Which bank have higher interest?

Hi… I would like to change my saving account to other bank…
do u guys have any idea that which bank give higher interest??
CIMB, BSN, Public bank…
TQ :slight_smile:

I think with the economic situation now all the banks are giving low interest rates for savings…it is more worth it to invest in unit trust or other investment funds cos it is so cheap now…

huh? saving account memang interest is rock bottom… unless is FD, but world bank also drop the interest, so FD all follow drop.

unit trust, also depend on luck if this 2-3 coming year will climb back up or not the economy, raw mineral also scared already…
but very sure unit trust put for 7-9 years later(right before the crisis hit again) will have about at least 200% return.

too bad my unit trust fall like LANDSLIDE… i lose my money, end up i withdraw out everything… cannot imagine if i put for 7-9 yrs, we cannot predict how is malaysian currency will end up.

All banks are giving more or less the same interest rate for both savings and Fixed Deposit account.

invest in down valued stock .

how much is the minimum amount if i want to invest unit trust?

[quote=“lifery”]Hi… I would like to change my saving account to other bank…
do u guys have any idea that which bank give higher interest??
CIMB, BSN, Public bank…
TQ :)[/quote]

If savings account, I think the bank account I am using now, Bank Islam mudharabah account offers 2.01% p.a… A little bit risky. Still consider very low, but consider it’s fluidity, it’s by far the best lo. Maybe there’s something even better, I don’t know la…

the bank that carries no names and no sign boards has the highest interest …

What your amount you wanna save…if under rm100,000 then save yourself the trouble…

best interest rate to get is put into those foreign currency…
rhd got some sort of account…(not sure bout the interest)
or else if u got way to put ur fund at oversea bank for NZD/AUD it’s even better…
bcoz ur interest rate will even better then those offer by local bank…

I do not suggest to save in saving account.With that low interest you get end of the year plus inflation gain…i don think its worth.Y don u buy currency as it is quite low now and forecast that it will increase in value again…

blood bank :mrgreen:

u go to ASNB office la…only RM10 - RM100 minimum to open the account (unit trust)…low risk…government…no.1 company in unit trust industry

i think min “usually” is 10k,… 25k and 50k also got, depend on company.
FD is 5k

world bank(US) interest rate drop. so does all the banks around the world. and, islamic saving last time got 4-5%, now 2+% still better then non-islamic not reach 1% ,…siao!

unit trust, honestly, if the company no problem, dont sell! but “invest”(painful word, not money, but time) another 7-8 year u get double back…
victim usually are(example:me), those early last year who joined, (due to 2007 index keep climb like monkey) indirect no experince with economy crisis, got victimise to buy unit trust… and tie to contract (usually 1 year cannot withdraw or get fined), will lost a lot :frowning:

[quote=“hoon”]best interest rate to get is put into those foreign currency…
rhd got some sort of account…(not sure bout the interest)
or else if u got way to put ur fund at oversea bank for NZD/AUD it’s even better…
bcoz ur interest rate will even better then those offer by local bank…[/quote]

i think that is currency fund(like unit trust also, diff name only, “FUND”) NZD and AUST stable only, aint raising at all. brunei raise more then AUD and NZD for the pass 10 years :frowning: better invest in brunei! haha. and, for those who wan open account oversea, it’s very troublesome then u think, my dad also wan open local account in aust last time(15 year ago), need PR or local address la(unless got study permit), got HIGH tax somemore for foriegner…even withdraw also get taxes… give u 5% interest, tax u 10%… u lost 5% to taxes sumore… lol

yup yup, if bumi, go open, non-bumi read up one ASM news. they usually have 6-8% p.a. but open only once a year to public… with limited amount for everyone (RM10k MAX at one time invest for each NAME/account, unless noone buys till the ‘open period’ passed, it will be open amount to invest)

For Public Mutual Funds, the minimum amount to put in is RM 1,000, and subsequent top-up is RM 100. Now is a good time to buy mutual funds, because the price is low… But then from the trend, I can see that the fund price is still dropping… it should stabilize soon, and when it starts to go up, I may take the chance to buy too. Public mutual doesn’t have any fixed dividend (usually in terms of units) declared per year.

Minimum placement of FD is usually RM1,000, but the tenure is longer and interest is lower if you put minimum amount.

And as for your question of which bank have higher interest? I think all the banks have almost the same interest rates. For savings account, Standard Chartered has the best interest rates. There’s this savings account where the interest is as high as FD, which is quite worth it!

[quote=“GeminiGeek”]For Public Mutual Funds, the minimum amount to put in is RM 1,000, and subsequent top-up is RM 100. Now is a good time to buy mutual funds, because the price is low… But then from the trend, I can see that the fund price is still dropping… it should stabilize soon, and when it starts to go up, I may take the chance to buy too. Public mutual doesn’t have any fixed dividend (usually in terms of units) declared per year.

Minimum placement of FD is usually RM1,000, but the tenure is longer and interest is lower if you put minimum amount.

And as for your question of which bank have higher interest? I think all the banks have almost the same interest rates. For savings account, Standard Chartered has the best interest rates. There’s this savings account where the interest is as high as FD, which is quite worth it![/quote]

but FD is for 1 year de, right?
for 1 month actually above RM 5000… (maybank la… others i nt sure)
actually i din have so many money to do investment…
the money i have to take it anytime…
in your opinion is it saving account more suitable me?

Well, the interest rates is calculated on an annual basis. But the tenure for FD, you can choose de leh…

http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2 … C-Accounts

RM 1,000 minimum tenure is 2 month. 2 month rate is 3.0%

If that money is for you to take anytime, then put in savings and forget about the interest rate. I guess that kind of money you have is more of a reserve rather than extras for investment. A general rule to know how much for your reserve is to keep around 4-6months expenses as reserve. The rest can be placed into FD or investment like mutual funds.

I still think investment better than saving. as for saving account it is like a safe box…you take and put in money as u wish…

Actually if we can have rm1k, y don invest in mutual fund??

future fund is not profit gurantee. think twice before u hurt ur bank book.

But RM1k investment, the return is similar to one glass teh c peng only.