What a bad luck to meet such Service Centre

[size=150]Got tis forwarded email this morning… share to all…[/size]

Last week i was very angry when i sent my car to toyota service centre to repair my door lock. I really cannot accept that their service are very poor and its not the first time I faced this kind of problem already. To let you know more about the story, I started it with the serviced that they provided to me during the last two months.
In mid of December, my car’s lock got a bit sot sot where it cannot auto lock by itself sometimes and sometimes it will lock. So I bring my car’s to the toyota service centre to let them checked it to see what was the problem and maybe it needed some repairs. Then when I brought my car to check, they told me that I had to wait till around 2 something to come back to get my car. So i just went back and waited for them to check it. After 2 something, they haven called me to get my car so I called them back… and the officer in charge said maybe around 3 something, then at 3 something i called back, they asked me to come back after 5pm. Wa… that time i really a bit pissed off liao as its 5 PM??? and i’m waiting so long from 2 something till 5 pm, they thought that i don’t have to go back to work one meh? Due to a bit pissed off with the officer, i talked to him with high voice as they should informed me earlier if they really cannot finish it up on time ma. So, i went back to get my car after 5 pm as what to do they car still not ready yet. L When i reach there, the service officer told me the problem of my car’s lock. He say it was the actuator (i also donno wat is that) in the lock that make it cannot auto lock anymore. So had to replace the actuator and he even said you are very LUCKY that your car still in the warranty where the warranty only end on this month as the actuator cost rm700++ to change it. I don’t know what he meant with you are LUCKY??? or I am too sensitive to what he is saying and think that they are only wanna tell me that my warranty is still on?? Hmm… really not a good service to me though… So the spare parts will only come after 1 or 2 weeks and i had to wait for the spare to come to change it. Then around mid of Jan, the spare part came liao. They called me to go to change it. Then i managed to arrange my time on 24/01/07 to bring my car to toyota there. As I had a bad experienced on their time management, I had to settle everything in the office first before I went to repair my car. This time, they have a better time management as they told me it will ready by 3 pm and at 2.30 pm they called me to take my car. When I reached there, he told me the actual price of the charges for the spare part and the labour charges. Then I thought that I have to pay for the labour charges as that’s the point when he showed to me the actual price rite? BUT when I take out my wallet, he told me that I don’t have to pay any money as its all included in the warranty. -_-||| Sien si when heard what he said as like its my fault to make the warranty and he said that the actuator very seldom will spoilt one unless you are the unfortunate one… now really feel like wanna say rude words already. That’s the end of the story for the first warranty. And for your information, I also got changed the lighter fuse in my car and the spoilt one they got put back in my car as an evidence that they changed it already but for the actuator they did not put it in the car. That is a curiosity to me but I did not think much as long as its already fixed liao.
Then almost after 1 month, on 05/03/07, my door lock is not operating well again. Last time is the front passenger side and this time is on the driver side. Its the same problem happening and the door even cannot be opened as the lock was stuck on the lock side. I had to climb through the passenger side to get out from the car. Then I bring my car to the service centre at 10 something in the morning. I told the service officer the problem and they said they needed some time to check and repair it. So they asked me to wait again and probably will ready before 2 pm. As due to I never wanted to believe their time management, I just do all my things and back to the office. Before 2 pm, I called them to make sure that they did something on my car but what a disappointment that the officer told me that they haven started to repair my car as I did not do any appointment so they cannot even check my car. If they have too many cars to do, probably I have to go back to get my car and come back again tomolo. WA… that time i really tu lan till donno how to say. (Sorry as really very pissed off already). I told my dad about it and he called the service centre to reconfirm it but when my dad (with high voice) asked them, then they said it will be ready to be collected around 2.45 pm. I never had such an experience of such a service provided by a service centre. Only will do something when people scold them. Well… then we went to collect the car (together with my dad) and the officer told us that it was the “gun” of the lock that is not good and if we wanted to order the spare part then will cost rm700++. This time we have to pay as the warranty is over already. My dad was curious with the repair that they had done last time (the first lock) so he asked them whether is it the same things that is spoilt last time on the passenger side. She said its not the same as last time it is the center lock and this one is totally different things. Then my dad asked them why they cannot give us the warranty as we never go to other service Centre to service our car and this lock was only spoilt after they had make something on it. What a coincidence that, the same kind of problems happening in not more that 3 months. We even mentioned to them that when they repaired the first door lock last time, they even take out all the four doors out although I already mentioned to him that it was the front passenger side door lock is not functioning. I donno why they still wan to take out the entire doors. And we even don know whether they got change any of the good parts in my car o not last time. It is not worth it for us to go service our car every time at toyota with a cost of around rm400 per every service. RM400 le… they think its so cheap meh? We almost go for servicing for every 3 months and in 1 year they will get rm1200. With these money that we pay, they are giving such a service to us???No point to be such a loyal customers when something’s wrong, they just said that the warranty was over and if want to order the spare part we have to put 50% deposit first. So my dad’s decided not to order the spare part first as he wanted to go outside to ask other’s mechanic to check the real problem of the car. Then, after I left the service centre, not more than 5 minutes, the officer in charge called me and told me that actually the parts that is spoilt is the same with the one that I had changed last time in the warranty. DO YOU FEEL THE WEIRD THINGS IS HAPPENING NOW? They are not professional at all and this make me feel that the first time I change the lock, they din even change my warranty spare part and maybe interchange it and now the problems come again.
As my dad was so mad with the Toyota service centre there, he called his friend to repair my cars door lock. And when he check it, the problem is only on the electronic plate and also the wiring and not the whole actuator motor. For your surprise, its only cost us rm 175 including the labour fees to repair it. What a big difference from rm700++ (without labour fees) to rm175… I never thought that a service centre can give such a service to their customers.
So just a reminder to all, sometime don trust too much on the service center as they really sometime will simply do some checking for u only and charge u for a large amount of fees. But maybe some of it wont la maybe Im just too soi met up with this kind of service center. L

it’s not bad luck lah. before you buy that toyota, you should already know:

1. how good is toyota/umw service quality
  2. what are the common problems with that make/model
  3. what are the cost and availability of original spare parts and alternatives

if you didn’t know… well… next time remember to do some research first…

i myself like to check at motortrader.com.my before buying cars…

i think it is KL side

Pretty soon the mail will mutate to read Honda, Proton, Perodua, Mercedes, BMW, GM, Ford… as seen fit by the forwarder to change accordingly to his preference.

heh.hheh… i’ve a personal experience with eon - proton to share. my ex-wira got EFI problem. eon said must replace controller and quoted around a thousand bucks. being my typical skeptical self, i went WT#$%^&F and asked for 2nd opinions and was directed to a workshop next to imperial mall (i think it’s no longer there) where the guy took 2 hours to replace a actuator gear which had broken teeth. he said it’s a common failure. the charge? 45 mighty ringgit.

heh.hheh… i’ve a personal experience with eon - proton to share. my ex-wira got EFI problem. eon said must replace controller and quoted around a thousand bucks. being my typical skeptical self, i went WT#$%^&F and asked for 2nd opinions and was directed to a workshop next to imperial mall (i think it’s no longer there) where the guy took 2 hours to replace a actuator gear which had broken teeth. he said it’s a common failure. the charge? 45 mighty ringgit.[/quote]

Blerk… hope it wont happen on yr S****a. haha kill me lar~

you ah bely naughty… that car only a few in miri… :evil:

tats y i only goes to workshop… never go to any service centre… tats the result.

[quote=“stupidhead”]it’s not bad luck lah. before you buy that toyota, you should already know:

1. how good is toyota/umw service quality
  2. what are the common problems with that make/model
  3. what are the cost and availability of original spare parts and alternatives

if you didn’t know… well… next time remember to do some research first…

i myself like to check at motortrader.com.my before buying cars…[/quote]

Check motortrader for the value of the current market or for those 3 questions u mentioned… :roll:

or can just google for like “umw toyota service experience”, sure you’ll find some info for reference.

If you think that is bad…

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automoti … ngine.html

No brand is safe if your luck is very, very bad or as a result of bad karma.

wau…so bad ah…i thinks this is not happened at miri toyota eh?

where is bad service center har?
miri izzit?

if u go motor trader, there is a fella wit avanza 1.3 problem.
got problem wit the alignment bcos d car swerved to d left if driving.
visited toyota SC a few time, oso cannot solve d problem.
asked 4 a replacement car while waiting oso susah mau dapat.
when he get a 2nd opinion from AAM. confirm got problem.
but toyota consult puspakom n their own SC team, problem was acceptable according 2 them la).
but these finding never tendered in court.
so he brought d case 2 tribunal court.
sadly he lost while toyota msia nvr showed any evidence that d car was in good condition

damn, i was thinking of gettin avanza…

i never like goin 2 service centre’s… charge ody expensive, knowledge experience i think 10% only.n most of them r trainees frm schools doin their training. so cal ‘sifu’ will tel dem wat 2 do only n leave d repair 2 newbies. i prefer 2 knw a good mechanic outside n do all my repairs there…

Guys, i checked with the originator, it is happened in Miri.

[quote=“haroldz”]
damn, i was thinking of gettin avanza…[/quote]

Don’t. I drove one just once and never stopped complaining about it since.

avanza 1.5 not good meh?

it’s bumpy bcos it was design 2 carry load n passenger.
if better mpv get livina or innova but then again i hv2 robbed banks…

avanza is cheapest mpv though there is citra but of course different engine n FC

Toyota Malaysia (UMW) cannot be compared with Toyota Japan, that’s for sure.

It seems like the person in the email was being so rude and raising his voice.
So pay back lah

[quote=“haroldz”]avanza 1.5 not good meh?

it’s bumpy bcos it was design 2 carry load n passenger.
if better mpv get livina or innova but then again i hv2 robbed banks…

avanza is cheapest mpv though there is citra but of course different engine n FC[/quote]

The single biggest let down is its gearbox (auto). Basically, it has a mind of its own.