Village chiefs urged to attend skills workshops

Dr Rundi and the guests at the dinner

Dr Rundi and the guests at the dinner

MIRI: Longhouse chiefs have been advised to attend leadership seminars or workshops organised in their area that are aimed at equipping them with skills needed for their task as grassroots leaders.

Assistant Minister of Public Utilities Datuk Dr Stephen Rundi Utom said they must strive and make all efforts to attend, failing which they would lack the knowledge and skill required of leaders in their longhouses.

“This is important to enable you to discharge your duties and responsibilities towards your subordinates effectively and efficiently,” he said at an appreciation dinner held at a leading hotel here recently.

The dinner was hosted by Dr Rundi to appreciate 22 tuai rumah who received their certificate of recognition as longhouse chiefs in N69, Kemena from the Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Adenan Satem at the ‘2016 Sejiwa Senada’ celebration here last week.

Dr Rundi reminded the longhouse chiefs to be dedicated and committed in their work to better serve the community in their respective areas.

Among those present were Subis District Officer Hussini Bakir, a political secretary to the Chief Minister Victor Temengong, Iban community chief Temenggong Wilson Atong and Association of Longhouse Chiefs of Suai Area Boniface Bada Enjah.

In his opening speech, Bada thanked Adenan for the certificates to recognise the recipients as the `Tuai Rumah’ (longhouse chief).

“I hope this will serve as an encouragement for them to strive and be committed to their work,” he said. One of the 22 recipients was Timboo Undi who has been a longhouse chief for 30 years.

His happiness was beyond description upon given the certificate which he had been looking forward to for three decades.

“It’s like receiving a bonus, I am very happy, thank you to our Chief Minister and Datuk Dr Stephen Rundi,” he said.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/01/15/village-chiefs-urged-to-attend-skills-workshops/