Toyota prado (2004-2005)

hello fellow members of MC.net.

i have this problem with my prado.

i think i fried the prado’s ECU.

can someone or everyone tell me

the price of the ECU?

i thank you in advance for any information fed to this thread.

err…anyone? no one? :shock:

yes, diesel…auto 'box.

i’ll bring up my thread…

ah…his prado is electronic fuel injection one… ugo to half cut shop… can get it around 500+++ depend on the seller…

i thank you for your feedback.

can you please tell me the standard

price of a brand new ECU’s price?

not that i don’t trust the used up one.

the mechanic where i sent my prado

told me the price of the ECU was 1850 (as in ringgit malaysia)

i nearly shat myself hearing that.

it has this fuel filter with a pump built in it.

and it is the ECU that i’m worried about.

fyi, the prado has not been used for quite a while.

could it be that the car cannot be left

unattended (no warm after a few days)

makes the ECU fries it self?

eh…weird.it cant be ur ECU fries leh…if u dont start ur car for sometime…i think maybe ur fuel pump or injection nozzle is dirty…try get other mechanic to see…yeah. new ECU is around that price… go to toyota service point there to ask maybe u can get around rm1500 like that… half cut ECU work fine by need to be careful with the seller coz some of them charge high include the installation… if u need to service ur fuel pump …then i would recomemed the shop beside imperial mall big road and next to bata shoe shop

thank you for the fast feedback.

fyi, i had to send my car to this workshop that

was willing to tow my car at that time…

i did suspected that it was the fuel injector, filter.

tried to start the car, the starter works fine…

but if you listen to it trying to start, you can hear that the

engine seems not to receive any fuel…the fuel seemed to be cut off…

like that ah…simple …just do bleeding of your injector line and near the fuel pump line… open the injector line and turn on the key, off and on again…i suspect that your car fuel line got air inside., and it because u dont start ur engine long time already and the fuel leak out from the line…o ya…do bleed on the fuel filter also untill u see all those bubble is coming out from ur fuel line…including the injector line.

1…bleed ur fuel line and injector…check if got bubble or not…if problem still exist then…
2… check ur fuel pump timing…
3… lastly then maybe ur ECU…

could it be weak battery?

[quote=“ycsmakky”]like that ah…simple …just do bleeding of your injector line and near the fuel pump line… open the injector line and turn on the key, off and on again…i suspect that your car fuel line got air inside., and it because u dont start ur engine long time already and the fuel leak out from the line…o ya…do bleed on the fuel filter also untill u see all those bubble is coming out from ur fuel line…including the injector line.

1…bleed ur fuel line and injector…check if got bubble or not…if problem still exist then…
2… check ur fuel pump timing…
3… lastly then maybe ur ECU…[/quote]

thank you. i’ll maybe wait for my other half to

check on the car.

no, it was not the battery problem.

i bought a new one instead.

curios what will workshop mechanic say about ur car…since most of them like to charge high and say this wrong that wrong …eat people money mar…

bboohhhoooo…2K ++ was used to pay for the

bloody ECU…and also the charge to tow my car…

i shat myself…aadddoooooo…

sure or not oh ur ECU broken…diesel car ECU durable eh o… like my friend car last time tow because battery died already . (auto diesel car),…after change new battery…car dunwan to start … workshop say his fuel pump broken, change second hand fuel pump, rm1600 from half cut… then one month later the problem happen again…lastly go to other workshop check…the problem is the fuel tank got plastic inside stuck inside…dunno how that can happen…

bboohhhoooo…ECU are suppose to last long as long you don’t temper it…wwwoooeeee… :cry:

i haven’t see the ECU myself, just wait for my other half to bring it to me…mok nangis rasa tok…uuuwwwaaaa…

maybe someone mass up your car already…ecu normally located to the battery area or some are located below the steering wheel…

no, it was not the battery problem.

i bought a new one instead.[/quote]

B4 u replace to new battery. Did u try to start ur car wif a low voltage? Sometime it will spoil some electronic parts.