Two moons on 27th August?

I receive an email from a friend.Is that true?

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for… …

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.
Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again.

wah huilee, since when u become an astronomy? :mrgreen: , two moons eh, meaning to say double the “colour wolf” lo…heheheheh…anyway thx for the info, will definately watch it… :wink:

when the wolf gets wolfier… :mrgreen:

[quote=“huilee”]I receive an email from a friend.Is that true?

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for… …

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.
Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again.[/quote]
huilee: just want to clarify with you 12:30 am on the 27th of August = 0003 hrs (24 hours time) on 27th you mean? where do you get this timing source? mind to share?

avantgarde : i get it from an email :slight_smile: so just wanna ask is that true?hehehehe…
27th August 12.30am mean after 26th ler…

Is this based on Malaysian time or wat?

it’s assuring that nothing has changed… ppl still believe all they read over the net or received by emails…

hahahaha

“As large as full moon to the naked eye”

ROFLMAO !

Hoax. Heard about it last year too.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/errata/a/two-moons.htm

and i bet, we will hear of it next year too, and the year after… stupidity will not end during our lifetime, that’s for sure… :twisted:

eeemmm…

[quote=“ian”]hahahaha[/quote] Exactly my 1st thought…

Its a hoax and worse of all it came out in newspapers (Sabah Times) in year 2005…what a shame!
they apologize later…

and now it seems its a yearly hoax…yes mars do come close to earth but it wont look as big as our moon.
if it does, nasa better send a craft to land on it hehe… 8)

I thought they already did.

I thought they already did.[/quote]

actually… they sent more than a craft already…

I thought they already did.[/quote]

What i mean is, if mars was really getting close and it looks as big as our moon…nasa should take that opportunity to send a man driven craft to it.
but u all know that wont happen cause its a hoax…right now so far robots only land on mars…aiyoo…
it would take 214 days to get to mars using orbit transfer.

== all of you…kena tipu already!..== i really want to drop die right now!!! this type of things is a joke la…this type if news usually comes from the email right? it’s not true…many times like this already ==