What young Malays think about racial politics!

There is a newfangled trend in the country where the younger generation are becoming more anti-establishment in their political thoughts. This bodes well for our present social and political milieu.

Britain ruled Malaya for almost two centuries (1774-1957) and we saw the making of a multi-racial Malaya that was not so cohesive and viable at that time. The British agreed to give independence to Malaya with the provision that the major races could work out an amicable solution to sustain unity and harmony in the country. The Chinese and the Indians of pre-independent Malaysia were given the rights to citizenship and the Malays were endowed with their special rights as stipulated in the Constitution. The rights of the other races as well are protected under the Constitution. The Malays, Indians, Chinese together with the Indigenous people have since made Malaysia their home despite most of their ancestors being a migrant community.

Its a glib generalisation by some politicians that the younger generation do not have ideals and vision for the country. This erroneous supposition demands for a scrupulous analysis of the real state of affairs on the grounds. The younger generation observe that the ideal way to unite the people is through the schooling process.

Ahmad Mustapha (21), a first year local university student has this say: I am Malay by birth. I only had the chance to mix with friends from other races after enrolling at this university. I see many good values in them. I think our education system is flawed. All Malaysians should go through a single education system. We should all grow up studying in a multi-racial school. Flaunting religious cosmetics in school does not help. Keep religion as a personal matter. There should not be schools or universities meant only for a single race. Children of all races must be treated equal as Malaysians. I feel that national schools must use English as the medium of teaching to attract people of all races.

Read More: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index … s&Itemid=2

Just hope that the younger generation will not be bought, brainwash easy…You know money can ‘buy’ you things…

so we dont need SJK Cina or SJK Tamil

Provided all natural born or acquired Malaysian citizens, are treated as MALAYSIAN; equal regardless of race,religion, political and social inclination, creed. As of now, they are being branded as PENDATANG by certain parties and gov policies. It would be a splendid idea if all Malaysian can study under 1 roof, 1 syllabus/curriculum. There would be integrations amongst its citizen where understanding and tolerance is actually practiced, not only lip service.

Provided all natural born or acquired Malaysian citizens, are treated as MALAYSIAN; equal regardless of race,religion, political and social inclination, creed. As of now, they are being branded as PENDATANG by certain parties.[/quote]

so u agree we dont need SJK Cina and SJK Tamil.

[quote=“shuwenteo”]There should not be schools or universities meant only for a single race. Children of all races must be treated equal as Malaysians. I feel that national schools must use English as the medium of teaching to attract people of all races.

[/quote]

Hapuskan SJK Cina and SJK Tamil can we? NO!!! Nanti org cina marah anak2 tidak pandai baca cina cakap cina…haiyaa!!

This will not happen if we didn’t allow BN rule the country.

I have no problem with doing away with SJK. I said “provided” .When everyone studies under the same syllabus/curriculum, chinese language and tamil language should be included. Hence, not only Malaysian chinese and indians still know the language, others will benefit from the extra language acquired. We are now living in a world where there is no border where languages are concern.

Yeah I agree with single education system.

and +1 to stay1’s suggestion.

Sounds like Malaysia needs a new constitution…

miri community is filled with pseudo intellectual people. carry on carry on.

This i do agreed, Chinese and Tamil shall be included in our education system, if can…i’d like them to include other languages as well…
but study such subjects or not, the choices lies on the student’s hand.

It will do no harm to the people, besides…we are living a competitive world…
the smarter you are, you can survive and succeed carrier easier…

even as the primary language, Malay language is not sufficient enough for you to survive in this country,
if you cannot write english…the chances of being employ is relatively thin.

to be competitive among other countries, we need to boost education on our younger generation…
racism will take you nowhere…(unless your country is full of oil, no need compete also can live relax)

This i do agreed, Chinese and Tamil shall be included in our education system, if can…i’d like them to include other languages as well…

even as the primary language, Malay language is not sufficient enough for you to survive in this country,

to be competitive among other countries, we need to boost education on our younger generation…
racism will take you nowhere…(unless your country is full of oil, no need compete also can live relax)[/quote]

racism will take you nowhere…(unless your country is full of oil, no need compete also can live relax)[/quote]

its just lol coming from u.

Well lets see, if your studies and hard work don’t mean a thing against what you are in skin color, what do you think?

if the chinese and indian are ready to get rid of sjk, is the malay ready to get rid of the quota system in education? ok, the crux of creating a multicultural society lies within our child’s education, let just said, education is the frontline of creating a multicultural society. let everything begin from our education, and let the education of malaysia be the first to practice fairness and meritrocracy based on individuals’ need and performance.

lets say, sjk is to be ridden off and all citizens are to go through single stream education, so are the malay ready to get rid of the quota system of university and premier school/college, are uitm ready to open it’s door to non malay? is mckk ready to open it’s door to non malay? now that sjk is gone and everyone went to the same stream, are the malay ready to compete in the same level field?

it is funny how some people lament about sjk being too much of a single race school whereas in the same time we have school like sk agama which is an almost all malay school, sm sains which is almost all bumiputera, kolej which is almost all bumiputera, not to mention mckk and of cos the mother of all…uitm.

there are still many region in sarawak which is still in dense jungle, and all those kids don’t have the kind of education and fascilities as those in the city, so how do you take care of their rights for a better education? quota nowadays should be based on the needs of the students, not by race anymore. the gov should put the school in ‘band’ according to their region. for example band 1 for school in ulu baram(no accessible road, electricity, water, far from town) band 2 for school in rural areas such as bakong, long lama or lapok, band 3 for school in outskirt such as bekenu and so forth. quota of admission should be given to pupils in band 1 school. for example, criteria for a pupils from band 1 school to enter college is 5 As. ppupils of band 4 school is 7As. so is scholarship. the reasons are because kids from rural area are much more impoverised and lack of certain opportunities and fascilities to get a proper education as to compare to kids in city. if only quota by race, then all those rich malay kids in city would grab all the seats in college with their half past six results just because they are ‘malay’

if the chinese and indian are ready to get rid of sjk, is the malay ready to get rid of the quota system in education? ok, the crux of creating a multicultural society lies within our child’s education, let just said, education is the frontline of creating a multicultural society. let everything begin from our education, and let the education of malaysia be the first to practice fairness and meritrocracy based on individuals’ need and performance.

lets say, sjk is to be ridden off and all citizens are to go through single stream education, so are the malay ready to get rid of the quota system of university and premier school/college, are uitm ready to open it’s door to non malay? is mckk ready to open it’s door to non malay? now that sjk is gone and everyone went to the same stream, are the malay ready to compete in the same level field?

it is funny how some people lament about sjk being too much of a single race school whereas in the same time we have school like sk agama which is an almost all malay school, sm sains which is almost all bumiputera, kolej which is almost all bumiputera, not to mention mckk and of cos the mother of all…uitm.

there are still many region in sarawak which is still in dense jungle, and all those kids don’t have the kind of education and fascilities as those in the city, so how do you take care of their rights for a better education? quota nowadays should be based on the needs of the students, not by race anymore. the gov should put the school in ‘band’ according to their region. for example band 1 for school in ulu baram(no accessible road, electricity, water, far from town) band 2 for school in rural areas such as bakong, long lama or lapok, band 3 for school in outskirt such as bekenu and so forth. quota of admission should be given to pupils in band 1 school. for example, criteria for a pupils from band 1 school to enter college is 5 As. ppupils of band 4 school is 7As. so is scholarship. the reasons are because kids from rural area are much more impoverised and lack of certain opportunities and fascilities to get a proper education as to compare to kids in city. if only quota by race, then all those rich malay kids in city would grab all the seats in college with their half past six results just because they are ‘malay’[/quote]

ok i get what ure saying. im sure those schools build in the rural like in bakong long lamaa area will follow Malaysian Education handle by government,the Ministry of education. and they dont teach Mandarin of Tamil…do we have too? talking about single education system for all. i dont see any benefits for others.

[quote=“stay1”]I have no problem with doing away with SJK. I said “provided” .When everyone studies under the same syllabus/curriculum, chinese language and tamil language should be included. Hence, not only Malaysian chinese and indians still know the language, others will benefit from the extra language acquired. We are now living in a world where there is no border where languages are concern.
[/quote]