Which wide angle len to buy

i looking for a wide angle len like 12-24mm, please coment what brand to buy and what price are they

hon398,

U re using Canon,rite?

If yes,i suggest u can go for Canon 10-22mm,other options maybe Sigma 10-22 or 12-24.Try to search on google,i’m sure u can find some comparison between those lenses,remembered i saw somewhere b4.

Another cheaper solution would be Tamron 11-18mm F4.5-5.6.

my vote will be canon 10-22mm, sharp lens. it’s pricier than sigma and tamron though… but this lens can’t be used in full-frame body… so have to see which camera you are using… =)

= deleted with apology =

If not mistaken,Canon 10-22 cant used with FF body,only Sigma 12-24 can.

MY CAMERA IS CANON 400D, CANON LENS IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME, SO I LOOKING FOR CHEAPER BRAND

Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 DC HSM … rm21xx
Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Di II … rm19xx
Tokina AT-X 12-24mm F4 PRO DX … rm1xxx

mind i ask what’s ur budget like?

I would recommend the sigma 10-20mm…I’ve heard good things about this lens.

i’ve the tokina 12-24mm f/4. it’s solid. fantastic value for money.

you can read some user reviews here:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/show … =40&page=1

do check reviews for the other lenses too and compare the ratings.

thats a nice shot…what settings were you using? I’ve heard good things about this too but haven’t seen any shots with it…do u have the link to full res?

that is a cool shoot, how much u bought the tokina? where to buy?

yeah, my friend was looking for this in KL…couldn’t find…eh wait…was it this lens…hang on…runs away

yup this is the one…supposedly no dealers in msia…where did u get urs?

full res don’t have lah… but bigger one can…

setting: 24mm f/8 1/500s iso800 - so a bit noisy…
http://flickr.com/photos/stupidhead/141 … 227613390/

there’s no official distribution in malaysia. mine is grey market. i got it from my long term supplier in KL. pm me if you want his contact.

i got mine for 2 year now. can’t really remember the price… but it’s [one of] my must used lens. esp for travela dn walk about.

PM sent!