Where the famous Lutong Cafe porridge stall go?

I visited there recently but didn’t see that old man and woman selling porridge at Lutong Cafe. Where they went off to another place? :frowning:

He has called it quits/retired, your only best alternative will be his nephew’s, operates only at night at the Recipe Cafe, Center Point 2 :wink:

Awww :frowning:

But the nephew operates at night which is quite not the ideal time for me to go out.

At least Lutong Cafe easier to find seat now.

The famous porridge is not at Sun City area anymore. They have moved to Coco Bun (behind Miri City Food Court). Too bad its always full, 30+ minutes wait. They really should consider expanding the shoplot to accommodate more customer. Its always full when I come to have a meal. :frowning:
[center]http://i.imgur.com/VpdjCg1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Uj3XoIu.jpg[/center]

The plus would be that at the new location the porridge is available during the day inclusive of 30 min. wait time :wink:

Its nice that they now open in the morning. Even the old lady from Lutong Cafe was there.

I don’t mind the wait, but if have to share table facing stranger for 30 minutes…haiya…

[quote=“whatman”]Its nice that they now open in the morning. Even the old lady from Lutong Cafe was there.

I don’t mind the wait, but if have to share table facing stranger for 30 minutes…haiya…[/quote]

What’s wrong sharing table if u one person only?

I went there once and shared table with one uncle.

Xda masalah pon. Sendiri bayar juga. Sama2 kenyang

[quote=“haroldz”][quote=“whatman”]Its nice that they now open in the morning. Even the old lady from Lutong Cafe was there.

I don’t mind the wait, but if have to share table facing stranger for 30 minutes…haiya…[/quote]

What’s wrong sharing table if u one person only?

I went there once and shared table with one uncle.

Xda masalah pon. Sendiri bayar juga. Sama2 kenyang[/quote]

Its my preference not to have someone on the table. I don’t stop them but I also don’t feel comfortable with it.

[quote=“whatman”]… Even the old lady from Lutong Cafe was there.
[/quote]
The auntie is actually this porridge operator’s mother, she was helping out her brother in-law when in Lutong (they apparently believe in keeping it in the family) :mrgreen:

[quote=“whatman”]I don’t mind the wait, but if have to share table facing stranger for 30 minutes…haiya…
Its my preference not to have someone on the table. I don’t stop them but I also don’t feel comfortable with it.[/quote]
I too have the same feeling when forced to share tables at eating outlets, basically your space is being compromised and that sort of takes the joy out of enjoying the meal. But then this not an issue for others, guess the difference is in one’s comfort level or maybe even childhood conditioning :lol: