Traffic cops can’t summon those who show MyKad

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/1/7/nation/19933767&sec=nation

Monday January 7, 2008

Traffic cops cant summon those who show MyKad

TRAFFIC policemen cannot issue summonses to motorists who show their MyKad instead of their driving licences, Bukit Aman traffic chief Datuk Hamza Mat Taib said.

He added that he had taken his men to task several times for issuing summonses to drivers who submitted their MyKad for verification when the officers themselves were not equipped with MyKad electronic readers.

All information is available in the MyKad.

If the police officer is not equipped with a MyKad reader, then they don’t have to issue summonses to motorists (for not producing the driving licence), he told Berita Minggu.

Hamza said 60% of the 4,500 traffic police officers had been equipped with the MyKad reader so far.

He added that he had taken his men to task several times for issuing summonses to drivers who submitted their MyKad for verification when the officers themselves were not equipped with MyKad electronic readers.

So next time when u face a road block, just produce your your Mykad to the officers and see what happen… :lol: :lol:

is it for real??? hmmm must try next time… if still summon claim from who??lol

Sound gud for those who always forgot to bring licences…

But no more reason for those who had no licences and always use FORGOT as familiarity answer…

Of course it’s real… its in the news la… if kena summon or he attempt to write u a saman, then sell this person to him and make him takut…“Bukit Aman traffic chief Datuk Hamza Mat Taib

:lol: :lol:

if the fake police u meet then all ur information kena read by the fake police…

Fake police :shock: :shock: … heard in KL adalah… but Miri ada meh?

Fake police :shock: :shock: … heard in KL adalah… but Miri ada meh?[/quote]

KL caught many times liao sure they will immigrate to other place liao. who knows right ? sometime really doubt in current technology.

does this mean if i run a red light, i can juz get away by showing my mykad?.. that’s how i read the title of the news… :mrgreen:

[quote=“smallee”]

A solid “yes”.

Wow, sorta like diplomatic immunity…

[quote=“ian”][quote=“smallee”]

A solid “yes”.[/quote]

Ian… seriously… in Miri have fake police… wow… i really do hope I came across one of them one day…then i will call upon everyone here to give me a hand la… :lol:

Check out wat info are kept in MyKAD…

Does MyKad have recorded the info about Married or Single in it? as i know in Taiwan their IC have a colume of the back of IC writen their wife or husband name on it and show that they are married. :roll: