Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)

Hi everyone.
I want to promote UTP, Perak to all Miri SPM2009 leavers.
Do apply PETRONAS scholarship if you are interested in engineering courses and your SPM result meets the criteria required by PETRONAS.
Here’s the link :http://www.utp.edu.my/
All the best :slight_smile:

How about Diploma student from Unisel applying for degree course?Posibble?
My friend ask…

I also have the same type of Q as markenjah.

If I’m taking a diploma which is LAN approved from a private college,
is it possible for me to take a degree in UTP after I’m done with my diploma?

haha. i used to apply UTP last time, but rejected. i dunno why… it kept me thinking… all my qualification meets their criteria.

but, my frens with super duper poorer spm result, get into UTP. not only one, but many. after doing some research, i found out that their father/mother work under petronas/KLCC. so… moral of the story is… ask your papa to work at petronas.

internal cable still works best

yes it is. even with 2 A1 only u can get into UTP and study chemical engineering.

[quote=“VeilSupra”]haha. i used to apply UTP last time, but rejected. i dunno why… it kept me thinking… all my qualification meets their criteria.

but, my frens with super duper poorer spm result, get into UTP. not only one, but many. after doing some research, i found out that their father/mother work under petronas/KLCC. so… moral of the story is… ask your papa to work at petronas.[/quote]

No. My parents are not PETRONAS workers. But im accepted. Maybe u didnt do well during the interview sessions or your co-curricular activities were not impressive enough. I don’t know, but many students here have no PETRONAS family backgrounds.

all about quota la.

just for example, say if they open intake for 100 students, 80% will be given to ppl who has the most recognize ppl as reference, the balance 20% maybe given to who has the best SPM result + how you’re being interviewed.

you might be in that remaining 20% quota group.

internal cable as in meaning; if you have someone with high post being your referral/reference in your CV.

especially in petronas, really helps a lot.

believe me - i know.

during my time, they din ask us to go for interview. only shortlisted candidates come for interview. so they dun take the interview as a point to reject me. summore, i dun see my co-curricular activities is poor since im an active student in my school.

im agree with vertigo. it’s about quota and internal cable.

[quote=“VeilSupra”]during my time, they din ask us to go for interview. only shortlisted candidates come for interview. so they dun take the interview as a point to reject me. summore, i dun see my co-curricular activities is poor since im an active student in my school.

im agree with vertigo. it’s about quota and internal cable.[/quote]

depends on which company also. but nowadays, ppl will do anything to get into any promising position, rather being unemployed. :stuck_out_tongue:

so be kind to other ppl, who knows you’ll be recognize one day the least u know it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

haha thanx bro. guess it’s not my luck.

so better luck next time :smiley:

Its all about connection… my father told me that i should put my uncle’s name who is working for petronas in UAE… but i didnt because i dont know at that time before i submitted the forms… that is one of the biggest reason i couldn’t get into UTP… the interview session is ok for me, not too hard though… but i still jealous at my friend that accepted into UTP because his father worked there even though his SPM is no better than me…

i never regret not getting into UTP cos i have much brighter future by not joining UTP. do u guys ever wonder how much petronas pay for fresh graduate engineer? :mrgreen:

korekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk~ :stuck_out_tongue:

i thought malaysian company pays in RM not US dollar :roll:

true, i think dennos just giving you the rough figure in USD…

I engaged a project with Murphy Oil on pipe-laying and the related. there’s only 2 CSR sent by Murphy Oil, and it’s a damn big projects. 1 CSR on the night shift and the other is on the day shift…

Few weeks later, Petronas engaged us in jacket installation, not that big of a jacket, but you how many CSR and engineers that came on board? more than 10 of them! Now… if filling the gap of employment to these bunch of yellow jerseys, why are they not many local Sarawakian or Sabahan in that projects? I’ve never seen so much confusion over simple things going on with these yellow jerseys…

I see my motive opening this thread as failed. sigh

sorry TS for hacking ur thread. but it’s not my intention. i was just sharing my experience and hope my juniors will try other alternatives to get into UTP. thanx.