol:

i think the new lay-out will alleviate potential problems,
at d exit ramp of No.2 Flyover, when d school reopens…

They sure are “smart” in making queue… :smiley:

Ian… where exactly is this? I can’t picture it la… due the the photo taken at night…

please help… :oops:

Smallee, its the traffic light junction just before North School.

(Traffic lights are now turned off)

their’s a Dragon outlined high in d back-ground,
whose head u can sit on, of an evening,
& smell delicious waffs of coffee,
emanating from it’s nostrils…

[quote=“ian”]Smallee, its the traffic light junction just before North School.

(Traffic lights are now turned off)[/quote]

Ok… the road from the old library where u come to a traffic light junction by getting a chance to move on the direction heading the Puchong Flyover…- Yes?

I think I know who is responsible… let me try to find the source…

This is already in the plan, just not many people are aware of this. For this to be successful, things has to be kept quiet. Lesson learned from the GK roundabout, supposedly to be removed as well but due to too many public complaints, the plan was put on hold. Now … even if you want to complaint, it is kindda late.
I kindda agree to this somehow as traffic flow are much smoother but I understand it is causing many havocs for other motorists. We have to adapt as Miri is a city now :slight_smile: KL is much much worse.

I kinda agree to the smoother traffic, but this is basically just cutting Miri into half right down the middle and reducing access to either side.

sadly tonight the ‘smoother’ traffic, on d northbound,
meant d southbound traffic, were unable to cross over…

looked like lots of queue jumping, by some frustrated/arrogant drivers.

one problem solved…another problem created… is called progress?!

i can’t find the info la… but i remember I read it somewhere else one or 2 days ago ( thinking mind be in Borneo Post or The Star dated on 27 Dec ) that TPK mentioned about his achievement on the flyover and something else abt the rest of the plan la…

Personally, I think it is because of the Puchong flyover that cause the removal of the traffic light on that spot to get a smooth flow…

What I worried is when school started… we will massive jam in front of St Joe area because the side of the road is much narrow now due to the flyover taking much spaces in the middle… will see later… :oops:

It just looks like some standard road works

why is everyone crying?..who needs some tissues?

[quote=“Datuk_big_boss”]It just looks like some standard road works

why is everyone crying?..who needs some tissues?[/quote]

i guess u r outboard too long now, try go back and feel the different… if u have to 'Q" a mile long just to try get into the town like Ian mention.

So maybe u should keep your tissues as spare for yourself to use it later… :lol: :lol:

Sometimes… authority does not really think about the decision to close and modifying the route and what happen if they do this, what happen if they do tat… and not by giving more option but problems… :evil: (e.g the junction in front of Chong and Law rest. ( near Pacific Hotel ) where u can make a turn to Amway office, block off oso… wat advantage is tat giving to road user??)

They are just temporary plastic roadblocks…
Who knows, there may be a busted water pipe

In the end they are doing something to benefit the community, I’m 100% sure they won’t do it just to make Ian and friends queue up

[quote=“Datuk_big_boss”]They are just temporary plastic roadblocks…
Who knows, there may be a busted water pipe

In the end they are doing something to benefit the community, I’m 100% sure they won’t do it just to make Ian and friends queue up[/quote]

Hopefully u r right… 8)

thought that the closure of that junction, was a brilliant marketing ploy by Ming Cafe?

now you have to drive to end of that street, where now, i always stop for a
coffee & Biriyani :smiley:

(previously, i always thought that junction, opp. Siamese Secrets, was one of d best examples of ‘civil’ behaviour from Miri’s drivers, as no matter how long d queue at lights, d yellow box was always kept clear, for traffic turning right & hdg to Amways/Imperial…why was it closed??)

Bossman, they aren’t temporary roadblocks. They have been concrete-blocked off now. The whole intersection is gone.

[quote=“dougie”]
(previously, i always thought that junction, opp. Siamese Secrets, was one of d best examples of ‘civil’ behaviour from Miri’s drivers, as no matter how long d queue at lights, d yellow box was always kept clear, for traffic turning right & hdg to Amways/Imperial…why was it closed??)[/quote]

Yes, that was the best example of Mirians actually knowing what a yellow box is for (amazing!).

I guessed they just wanted to stir the awaiting Road Rage Lunatic Within our drivers.

Speaking of which, it affects the businesses in that street badly.

i just realised thsi last nite… and it feels marvellous at start to see no car at all along the way… until i had to make a U-turn…

it seems permanently sealed…those wise ppl must have planned very well. wonder who’s the one tat do the road system design… graduated from which country…

Thinking of the scenario now that they had concrete blocked off now. :shock:

What if someone plan to head up to the Grand Old Lady for a visit while he / she is in downtown… then she/he will just have to drive a long way and all the way to Dewan Suarah ( the main road @ city fan ) to get her out on that highway in order to head back downtown direction to make the turn up to the hill… (O yes… more nightmare for those staying in Kampung Haji Wahib)… so is that going to benefit the community? :frowning: :frowning: