Wedding's performers

Long time didnt post…attend a wedding of my friend last week,it’s interesting cos there’re some performances by the couple’s friends and relatives,so take the chance to take some pics,comments are MOST wellcome,thank u

1)The guy is our local Bumis,my far relative too :slight_smile:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/my4to/IMG_0726520x.jpg

2)A nice lady with traditonal dance,like especially the colourful dress(of course like the sweet lady too la :slight_smile: )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/my4to/IMG_0770520x375.jpg

3)Another pretty lady with group traditional’s dance,cropped heavily just to focus on the sweet lady,hehehe
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/my4to/IMG_0798520x371.jpg

:smiley: :smiley:

Nice shots! I love your cropping - but the color’s a bit off - (at least on my monitor) try auto-color in Photoshop for the first pic. The rest have a slight tinge of green to it, with the last pic increasing some blue in color balance.

ian,totally agreed,i myself also found the colour a bit dull.

I found that’s becos the original pic are a bit underexposed and when i level/curve them in CS2,the colour tone become dull.I 1st tot it was cause my camera but when i check again with original pics,they look just fine.

Another thing is the pics were taken in Imperial Ballroom.Basically they will change the lighting colour on stage to creat some “special effect” but this is quite hard to take pic becos of the lighting…i even have some pics with totally blue and gree tint…:shock: :shock: :shock:

Btw,i also found the auto colour in CS2 not worked in most case.I remembered read somewhere there’s some simple step in CS2 whereby u can easily change the right WB,with minor fine tune,but cant recall where,can anyone share?

thanks again,ian. :slight_smile:

I think what you mean is Level’s color pick? Use the dark picker and click in the darkest areas for black and use the white picker to click the whitest areas for white…

Here’s what auto color did to the first pic.

I know autocolor isn’t reliable but you should try it out as sometimes it can save some time.

…with a little tweak and the color will show (red increase in color balance + a little contrast)

hi ian,thanks for the reply…i cant remembered it’s Level picker but i tried ur method just now and it looks much better now.Thanks also for sharing the pic after tweak,it’s looks much natural skin tone now.

Here is another one which i personally like the most (after tested with Level picker,some change in colour balance and saturation) :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/my4to/IMG_0728640x3253copy.jpg

:wink:

hi myqd;
nice shot!! good cropping also but colour still out…my monitor also see different…

nice shorts do post some more! :smiley:

[quote=“my4to”]
Here is another one which i personally like the most (after tested with Level picker,some change in colour balance and saturation) :
:wink:[/quote]

Very nice - perhaps in color balance, tweak +3 to +5 Yellow to it a bit - the yellow on the hat will show up and the red lips on the shield will be redder. The shield looks too white in my opinion… Just a suggestion.

Incidentally, the Level picker also works with gray areas for even more accuracy - as you might have guess, the middle picker between the Black and the White picker is Gray, and if you choose a correct gray area the color will be near perfect.

However, you have to go over it a few times to get the correct shade of gray.

We usually cheat with auto color as since we go through hundreds of images daily sometimes, it’s a timesaver.

Wow, you guys really get into the details of poshing up the images. My quick & dirty method in using Photoshop for editing dull photo is:

1. Open Levels, increase the Input Levels to 1.10 so that the darker tones will show.
  2. Then increase the Contrast a tad bit, and finish it off with a little of Brightness if applicable.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Jack”]Wow, you guys really get into the details of poshing up the images. My quick & dirty method in using Photoshop for editing dull photo is:

1. Open Levels, increase the Input Levels to 1.10 so that the darker tones will show.
  2. Then increase the Contrast a tad bit, and finish it off with a little of Brightness if applicable.

:P[/quote]

If you + Red in Color Balance it should be perfect. Color is the hardest part of photo editing (and sometimes photography), and sometimes I find that its a pain to tweak colors when in cases where the color are not satisfactory due to elemental inteferece (e.g. background or lighting throwing off the colors in a shot)

Your technique is good for most shots out of the camera as the most cameras produce slightly ‘under’ pics, and it did bring out the darker areas. However, that only produces a brighter result when used with an off colored pic. With correct colors, this is the technique to use to brighten up the pic.

Thanks KVReninem,so u re now in Australia? Why never saw ur post from Australia ler? ( pity ur S2 IS ,hehe ) :wink:

Peter Choy,thanks,glad to know u like it :smiley:

Ian & Jack, please,ALL Comments and Sugguestions are really appreacite,photography is really a no-end learning hobby,yet i’m just on the starting line,really needs more advices from u guys :smiley: :smiley:

Ian,i also found colour balance is the hard part to learn.Sometimes after u tuned a pic to ur liking,save it,the next morning when u open u will feel something wrong with the colour…the last pic i posted actually i’m satisfy at the 1st place,but now when i see it again,i found it could be better if i add some yellow or red on it…

[quote=“my4to”]
Ian,i also found colour balance is the hard part to learn.Sometimes after u tuned a pic to ur liking,save it,the next morning when u open u will feel something wrong with the colour…the last pic i posted actually i’m satisfy at the 1st place,but now when i see it again,i found it could be better if i add some yellow or red on it…[/quote]

Yeah, it happens to me also… one way to minimize that from happening is to look at 3 key areas of a photo (assuming one of people), skin tone, clothing, and the third being an object of familiarisation, in this case, the shield. If the skin tone seem correct, but the clothing seems off, then you know where to compensate.

So in this case the shield was what seemed slightly off (too white), correcting that should suffice.

Another way is to leave the photo and work on something esle, then you’ll see a key difference, which you have done so

You can also play around with highlight or the shadow color balance for more accuracy.

If you really wanna go technical, try Curves for color correction. I don’t use it much but it gives better results, but you can screw up big time with it too :slight_smile:

yes, colour tweaking is definitely the hardest part and it depends on one’s liking. But generally, since the person is your main subject, the first thing to check is the skin tone. I used to play with level but after started using curves, i never bother to use level anymore. Curves is way too powerful.

Interesting - I guess I’ll start playing around with curves too for now. :smiley:

From the words of the Master himself :slight_smile:

yaya,from the master one,must listen must listen :slight_smile:

thanks relaxjack :smiley: :smiley:

wa. me not master la. Ian should be sifu. Anyway, anyone here knows the best spot for taking insects like butterflies ? got a macro lens and plan to try it out.

how about these? i like blur images.

//attendants.

//the singer.

//the dancer.

//with traditional costume.