Tyre Shops

Where to buy tyres in Miri?

The last time I did a survey was about last 6 months. Been to a lot of tyre shop, all I can see was Sime, Monza, Continental, Barum, GT Radial, or normal Goodyear… very few of those like Yokohama, Bridgestone, Dunlop, etc, even the low end ones.

You can say that there is no choice in buying tyres in Miri.

It seems that this situation created a buying decission which is not made buy us, but the shop.

I was looking for sub-RM200 15" tyres like:

• Michelin XM1
  • Yokohama A520
  • Firestone SZ50

… but found none! These tyres are actually common everywhere else.

Try Bandar Seri Begawan Brunei, i know a few friends who went up there just for new set of good threads which is cheap. Then they have money leftover for a round of drinks AND a trip back.

You can try Tyre shop in Morsjaya,beside Petronas station.I used to buy Michlin tyre (Thailand made) for my car last time.

been to the morsjaya… but the tyre selection is not a satisfactory, either they’re lack of stock, or don’t have the size, or they have tyre range that is not on my list

Brunei is a different story… lotsa choices and good price. I have plans to look for tyres there. Maybe for the next tyre change.

Yep, if you want Japanese-made tires the only way to go is Brunei.

[quote=“soulfly”]Where to buy tyres in Miri?

The last time I did a survey was about last 6 months. Been to a lot of tyre shop, all I can see was Sime, Monza, Continental, Barum, GT Radial, or normal Goodyear… very few of those like Yokohama, Bridgestone, Dunlop, etc, even the low end ones.

It seems that this situation created a buying decission which is not made buy us, but the shop.

• Michelin XM1
  • Yokohama A520
  • Firestone SZ50

… but found none! These tyres are actually common everywhere else.[/quote]

hey mate, if you’re looking for the said 3 models of prefered tyres, be prepare to for budget of at least RM250 and above for it.

last i qas quoted RM240 for 195/60/15 continental (M’sia) tires.

So, if you want japanese tires or michelin, be prepared for more.

I was quoted B$110 - B$125 for japanese tires with specs 195/60/15 in Kuala Belait.

there is a tyre shop in KB… this kid running as a supervisor is actually a Mirian… the last time I went there to change my Tyre la… more cheaper than Miri.

Keep in mind, if u have a tinted glass on ur car, make sure u go there when the weather is ugly la ( cloudy or raining )… to avoid road block…hehe… :twisted: :twisted:

[quote=“fletcheru”][quote=“soulfly”]Where to buy tyres in Miri?

• Michelin XM1
  • Yokohama A520
  • Firestone SZ50

… but found none! These tyres are actually common everywhere else.[/quote]

hey mate, if you’re looking for the said 3 models of prefered tyres, be prepare to for budget of at least RM250 and above for it.

last i qas quoted RM240 for 195/60/15 continental (M’sia) tires.

So, if you want japanese tires or michelin, be prepared for more.

I was quoted B$110 - B$125 for japanese tires with specs 195/60/15 in Kuala Belait.[/quote]that is why i think Miri price is cekik darah… too expensive even compare with Kuching. Almost RM100 price difference with Peninsular just seems irrelevant to me.

Don’t tell me if those shops order tyres via courier one by one la :lol:

I bought Dunlop SP930 195/50/15 for RM180 per piece at a workshop somewhere near the old Pos Malaysia warehouse at krokop lorong 10 there. I guess it is the only tyre that I am satisfied with its performance and pricing.

guys… to know more abt the tyre… here is 2 links that might be useful for those who are interested to check it out before purchasing the tyre la…

http://www.dunloptire.com/
http://www.bfgoodrich.com.au/index.php? … =ProfilerG

those are the 2 brands that i actually use on my sportrim and got it from the shop in KB… … :smiley:

For Michelin one of the shop dealer is located beside Chung & Low restaurant, Rice mill Road, can’t recall the shop name, but got big Michelin sign board infront.

Can anyone tell me where can I get a carrier box for Honda EX 5 Class 1 motorbike?

Thank you.

[quote=“smallee”]there is a tyre shop in KB… this kid running as a supervisor is actually a Mirian… the last time I went there to change my Tyre la… more cheaper than Miri.

Keep in mind, if u have a tinted glass on ur car, make sure u go there when the weather is ugly la ( cloudy or raining )… to avoid road block…hehe… :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

could you tell us the direction to the tyre shop in kb? or the shop’s name?

There are many tyre shops.

Easiest one.

When you pass the RASAU Toll, Take the first juntion to your LEFT. Go straight after you pass the TeaPot Round About.

Turn Left when at the row of shops (Pizza Hut is tthere).

TyreMat is behind this row of shops… corner lot, you won’t miss it.

Good luck tyre hunting.

Coolman bought Falken F512 = RM420 (215/45/17). Can get Dunlop LM702 (205/45/17) for RM360 at Big Wheel Miri

i hv to agree…tyre prices in miri are too expensive…which made me swith from my 17" back to the 15"…went to megaskill(in yakin area)and he said the cheapest for 17" is atleast RM320…dang…