Welcome to the new MiriCommunity.net

(Jackson Liaw) #61

@swk & @Alice1981, anything specific you want to see in the new forum which I haven't answer yet?

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #62

how do we do signatures?

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #63

@Kony2016, It's disabled temporarily because it makes discussions unreadable with all the self-promoting links and images. It is on my list of things to do later. Thanks for the feedback and try to play nice with the folks in here.

0 Likes

(singi168) #64

very good in deed

0 Likes

(singi168) #65

overview not that good pls kindly tuneup abit for better overall picture of the froum topic.tks

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #66

simple but ok bah....

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #67

can i apply for moderator?

0 Likes

(whatman) #68

I miss the old format. Still not getting used to this one. My main problem is the size of each thread that takes up spaces for us to view on a single screen, and the large thread title (about 4-5 characters tall) force us to scroll all the way down to read the rest of the threads. Cut down the thread starter avatar image to reduce the size of the thread list.

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #69

Hmm... I must have got too used to 1920 x 1080 and didn't get to check the other resolutions after a week of QC checks. Hope the table view now is much better for the discussion listings. Will be doing some UI tweaks based on gathered feedback soon.

0 Likes

(TYPE-R) #70

wow new site congrats. somehow i feel something missing da layout doesnt feel very community like lowyat.net. hopefully can see room of improvement.

0 Likes

(whatman) #71

The sidebar on the left screen need to be totally remove though. Its quite distracting and does take up spaces. Most forums I see avoid the sidebar.

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #72

it renders well in OSX..

good job Jack

0 Likes

(4John) #73

The Home page now look much more user friendly, perhaps the font size of the number of Replies and View can be further reduced to allow for a cleaner look. However this still depends on what one uses to view MC.net, i.e. H.Phone-Tablet vs. 24" H-resolution desktop monitor.

whatman’s comment on the sidebar is a valid one, if we must have a sidebar can it not be relocated to the right side of the screen. That way viewing devices with smaller screen will always display the active threads and if they need to view the sidebar they will scroll right to view, WIN-WIN no?

Anyhow things are improving and I see you are incorporating some of the feed backs, I know it’s a one man show you’ll need to catch up on your sleep else you’ll get cranky and ban some of us. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #74

There is nothing wrong with the left sidebar...

perfect on my 27" screen, maybe whatman is looking on a 3" phone?

0 Likes

(applebee) #75
Jack said:
Hi guys. Welcome to the new MiriCommunity.net. There are some changes to the categories plus lots of new features here I would like to share with you guys but it would be more exciting for you to explore when you navigate around in the interface. Do not worry about breaking things in here, but do let me know if you encounter any problems. It's been a tiring day for me and time to catch some sleep. You may drop me a private message as well if you have any specific queries - I hope sending PMs should be easy to figure out as well.

Honestly i had hard time to adapt use this new look.... I dun find it frendly use, pls guide me whr to view my post, my inbox, where to logout?

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #76

you know it is quite good

imagine developing this by yourself....what a feat

thx again Jack

0 Likes

(JohnLai) #77

Dear Jack, may I request SSL to be used for Miricommunity.net? Especially on login section....

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #78

@applebee, hope the 3 circled items in screen capture below helps:

0 Likes

(Kony2016) #79

how about RSS feed?

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #80
JohnLai said:

Dear Jack, may I request SSL to be used for Miricommunity.net? Especially on login section....

I am considering the option to enable to forum to always use SSL, but it comes with annual cost as well for the trusted certificate (e.g. green padlock on your browser address bar). Give this comment an "Awesome" if it is something you & others would like to see being implemented.

0 Likes