Welcome to the new MiriCommunity.net

(whatman) #121

Its getting better so far. Increase the recent update list. The mobile version still need a lot of work, but concentrate on the desktop version first.

0 Likes

(quickdream) #122

im new here!! hi everyone ! =)

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #123
4John said:
By far the best Home page layout of the new look, that's what improvements are all about, now if only there's a way to jump directly to the latest post in a thread (or latest page) from the Home page instead of landing on the first page of the thread :)

@4John, If there is a topic is not read before, clicking on it will bring you to the first page. If you have read a topic before and there are new responses, clicking on it will bring you to the new unread response. If you are done reading for the day, clicking on "Mark All Viewed" will purge the rest of the unreads. So the next time you click on the topic with new response, you will be brought to the latest unread response. Hope it is not confusing. Anyway, this is a forum feature and I think I cannot do anything about it yet.

@whatman, can't do much about controllers yet to increase the number of topics per category. Can only work on the presentation layer with available dataset by moving things around as you have noticed. Anyway, we're almost done with the mainpage listings, have a few more loose ends to tidy-up (e.g. bloggers digest, twitter digest, etc.). As for the mobile version, that's not officially available for modifications yet but I can see we have lots of users accessing miricom using mobile. Will definitely explore to see what else can be done.

0 Likes

(lexgolas) #124

Were there any 'latest' comment button on each topic or i just miss it?

0 Likes

(whatman) #125

OK so far the design is much better. At least got separate news section.

0 Likes

(babyryyan) #126

hye..newbie here. :)

0 Likes

(ken) #127

@Jack the “search button” doesn’t work as usual… i try to search for common word like “for sale” “sale” “land” “house” “pet” “chicken” , no findings were found. Can it be fix? :slight_smile: peace!

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #128

@ken, let me take a look shortly bro.

0 Likes

(ken) #129

it's all good now bro.. easier to just type the keyword rather than to click on every page :)

Thanks @Jack

0 Likes

(Chen Shi Properties) #130

where can i find my post btw? i cant find my list of threads

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #131

@Chen Shi Properties,

http://www.miricommunity.net/profile/discussions/56721/Chen Shi Properties

http://www.miricommunity.net/profile/comments/56721/Chen Shi Properties

Let me know if you would like to use an Announcement Topic for your ads to support MiriCommunity.net. :)

0 Likes

(g@b@nTr0m3n) #132

nice work on the updated design..much easier to browse now..keep it up !!

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #133
g@b@nTr0m3n said:

nice work on the updated design..much easier to browse now..keep it up !!

Thanks for the feedback buddy. :)

0 Likes

(Apocalypse) #134

nice work Jack...seems a bit slow though

not much participation

0 Likes

(ken) #135

@Jack / Mods / Admins .. i have a opinion/suggestion .. Can you make rules on how many or frequent a member/user can post a thread? let say, one thread a day(maybe).

it seems threads are freely created just for the sake of seeking attractions & attentions rather than for wise discussions, proper conversation, sharing informations and knowledge to every and each other members.. nothing personal k. Thank you very much. Peace!

0 Likes

(stay1) #136

Wow…Jack…this is awesome. Have not checked in for a long time. Surprised with the changes. Keep it up.

0 Likes

(mayday) #137

How to advertise here?

0 Likes

(pauser98) #138

Lost in the main page. Need a sub-forums listing to navigate.

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #139

@stay1, nice to see you around again. Have you read this? http://www.miricommunity.net/discussion/73152/any-old-mc-gang-here

@mayday, you have PM.

@pauser98, there are only 8 public forums/categories. And you can access them directly on the mainpage.

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #140

Just a heads-up. Part of the roadmap implementation for MiriCommunity.net - Social Hub #Miri. You can see the social hub on the mainpage.

0 Likes