Vpn

well about VPN … i need some info from experts or sifus out there. I’m considering on purchasing VPN to speed up my downloads… will it be any good? i’m currently already using a 4mb connection

will a vpn affect gaming performance? better or worse? any info appreciated thanks.

Where are you downloading your stuff from? VPN will not speed up your download.however if you have a virtual machine located in cyberjaya for instance, you can remotely download to virtual machine then set up http or FTP to you in miri. However do not expect to see download speed increase 10 fold, it is still capped by your backbone ISP. Perhaps you will just see a constant 500kb/s download and that’s it.

In short VPN will not increase your download but it will def improve your gaming abit if u choose the right one. Eg locality of VPN and your game server location

i though that some vpn have the ability to bypass bandwith limit,thats mean even u have reach ur bandwith,u still get the normal speed…

it can bypass the streamyx torrent speed cap

any of u guys using VPN? testimonies? im interested to get one any recommended ones?

try vpn4all…

if not mistaken they have free trial…use it nicely,can bypass bandwith,surf block site,watch hulu.com

i know there is VPN provided by streamyx, cost around 400++ per mth, but the speed is much or stable and better then those normal adsl line. if you really wan a full speed 2mbsp line, TM also got it, but very costly (50k per annual)… but confirm u can use up to 2mbps speed… unless u loaded, if not better dun think of this special package… if you wanted, do pm me, i will get the quotation for u for this project. it will be a direct fiber optic from the main switch box to ur house, but u also need to change ur normal cate5 lan cable to cate6 lan cable

I use Free Open VPN to download http://www.freeopenvpn.com/

But no torrenting I think. “To maintain high quality of VPN service, no P2P and Bit Torrent traffic is allowed;”

i put my desktop in room, using Asus WLAN wireless on my desktop… the speed is damn slow… anyway to improve it?? cos if i use cable, the line is x10 faster… -.- but theres no way that i can pull the lan cable from living room into my room… suggestion?? :frowning:

try to get a n300 wireless, which will cost more but will confirm improve ur signal, or try to change ur modem into n300 modem will help too…

lol i’m already using 4 MBps line… CAT 6 LAN cables… and ASUS RT-N56U… i just need to speed up games… and p2p+torrents

saf: vpn does not help u bypass limit because the bandwidth cap is specific for ip, if the vpn ip doesnt have premium account bandwidth will still be capped.

In short, it will not improve download speed but will improve gaming speed by just abit. Vpn is cheap, can find 1 month for rm5-rm50, u can give it a try.

owh oh well. it sparked my curiosity as i’ve heard a few people mentioning before that if i want stable and fast p2p and torrent or downloads vpn helps :confused:

use bolehVPN…run by Malaysians. Very reliable. been using it for my torrenting.

saf: if you want fast download speed why don’t you just sign up for those rapidshare/megaupload/fileserve/filesonic?

its constant 480-500kb/s download on 4mb. The price is more or less the same like vpn, rm20+ a month and no need to seed/upload to have a good download ratio on torrent.These days alot of stuffs can be found on those rapidshare/megaupload/fileserve etc etc, u want chinese drama got chinese drama, u want game got game, u want indian movies, also got. macam macam ada.

torrent = waste of time.

for me i also dislike torrent, found it more slow, i rather use direct download from those file sharing site which will be better, u can get cheap premium account from lelong.com.my, if u buy 1 years package which is like 10+ riggit a month will worth it… unless u use torrent in brunei which will be faster, tried it b4

i recommend you for the Xunlei VIP. i using xunlei vip for few years already. it can help you download with the max speed, you can download your file to the server, then get the full speed download from the server to your PC + p2p resource + high speed tunnel. actually it have 4 way for you to speed up your download speed by VIP xunlei. Original Link + P2P Resource + High Speed Tunnel + Xunlei Server.
If i not mistaken you are the one last time said wan to buy powerball right?

direct download definitely more faster…
heter: u sure that 4mb line can reach up to 500kb/s lol max i’ve reached is like 200-250 on rapidshare… isn’t fileserve blocked?

[quote=“kaneboy85”]i recommend you for the Xunlei VIP. i using xunlei vip for few years already. it can help you download with the max speed, you can download your file to the server, then get the full speed download from the server to your PC + p2p resource + high speed tunnel. actually it have 4 way for you to speed up your download speed by VIP xunlei. Original Link + P2P Resource + High Speed Tunnel + Xunlei Server.
If i not mistaken you are the one last time said wan to buy powerball right?[/quote]

OH ya… LOL sorry man i totally forgot about it -.- too busy with final exams paiseh XL VIP got that useful?

You seems to be knowledgeable about those services.

This is my VPS connection speed.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2011-11-08 at 11.04.53 PM.png[/attachment]

So you’re saying I can have this speed setup on my premise?