What happens to all the used tires in Miri or Sarawak?

Question: What happens to all the used tires in Miri or Sarawak?
A. Do they get recycled? Where and how?
B. Thrown in the sea, dumped at garbage collection sites, (legally or illegally)?
C. Others, please describe.

Question: Are there any rules and regulations by Miri City Municipal Council, Department of Environment, etc to manage used tires?

as i know normally the tyre shop will collect back(without to pay any cent to u) the used tyre n will sent it to KK rebuild it.

no need send kk lar, kuala baram road there already got 1 for truck’s tire recycle ler!!!

for me, used tire is for my kobelco to jalan on the cement road or tar road!!! cause brunei government will saman if road damaged!!

aduhh…u already said is Truck tyre ler, how about vehicle tyre ???

throw to deep sea, make labak. So anglers can have real big fish in few months time 8)

Thanks for the inputs, guys. But I think you guys got the wrong idea of what I’m trying to ask. I’m not bothered about my used tires being taken by tire stores without any payment. Also, I’m not inquiring of what should we do with all the used tires.

My question is, what do the tire stores do with all the used tires? Send to a proper recycling facility? Dump somewhere (legally or illegally)? Wait for municipal-appointed contractor to collect and dispose of properly? Others?

Bear in mind that recyle is not the same as rebuild.

david,

i think coolman already answered your question. send to KK rebuild.
or shane answered your question too. throw to deep sea to make labak, of coz that’s not done by tires shop.
If i am not wrong, will have ppl go collect from tires. shop… cause tires shop don’t dare simply throw away used tired. get samman if get caught. hehehe
:stuck_out_tongue:

Good question, never thought of it before. :shock:

use them as a ‘rubber pot’ to plant my serai (lemon grass), cili padi or ginger at the backyard. :wink: :wink:
and also for my bunga-bunga. hehe… :lol:

[quote=“calista”]use them as a ‘rubber pot’ to plant my serai (lemon grass), cili padi or ginger at the backyard. :wink: :wink:
and also for my bunga-bunga. hehe… :lol:[/quote]

now this is wat i call environment friendly recycle method…