Who likes baking here? POST SOME RECIPES

Still thinking who likes to bake desserts themselves?
It’s great for having fragrance of cakes or breads flowing in a house…it’s so dramatic!!

i wanna learn baking… u know is it?

baking is not easy as i thought, u muz got skill at least…

i learn frm my mom but until now i juz knw how to make chill cheese cake instead of baked 1…hehehe

i luv to learn but not all i want too…hehehehe

Baking can be therapeutic but im rarely able to allocate the time for it.
Learn from cooking shows or recipe lor, it’s always fun to look at pictures of scrumptious cakes anyway.
Sayang that certain ingredients hard to get and kinda pricey here. =.=

baking is really not that easy…try to make butter cake 1st XD fail-free…i started from butter cake then to sponge cake adn to steam cakes and lstly go for chilled cheesecakes…i am just 15 this year…my grandma since taught me how to bake but she passed away in 2004 how sad am i…T.T

but my cakes always crack at da top middle dunnno why maybe is my oven? its Rhoyxon!!!

chilled cheesecake? some of my friends say cheesecake no need to bake? just put into the fridge… real ar…?

im hungry

me too… miss SR, marble cheesecake

:smiley:

kongbingleek, sorry to hear that. You can still continue learning how to bake even without her around, continue on with your passion for baking would be something that make her happy.

My mom always bake cake so im around helping her to beat using the machine/crack eggs for her and favorite moment would be tasting the raw cake mix (kekeke, much much tastier than baked cake i reckon)! First time serious baking would be making scones for a Kemahiran Hidup class during F3. Tried making non bake cheesecake and baked cheesecake from recipes given by mom’s friends. They came out right. xD

But yah, baking is not exactly easy, esp with breads i think. Maybe everyone can share tips and experience here. Keke

baby_cheryl: yup theres cheesecakes just put 2 fridge and it will b a cake…no need bake so no worries on collapsed cheesecakes!! go to secret recipe and order oreo cheesecake you will know what i am meaning

teamGD: raw cake mix really tastes very well…lol…even my cousins will lick those cake batters off clean!!what brand of oven r u using?

NONA cake mixes r really bad those instructions are badly stated until my batter like pancake batter…they say bake for 35 minutes and it does not even firm i baked for 1 hour and 10 minutes (DOUBLE TIME) and the cake tastes like kueh…LOL…i use that mix and use standard instructions on my aunt’s recipe book and it is fine!!

last time was some old fashion big ‘gas-operated’ oven, now is a small Khind toaster oven, a gift fr family friend during house warming. lol! mom likes to steam her cakes too. im amazed with those sarawak kek lapis, have nil idea on how they arrange the patterns. @@

[quote=“kongbingleek”]baby_cheryl: yup theres cheesecakes just put 2 fridge and it will b a cake…no need bake so no worries on collapsed cheesecakes!! go to secret recipe and order oreo cheesecake you will know what i am meaning

teamGD: raw cake mix really tastes very well…lol…even my cousins will lick those cake batters off clean!!what brand of oven r u using?[/quote]

oreo? i got read some news abt oreo got ulat bla bla bla … so… i’m now quite … not that liking oreo ~ i wanna learn cheesecake… yum yummm … outside selling 10x10" RM 65.00 :frowning: sendiri bake then let HUBBY eat… very ‘xing fook’ le…

juz remember this LOL…oreo got tat drug san ju qi an…LOL fortunate i dont buy tat at de point…

BUMP!

do u know any brand that can direct bake cake? because i lazy mix this and that? hehe… ~and what BIG NO NO dont buy brand… =)

usually help my mom baking kek lapis for raya prep…

[quote=“baby_cheryl”]

do u know any brand that can direct bake cake? because i lazy mix this and that? hehe… ~and what BIG NO NO dont buy brand… =)[/quote]

Usually i buy those cake mixes at cake ingredients shop such as K.S. Tan those cake mixes also need to add ingredients and beat!
If you are really lazy 2 mix this and that try muffin mix its easy!
KS Tan also offers class for training but i’m a boy vs. so many gals there?!
KS Tan Baking and Cooking Training Centre
Address : No. 264, Block 9, Beautiful Jade Centre
98000 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Telephone : 085-418728
Fax : 085-418728
Email : info@kstbakery.com
: kstbaker@streamyx.com