What is your average electricity bill?

Sesco just came to read the meter, and we have a HUGE bill. I worked out our average usage since the previous actual Sesco meter reading is around RM335 per month. We have a small house, 1 air-cond (on at night only, unless very hot day) and a desktop computer on around 12 hrs a day.

Is this normal? Seems like a huge amount. Just wanted to see what other people are paying.

Thanks…

Would you believe me if I say, there is only 2 meter reader in the whole of Miri? Yes, only two. You see the date of the bill, and see the reading stated there. If you find it differs, take the actual meter reading stated on your meter and the date you take the reading. Go to sesco and inform them of it, you pay on the spot when you do that.

Another thing, if you are still using the old meter, apply to Sesco to change your meter, as the old type meter’s reading disc can go out of line after few years. The digital gives you an accurate reading.

BTW, my bill for a month on average is 350+ (5 Aircond, 2 TV, 2 fridge, PC, low consumption lights, auto gate, alarm systems and other minor electrical stuff.) Aircond only in use during the night and whole day in the weekends…

335/month sounds expensive for a small house…

Mine is around RM130-140 a month. 2 TV (one in living room, one in bedroom), 2 PC (on 24 hours), 1 fridge, 4 ceiling (1 in living room, 3 in bedrooms). I have no airconds, no autogate, no alarm system.

Yeah, my home still uses the old skool rotary thing. Do i need to pay if I wan them to change the meter?

wowww… thats tooo high. Guess its your light bulb cause the matter because some of the lighting bulbs are actually quite high voltage. Sometimes depends on your air-con host power. Or other way round.
In my case, in order to reduce our bill electric, this is what we done, off 1 fridge, currently using 2 fridge, but switch to 1 fridge because one of it belong to the house owner. Off astro decoder when not watching tv. Off the main switch. Seldom on the living room light while watching tv. On the air-con after 9pm. hahhahahahahaha. Switch off any un-used bulbs and electrical appliencent if possible. Day light nobody at home. Arrived home most of the time around 6-7pm. And yesterday saw the secso bill, rm70.++ like that. If normal days, it will cost a bomb for us around rm100.++ or rm200.++. If the small bill coming in, it would cost around that range. If bigger piece of paper, it will cost us rm50.00++. Somehow i get confused with the bill also. 1 month is small piece of bill, the next month its a big piece like A4 size paper.

my home over RM400…sometime RM450…2 laptop,1 aircorn…open only at night and hot days…TV…not much watching…1 fridge and low consumption light…you think yours are expensive?i live in a terrance house…

semi-detached house with two person Rm150 per/month.

our lightbulbs are almost all fluorescent. Those don’t use much electricity, right?

Do we have to pay for sesco to change the meter? I think ours is the old kind.

triple story bungalow, 7 x 2hp air cons, spa / hot tub, sauna

Rm 95 per month - using new kind of meter, just released

ask sesco ppl do check the meter.

Mine last month RM55 but this month RM72 (all actual reading) but average abt RM60++
2 person living in a semi-det. single storey house only. One 1HP aircond only use at night for 4-6 hrs, usually use ceiling fan in the living room, stand fan in the bedroom (use all night), 1 refrigerator, 2 tv’s (one in living room and 1 in the bedroom); NO auto gate; NO Instant hot water system; NO Computer.

[quote=“GeminiGeek”]Mine is around RM130-140 a month. 2 TV (one in living room, one in bedroom), 2 PC (on 24 hours), 1 fridge, 4 ceiling (1 in living room, 3 in bedrooms). I have no airconds, no autogate, no alarm system.

Yeah, my home still uses the old skool rotary thing. Do i need to pay if I wan them to change the meter?[/quote]

As far as I know, no… dont have to pay a thing, cos meter belongs to Sesco.

tat’s scary high !!! or the bill is estimated amount?

that is actual average. i added up all estimated readings since the last actual reading 4 months ago and todays actual reading, then divided by 4 to get the average of RM335 per month. Our actual bill this month came to over RM600!!!

I think you got a leecher
better call an electrician check your place out

[quote=“azleena”]Sesco just came to read the meter, and we have a HUGE bill. I worked out our average usage since the previous actual Sesco meter reading is around RM335 per month. We have a small house, 1 air-cond (on at night only, unless very hot day) and a desktop computer on around 12 hrs a day.

Is this normal? Seems like a huge amount. Just wanted to see what other people are paying.

Thanks…[/quote]

ue small refers wat size? ur one air con how many Hp? Ur desktop pc wat spec?

small refers wat size?

• single story 2-bedroom (technically 3-bedroom, but 1 bedroom is a store)

ur one air con how many Hp?

• 1hp i think

Ur desktop pc wat spec?

• dunno. it’s 5 years old.

I called sesco. I can’t get them to do anything over the phone, I have to GO THERE to tell them to come and test my meter. Fun, when I have to bring baby with me.

huh ? 300 - 400 ? last time when i live in miri , also around that figure , but i got like 4 aircons running…

My home using electric saver. Before I install electric saver, my electricity bill is around RM100-RM200. Then i install this equipment, my electricity bill per month is RM 60- RM 100. Save a lot. Hehehe

yoo hoo Sesqo i found someone u might wanna fine ^^