UiTM only for Malays kah?

this is what they want only and you all have been fooled:

theStar:

UiTM targets Nobel Prize

SHAH ALAM: Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) is aiming to produce the first Malay to win the Nobel Prize, through guidance and advice from renowned Pakistani scientist Prof Dr Atta-ur-Rahman.

Vice-chancellor Datuk Prof Dr Sahol Hamid Abu Bakar said with Dr Atta-ur-Rahman’s expertise, the university would be able to achieve the target through scientific research and development.

"We believe that with the cooperation, which began in 2005, UiTM will be able to intensify its research in science and technology.

“In fact, several UiTM students and staff members have been deployed to Pakistan with the aim of sharing their knowledge and expertise,” he told a press conference after attending a lecture given by the professor here Wednesday.

The lecture was held in honour of Dr Atta-ur-Rahman, who will be conferred with the honorary Doctor of Science award in conjunction with UiTM’s 75th convocation Thursday.

Dr Atta-ur-Rahman is the first Muslim scientist to have received the Unesco Science Laureate and elected as Fellow of Royal Society (London).

Asked about UiTM’s target to produce a Nobel Prize winner, Dr Atta-ur-Rahman said: "UiTM is a very unique university and has the possibility to achieve the target.

“But more efforts are needed, especially in upgrading the centre of excellence and research development in scientific technology.” - Bernama

UiTM = Universiti Ini Untuk Melayu ? LOL.

bunch of idiots. not even one university in malaysia was listed

inte Times Higher Education 400 top world university ranking 2011/2012.

now read this;

By Lee Wei Lian October 18, 2011
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 18 Malaysias universities are not as highly ranked as other countries as the nations priorities do not match that of ranking agencies, said Higher Education Ministry deputy secretary general Datuk Rohani Abdullah today.

This comes after a World Bank report released recently claimed that standards at Universiti Malaya (UM) have fallen and the institution has been kept at a disadvantage because of race-based admission quotas and political interference in university management.

now that, my friends is one of the few examples why no nobel prize would be given to any individual

who thinks he knows best. what? first malay to be given nobel prize? under the guidance of a pakistani

proffesor? what? an indepth study why pakistan is the world best cricket players producer in the world?

i rest my case. nobel prize la konon nya tek.

no offence though. it is a noble effort to produce nobel prize winner amongst us malaysians.

but with the deterioration of our education system, ppsmi for example, how would you think

we would achieve that? sekejap english. sekejap bahasa melayu. sik lamak gik bahasa jepon

kali ehh…remember the advertisement where this forigner asking for direction? go straight

don’t belok2? have you read a report where undergraduates can’t even point where their country

is at in the map? so many examples we can see. nak lagi? even in te news some PLKNs recruits

are being issued some books on how to read(sic). rhoae are no kindy guys, mind you.

i digressed a bit just to make my point why the noble effort is far far away from its goal.

Let them be…we’ll see what they can do…
when they cannot archive anything, it’s they themselves yang bikin malu sendiri.

ya lah. better i listen to kak lehot and then the gotcha calls.

First I heard of people trying to “manufacture” Nobel Prize Winner and only one race at that. So if either a Chinese or Indian Malaysian win an award, does not count as Malaysia achievement kah? You can pretty much tell how these “Professor” know how to talk ■■■■ when they themselves are third rate.

Guess how much they will try to pay the Nobel Prize judge just to get themselves nominated, lol.

UiTM standard soooooooo LOW… Why so cheap? Have to ask a Pakistani to help… Malaysia no other capable experts / talents meh?
Malaysian always like to ask outsiders for help… just look at the “first angkasawan” A.K.A “Space Tourist” Project getting the help from Russian.
My advise is “DON’T WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY” lah and "STOP DREAMING " lah and “STOP TALKING ■■■■” lah :mrgreen:

[quote=“MonkeyKing”]UiTM standard soooooooo LOW… Why so cheap? Have to ask a Pakistani to help… Malaysia no other capable experts / talents meh?
Malaysian always like to ask outsiders for help… just look at the “first angkasawan” A.K.A “Space Tourist” Project getting the help from Russian.
My advise is “DON’T WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY” lah and "STOP DREAMING " lah and “STOP TALKING sh*t” lah :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ermmm what make you said UiTM standard soooo LOW? Please describe further how low is low and how high is high how good is good.
It’s not only the quality of UiTM it’s the whole Universities in Malaysia, by said UiTM standard Soooo Low you’re offending UiTM graduates. :evil:

[quote=“Pujut Corner”][quote=“MonkeyKing”]UiTM standard soooooooo LOW… Why so cheap? Have to ask a Pakistani to help… Malaysia no other capable experts / talents meh?
My advise is “DON’T WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY” lah and "STOP DREAMING " lah and “STOP TALKING sh*t” lah :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ermmm what make you said UiTM standard soooo LOW? Please describe further how low is low and how high is high how good is good.
It’s not only the quality of UiTM it’s the whole Universities in Malaysia, by said UiTM standard Soooo Low you’re offending UiTM graduates. :evil:[/quote]

I have to agreed with Monkey King. After reading the article, I find myself laughing so hard at their goal. First off, by indicating only one race to reach nobel price, it is a given in Malaysia that this uni is going to set up ridiculous quota and selective budget allocation based on race. Secondly, UiTM has not been making any significant break through in their research since their establishment and they are already planning for nobel price. They got their priority backward already. Thirdly, by asking help from another country, they are “outsourcing” their work to others while claiming credit for themselves.

[quote=“Pujut Corner”][quote=“MonkeyKing”]UiTM standard soooooooo LOW… Why so cheap? Have to ask a Pakistani to help… Malaysia no other capable experts / talents meh?

It’s not only the quality of UiTM it’s the whole Universities in Malaysia, by said UiTM standard Soooo Low you’re offending UiTM graduates. :evil:[/quote]

lol those clever one will not go(not accepted) into local uni yo… many malaysian CLEVER n INOVATIVE one all went outside malaysia already… coz local dun wan to accept them… check who invented pendrive… ITS malaysian…

Well it goes down the the failure of current educational system which not only UiTM but the whole higher learning institution in Msia anyway. secondly yes sad but, UiTM give a reflection only for melayu though it is open to other Bumi’s definitely not for Indian and Chinese. Sadly, it offends by quoting the articles and saying that standards are soo loww which is not only to UiTM. The whole Universities in Msia are left behind by other Asian Countries higher Leaning Inst.
Have seen worse quality grads from other local universities grads before. not to mention from UM, USM UTM and what ever M

[quote=“knightmarez”][quote=“Pujut Corner”][quote=“MonkeyKing”]UiTM standard soooooooo LOW… Why so cheap? Have to ask a Pakistani to help… Malaysia no other capable experts / talents meh?

lol those clever one will not go(not accepted) into local uni yo… many malaysian CLEVER n INOVATIVE one all went outside malaysia already… coz local dun wan to accept them… check who create pendrive… ITS malaysian…[/quote]

You are right by quoting on that particular case. Whether not accepted or dont want to go if another different case. Do you think everybody is rich can afford to go to overseas to further studies? I dont think so. The current Education system is the culprit and to find out the reason why is very interesting

J-o-k-e !

put this in the jokes corner section pls

[quote=“Pujut Corner”]

You are right by quoting on that particular case. Whether not accepted or dont want to go if another different case. Do you think everybody is rich can afford to go to overseas to further studies? I dont think so. The current Education system is the culprit and to find out the reason why is very interesting[/quote]

Current Education system is just ONE problem. University should have their own way of producing quality graduates rather than follow a screw up system to the letter. It is as if they simply have no capability to object or think for themselves. For example, despite the ridiculous ruling that science and math should be taught in Malay, parents and some teachers took the initiatives to teach English terms to the students personally disregarding the directive.

Good sharing, fact and figure no doubt . would like to whether it represents the numbers of all of graduates from UiTM the whole malaysia including the campus branch all over the state

how about curtin university…hmm i couldnt find curtin even in top 300 university…any source to know swinburne and curtin world ranking ? :?:

Leech it can be work both ways…whether the failure of the universities and also failure of the students and sadly the selection criteria. During my time i was the only non-Malay in my class, out of all over student in take for the whole main campus, less than 10% are Swakian and Sabahan bumiputra and the rest is____.
Know what, observed some with grade 2 also eligible for the degree courses.