Turn Off Your Lights On 28th March 2009 Earth Hour

Have you guys sign-up for switch off your lights for one hour from 8:30-9:30pm? Well I did. Over 74 countries and territories have pledged their support to VOTE EARTH during Earth Hour 2009, and this number is growing everyday.

We all have vote, and every single vote counts. Together we can take control of our future of our planet, for future generations.

VOTE EARTH by simply switching off lights for one hour, and join the world for Earth Hour,

Saturday, March 28, 2009, 8:30pm - 9:30pm

More info log on to http://www.earthhour.org.my/main.php this is courtesy of WWF (Wildlife World Foundation)

EARTH HOUR EXCEEDS TARGET FOR HISTORIC EVENT

The number of cities and towns signed up to Earth Hour 2009 exceeds target of 1,000

Global Earth Hour events heighten anticipation of historic moment

Kuala Lumpur, March 12, 2009: With over two weeks still to go before the globe switches off for Earth Hour, the number of cities and towns signing up to switch their lights off at 8.30pm on 28 March has already exceeded the ambitious target of 1,000 set by Earth Hour organisers.

Currently 1,189 cities and towns across 80 countries are committed, with more coming on board every day.

From the Chatham Islands to the Arctic Sea, people from all corners of the world will turn off their lights for Earth Hour to cast their vote for action on climate change.

The historic event will see millions of people gathered in parks, streets, town squares and homes around the world to witness the lights going out on iconic landmarks and city skylines, while taking in the atmosphere of some truly unique Earth Hour events.

In Sydney, where Earth Hour began in 2007, every ferry in the citys famous harbour will sound its horn at precisely 8.30pm to herald the beginning of Earth Hour in Australia, while in Melbourne a people-pedal-powered concert will be underway at Federation Square.

On the other side of the world, arrangements will be underway for a host of concerts and parties in cities across Europe, including a circle of percussion in Athens, where people will be given percussion instruments to play, led by a conductor, as the lights go out on the Acropolis.

In Oslos city centre, members of the public will take up the challenge of peddle-powered light bulbs, while residents in the city of Lisbon will sit down to an evening of outdoor candle-lit dining as they watch their city skyline go dark.

Earth Hour Executive Director, Mr Andy Ridley, says Earth Hour is more than just a call to action on climate change.

Earth Hour is an opportunity for the global community to speak in one voice on the issue of climate change, while at the same time coming together in celebration of the one thing every single person on the planet has in common the planet, he said.

With participation levels now exceeding all expectations, and with more cities and towns signing up every day to be a part of this historic event, the success of Earth Hour 2009 is limited only by the will of the global community to want a say in the future of their planet.

Whether its joining your community in a town square to watch the city lights go dark or hosting a lights out party in your own home, I encourage everybody across the world to be a part of this historic occasion. Turn off your lights, celebrate the planet, enjoy the moment and cast your vote for Earth, said Mr Ridley.

—ends—

Notes to editors:

B-roll and Earth Hour still images can be found at http://www.earthhour.org/mediacentre

Please refer to backgrounder for a full list of cities and icons already committed to Earth Hour 2009

For more information please contact:

Abinesh Raj Suan Tan

Senior Exec,Corp Relations Marketing Communications Manager

T: +603 78033772 T: +603 78033772

E: araj@wwf.org.my E : [url=stan@wwf.org.my]stan@wwf.org.my

About Earth Hour

Earth Hour is a global WWF climate change initiative. Individuals, businesses, governments and communities are invited to turn out their lights for one hour on Saturday March 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM to show their support for action on climate change. The event began in Sydney in 2007, when 2 million people switched off their lights. In 2008, more than 50 million people around the globe participated. In 2009, Earth Hour aims to reach out to 1 billion people in 1,000 cities.

About WWF

WWF is one of the worlds largest and most respected independent conservation organizations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries. WWFs mission is to stop the degradation of the earths natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the worlds biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.

http://www.earthhour.org/mediacentre/my … 2302287630

wow helping to save our planet earth?

eh, brather, u think u r superman ar???

in other word saving our nature from harm. most of wild animals out there have lost their home, pollutions might kills a lot of aquaculture livings and etc. It is time for us to give a support and of coarse we do not want to see a virtual animals or just a cyber pet in future.

just turn off the light, then can save so many animal??? wasei…
then we will never have a bright day witout light lo… cham…

it’s not trying to be hero here … do you think the whole world trying to be a superman? nah … totally not … at least we can prevent global warming getting drastic … I called it as Save Our Nature. We can’t save the earth cuz one day akan kiamat dunia nie … appreciate our nature … it’s global warming stuff … it’s electricity stuff … a sun of coarse can bright the day …

r u tanam sayur punya???
how old r u??

i think i support this thing… who knows this might save earth for a few hundreds of years? imagine in one hour how much pollution we put to stop??.. this will reduce global warming if the whole world is doing it… lol…

Here’s the Earth Poem

Earth Hour

Earth’s life wont last that long,
When global warming drains them all,
It used to be a great clean place,
But now its just a place for haze.

Rubish and trash are everywhere,
Many people dont seem to care,
Seeing this as it breaks my heart,
Why wont people just pick it up.

Many lights and air polution,
Alot of different deadly solutions,
Causing problems like acid rain,
It just makes me go insane.

Walking home everyday from school,
If it rains, im soon in the blues,
Knowing that if i walked in the rain,
I would be sick all the way.

Catastrophies and disasters,
Slowly increasing in numbers,
Sooner or later i may not complain,
Malaysia might even have hurricanes.

Skin cancer,Asthma and not forgeting S.A.R.S,
Are now starting to spread,
These diseases are deadly,
And are killing more people towards the end.

Im crying out to everyone,
Help us in Earth Hour,
So please give us a hand to lend,
To stop the beginning of the end.

The young believer Aina

Thank You for your inspiring poem Aina and everyone has a part to play irrespective of age,gender or race!

deleted!!!**********

[quote=“gu_yong55”]but this imposible keep happen forever mar…
we cannot turn off our light forever…
witout light, we cant see anything…
witout light, we cant study,
witout light, we cant working,
witout light, we cant go toilet at night,
witout light, we cant drive at night,
witout light, polis road block cannot see,
witout light, we REALLy cant do anything
witout light, we can only SNS (Sex n Sleep)[/quote]
C’mon.If you don’t want to participate keep your lights on.
Even my laptop light,TV light,car light,cooking light,toilet light,room light would be on.
It’s just for those who are interested.

[quote=“gu_yong55”]but this imposible keep happen forever mar…

I think you just forward your message on this stuff to http://www.earthhour.org.my or [url=http://www.wwf.org.my]http://www.wwf.org.my that is much better. This campaign no one force to whole Malaysia to support on it. It just a volunteer. thank you very much… and thank you very bargerk …

[quote=“bunyimanok”][quote=“gu_yong55”]but this imposible keep happen forever mar…
Even my laptop light,TV light,car light,cooking light,toilet light,room light would be on.
It’s just for those who are interested.[/quote]

C’mon. i dint say i dont want to participate…
i just tell what i say ok???
correct me if i m wrong lar, diaw!!!

[quote=“gu_yong55”][quote=“bunyimanok”][quote=“gu_yong55”]but this imposible keep happen forever mar…
It’s just for those who are interested.[/quote]

C’mon. i dint say i dont want to participate…
i just tell what i say ok???
correct me if i m wrong lar, diaw!!![/quote]
But you keep on telling this n that.
It’s only for those who wants to participate.Why you keep talking this n that?

seeee… not only me to complaint… few of them also… damn it

whats wrong with saving the planet?. if u dont want to help, we dont mind, we gain nothing anyway, 1 hour without light is easy if its to save the environment, dont u agree?. Just sleep for 1 hour, it aint hard. No need to poke ur noses where u arent needed.

Thats the problem , if they continue doing that and were not doing anything , were partially responsible, so why not help by turning off the lights?. save ur electricity bill also. :roll: Maintain the balance of the environment… Dont think because others are doing bad, u dont need to do good … :smiley:

turn off the main switch… its just for an hour anyway. nothing wrong in doing something right. i guess guyong is just having a bad day coz MU is losing~!!!

I against you buddy, no harms to turn off the light, its just a simple thing also want to complaint kah? http://www.forum.metalterus.com.my/images/smilies/s-instagib.gif