What u think of the car Kia Sportage?

Hi to all mirians & kia sportage users outthere,

Goodday! i just curious of the vehicle Kia sportage, does anyone here own one of it, how was the DRIVEN EXPERIENCES, & ANY COMMENTS OF THE VEHICLES likes running costs, maintenance fees, roominess, road taxes & Insurance, etc?

anyone who owned a kia sportage car, pls share here with ur utilisation of this vehicle. thanks! ur good or bad comments was highly appreciated.

posts as many comments either good or bad abt this vehicle as possible! thanks. & have an nice day! Cheers!

FYI, about a million Kia and Hyundai in the US is being recalled back due to faulty brake lights and airbag this week. Malaysia’s or Brunei’s may come from different country. So there’s never been recalled? IMHO, may be better than a potong or belahdua cars.

Sorry, 1.6 million.

one thing for sure , the KIA rim are awesome !

[quote=“Perfect Guy”]Hi to all mirians & kia sportage users outthere,

Goodday! i just curious of the vehicle Kia sportage, does anyone here own one of it, how was the DRIVEN EXPERIENCES, & ANY COMMENTS OF THE VEHICLES likes running costs, maintenance fees, roominess, road taxes & Insurance, etc?

anyone who owned a kia sportage car, pls share here with ur utilisation of this vehicle. thanks! ur good or bad comments was highly appreciated.

posts as many comments either good or bad abt this vehicle as possible! thanks. & have an nice day! Cheers![/quote]

Yes bro…I drive new sportage. Performance wise i’ve no complaint, even the fuel consumption also consider reasonable…full tank can go to 350km if you drive in town…and long distance can reach Sibu if you refill full tank in Miri…The bad think I was overtook by Myvi at 120km/h speed…that is my ceiling limit anyway.

During booking the saleman told me can get my car within 3-4 months but unfortunately I only get my car after 7 months.

Now less than 6 months after drove the car…since last month my car had been towed to KIA centre 3rd time…the last one wad yesterday…got problem witj ECU…Body total…smart key reader…sensor and so on…luckily still under warranty. .but it really spoiled my image…ya when people see new car been towed a lot of perceptions such as…".he cant pay the installments guy…" I feel to lodge the complaint to consumer tribunal…

Right after I write this…im on the way to take my car from KIA centre…and hopefully it wont give me another trouble after this…otherwise has no option instead to let it go…

Design wise I really like it…anyway just to share my experienced…

in short, unreliable product.

Hope this story can help you.
Hyundai and Kia in US car recalls - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22017733

BSB, is your Sportage a version from Korea or European?Coz I am considering to buy it…

Bro…mine is korean version…just go head in fact it very a nice car…we may form a club later…just for info I took my car again last thursday night and so far it back to normal…

My general view and experience:

Price = reasonable, below 150k
Safety features = good
Driveability = comfort, engine power = smooth, fuel consumption = average high
Interior = spacy
OEM Sound system = very good
Found a few blind spots/vision block
Due to the extra width from seat to pillar, sometime driver has to open the door to press for a ticket from ticket machine entering car park
The rear seat cannot be inclined, not too comfort for some adult people.

Bro…mine is korean version…just go head in fact it very a nice car…we may form a club later…just for info I took my car again last thursday night and so far it back to normal…[/quote]

hi BSB, goodday!

why ur sportage car keep going back to factory for repairing? is it korean version of sportage has many hidden problems once u got the car??? & why take 7 mths to get the car in Miri? too longlo… not worth of RM u paid for the car? isnt it! cos i not considering of buying this carlo!

Cheers! hear ur reply! have an nice day!

[quote=“GTSW20”]My general view and experience:

Price = reasonable, below 150k
Safety features = good
Driveability = comfort, engine power = smooth, fuel consumption = average high
Interior = spacy
OEM Sound system = very good
Found a few blind spots/vision block
Due to the extra width from seat to pillar, sometime driver has to open the door to press for a ticket from ticket machine entering car park
The rear seat cannot be inclined, not too comfort for some adult people.[/quote]

Dear GTSW20, Goodday.

where are the blind spots/vision block of kia sportage car? & why rear seat cant be inclined, normally cars rear seats can inclined & declined, isnt it???

hear ur reply! Cheers! have an nice day!

[quote=“Perfect Guy”]
Dear GTSW20, Goodday.

where are the blind spots/vision block of kia sportage car? & why rear seat cant be inclined, normally cars rear seats can inclined & declined, isnt it???

hear ur reply! Cheers! have an nice day![/quote]

Sorry, my words was not clear. I mean the rear seat unable to adjust further slant to the back.

Bro…mine is korean version…just go head in fact it very a nice car…we may form a club later…just for info I took my car again last thursday night and so far it back to normal…[/quote]

hi BSB, goodday!

why ur sportage car keep going back to factory for repairing? is it korean version of sportage has many hidden problems once u got the car??? & why take 7 mths to get the car in Miri? too longlo… not worth of RM u paid for the car? isnt it! cos i not considering of buying this carlo!

Cheers! hear ur reply! have an nice day![/quote]

I’ve no specific answer to ur question bro…even my colleague drive new proton less than a year also got problem with ECU…may be not a good fengshui when I planned to buy this car.

According to salesman they got stock problem untill now.even some last year booking also still didnt receive the car…not really sure what the problem…phobia already & consider to sale or trade in with fortuner or harrier…if any salesman here who can assist me to trade in my car just pm me…

Tq