Which one better? Nikon D5000 or Canon D60

My mum is buying dslr camera for my dad’s birthday & i wanna ask which one is better?
Nikon D5000 or Canon D60…

You mean Nikon D60?

oh wait, forgot canon also got D60 lo

if wanna compare nikon d60 and d5000,from spec and quality d5000 better than d60,from price,d60 better than d5000…

Nikon has great lenses, but Canon camera’s take the best pictures. Canon lenses are more expensive. I like the grip of the Nikon for entry level dSLR’s. The Canon counter parts have a grip that’s too small for my hand.

Nikon 5000 can also take 720p HD video.

I use Nikon personally.

I heart canon, they have a great range of lenses and there are some that should be worth thousands and thousands but sell for peanuts (the canon 50mm prime f/1.8 ) - Mmmmmmmmmmmm… they have nice features and are fairly user friendly :slight_smile:

I have the canon 40d, i know the 50d got released a few months ago but i’ve never heard of a canon 60d… or do you refer to the nikon d60?

Go canon! woot :slight_smile:

just to add some idea in here; take a look at casio ex-f1, with ability to record high speed video up to 1200fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

No I don’t own one, just giving suggestion :wink:

thx for the suggestion…
I think my mom gonna buy Nikon D5000…
i got 1 more thing 2 ask…
Sony alpha DSLR the picture quality good ka?

NIkon D5000 not bad… altho a bit expnsive… wah ur mum so nice… ur dad must be very touched !!!

The Sony Alphas are catching up, but no. As of now they’re still 2nd class to the Nikon and Canon. They sort of got in the game kind of late, and they’re making great strides, but I’d wait a few years before I’d consider them.

Just be aware, that once you decide on a brand, you’re sort of stuck with that one, because the lenses aren’t interchangable between brands.

at entry to mid level,Canon,Nikon or Sony are all quite similar and they are all GOODDDDDDDDDDD,choose either one should be fine.But if u’re looking for play arround with lenses,i think u can find more choices for canon / nikon,esp in 2nd hand market :slight_smile:

applebee,i’m sure u’re a good mum too ( btw,ur kid is SUPER cute ) :smiley:

i agree with u guys…
I prefer all of them bt gt to find good one for my father…

any of the camera it’s good. it’s all depends on how people use it.

my4to, thanks for ur compliment…meet up again anytime if my baby can cheer u up… i got something to ask you, how to contact you?

[quote=“my4to”]at entry to mid level,Canon,Nikon or Sony are all quite similar and they are all GOODDDDDDDDDDD,choose either one should be fine.But if u’re looking for play arround with lenses,i think u can find more choices for canon / nikon,esp in 2nd hand market :slight_smile:

applebee,i’m sure u’re a good mum too ( btw,ur kid is SUPER cute ) :D[/quote]

ewan… can ask ka?.. your mama is using her own money or you sponsor her?..

hahahhaha … k-ray… doesnt matter the mother use her own money or ewan spnsor, cant u feel the warm love feeling from his family? so envy… what a blissful family…

D5000 for me if i need to choose bcoz it’s just released and the LCD thing is way too cool…but it’s a little bit expensive

yes ofcoz ewan has a family a lot of people would be jealous of.

if i were the father and my wife buys me a dslr with her money or my son’s, i would give my wife a deep deep kiss.

but if they would use my money to buy me a dslr, i would feel cold.

i’d go for nikon d5000…thinkg of getting it as well…at shashinki.com selling for rm2910, with nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6g vr af-s dx lens…i saw in bintang mall, selling for 3k++

ewan… can ask ka?.. your mama is using her own money or you sponsor her?..[/quote]
Of coz my mama use her own money…
i’m 17,how i’m gonna find alot of money to sponsor her…
hehe…