Welcome to the new MiriCommunity.net

(Jackson Liaw) #1

Hi guys. Welcome to the new MiriCommunity.net. There are some changes to the categories plus lots of new features here I would like to share with you guys but it would be more exciting for you to explore when you navigate around in the interface. Do not worry about breaking things in here, but do let me know if you encounter any problems. It’s been a tiring day for me and time to catch some sleep. You may drop me a private message as well if you have any specific queries - I hope sending PMs should be easy to figure out as well.

0 Likes

(whatman) #2

I expect changes but didn’t expect this kind of change. Need to get used to this.

0 Likes

(g@b@nTr0m3n) #3

woooooooooooooooooo…me likey new face

0 Likes

(4John) #4

Kudos for the new look, a refreshing change from the typical legacy forum layout.

Constructive comments:
Navigating is no more straight forward as there are only 2 sections (General and Classified) thus all threads are now lumped in the General section. We may require more sub-sections created under General to better manage threads of various flavour/interest, we also need an index like what we had, it is very useful for overview of the latest post.

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #5

Thanks for your feedback. Initially when I was drafting the plans for this upgrade, an opportunity came about whether continue to maintain 55 forums (had to stop there because it is overwhelming to readers) just to categorize topics which eventually end up with new topics in the wrong forum again or having those threads in grey areas (discussed about something and eventually end up soliciting for business). It is a moderating nightmare to sieve through all posts, move them, and still trying to remind users politely to post in the correct forum. I believe in order to move forward to categorize the information, users only need to decide whether their post is for General Discussion or for Classifieds. Once that is determined, they just need to tag their topic using generic keywords like: “for sale”, “for rent”, “house”, “car”, “cat”, “dog”, etc. using preconfigured tags or type in their own. Once I get a chance to configure the tags display, a list of popular tags will appear in the forums for quick navigation. By the way, the Search function is also quite interesting.

The index of latest topics is something that is still maintained here in this Vanilla forums system. I personally also like to see it first when landing on forum websites.

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #6
woooooooooooooooooo...me likey new face

I’m sure you have also seen the Reactions under every posts? Sample below:

0 Likes

(whatman) #7

Looks good on mobile.

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #8
Looks good on mobile.

Are you using Android or IOS? It’s much readable now in IOS but I do not have Androids to check it out.

0 Likes

(vertigo) #9

been a while logging in mc.net and it has turned to this.

what kind of sorcery is thisssssssssss

0 Likes

(MetalHead) #10

woahhh unexpected

0 Likes

(Vandrexz) #11

Simplified is good, but sometimes too simplified may not good

0 Likes

(Reject corrupt BN and save our country.) #12

Miss the old version already. Guess I just have to get used to this new look. Adverts and menu on the left cover almost half of the page. This new look actually gives me a headache…hahaha.

0 Likes

(ken) #13

wow~

familiarization mode : ON!

0 Likes

(vertigo) #14

Jack, should put some kind of ‘dislike’ button for each post, lols

0 Likes

(ken) #15
Jack, should put some kind of 'dislike' button for each post, lols

agreed XD

0 Likes

(gameaddict) #16

Need to get used to the new interfaces, feel kinda hard to navigate tho…

0 Likes

(DuFfz) #17

Is it possible to set the layout similar to forum.lowyat.net? I think it’s easier to navigate around.

Just my 2cents

0 Likes

(whatman) #18
Looks good on mobile.

Are you using Android or IOS? It’s much readable now in IOS but I do not have Androids to check it out.

Using android and looks ok so far…

0 Likes

(whatman) #19

Testing upload

0 Likes

(Jackson Liaw) #20

Ok, done. Let’s see how it goes @vertigo and @ken. Getting “disagreed” will not cause your post to be buried or points being deducted.

0 Likes