Two calls on open burning a week during MCO — Law

MIRI: The Fire and Rescue (Zone 6) station responds to only two calls weekly on open burning since the movement control order (MCO) which came into effect on March 18,

Law Poh Kiong

The station chief Supt Law Poh Kiong said there has been a sharp decline in the number of cases involving open burning since March 18.

We received 62 calls in the period from from Jan 1 to March 17 on bushfires, but since the MCO, we only respond to two calls weekly,” he said when contacted yesterday.

On Monday, The Borneo Post received a complaint from a resident of Promin Jaya, Senadin, about an open burning by his neighbour in the residential area.

The complainant, via messenger, claimed that his asthmatic son had been suffering due to the open burning.

Law, meanwhile urged those who have seen anyone doing open burning during this time to call ‘999’ or the nearest fire station.

“Many people opt to do open burning at night to avoid detection by the authorities, hence we need the public to inform us should they come across anyone doing this activity,” he said.

The post Two calls on open burning a week during MCO — Law appeared first on Borneo Post Online.

Source: https://www.theborneopost.com/2020/04/15/two-calls-on-open-burning-a-week-during-mco-law/