To The Administrator, MR Jackson Liaw

(mohdashraf) #1

[b]Please Dont Use http://www.blockscript.com/ On MCNET Forum…
—I Barely Cant View This Site Through Mobile Using Opera Mini…—

Please Host Your Site On Better Hosting…EXABYTE HOSTING Not Good Enough…Please Host On Maybe US Server ???
—Take Time To Load—Heavy Site???(Eventhough MCNET Not Heavy)—Always Server Down—
[/b]

(Eugene91) #2

How come I can access this site using Opera Mini (on an Android)?

I think could be your ISP? You using streamyx or?

(mohdashraf) #3

[quote=“Eugene91”]How come I can access this site using Opera Mini (on an Android)?

I think could be your ISP? You using streamyx or?[/quote]

im using Digi on my phone when browse…windows phone…

(Eugene91) #4

that’s weird? u use DiGi Internet or DiGi WAP 2.0 as the APN?

(Eugene91) #5

that’s weird? u use DiGi Internet or DiGi WAP 2.0 as the APN?

(markko234) #6

It ain’t cheap to host on other servers, I guess?

(mohdashraf) #7

What is APN ??? i dont know,its auto configure,when i starting using opera mini…

(mohdashraf) #8

cheap la…like hostgator or godaddy,its cheap…even hostgator 0.01USD per month nya…

(Jackson Liaw) #9

[quote=“mohdashraf”]Please Dont Use http://www.blockscript.com/ On MCNET Forum…
—I Barely Cant View This Site Through Mobile Using Opera Mini…—
[/quote]

The sponsored BlockScript had actually saved me and the mods half of the moderating headache in dealing with spambots, proxy servers (frequented by our trolls), and uninvited countries that used to bombard the forum for various reasons. Basically it serves as a secondary firewall in the web application level to supplement the main one used on the server level. Part of the feature of BlockScript has is to block proxies used by Opera Mini - but it is not enabled on my end. Kindly PM me your IP address when using Opera Mini for further investigation, just direct your browser to http://www.whatismyip.com to get your proxy IP address when encounter the blockscript page.

[quote=“mohdashraf”]Please Host Your Site On Better Hosting…EXABYTE HOSTING Not Good Enough…Please Host On Maybe US Server ???
—Take Time To Load—Heavy Site???(Eventhough MCNET Not Heavy)—Always Server Down—
[/quote]

Hosting servers in US may be cheaper, but as usual our main international backbone is where the bottleneck is - and not to mention the difference in timezone for support. Apart from supporting our local web hosts, most of our forumers are in Malaysia - so it makes sense to have the server closer to home after considering the pros & cons. Of course this decision does not stop there as improvements are gradually being made from feedback such as yours.

(mohdashraf) #10

Got it…Doesnt have IP check ??? To reduce multiple ID that is always trolling around ??? Doesnt have “Banned” feature ???

[b]Eventhough using Local Hosting,but its a very bad hosting…I just feel it not making sense if a great forum just hosted by local hosting that is lacking of services…

Just wanna ask,how many time already your server down ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/b]

(whatman) #11

Got it…Doesnt have IP check ??? To reduce multiple ID that is always trolling around ??? Doesnt have “Banned” feature ???

[b]Eventhough using Local Hosting,but its a very bad hosting…I just feel it not making sense if a great forum just hosted by local hosting that is lacking of services…

Just wanna ask,how many time already your server down ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/b][/quote]

But then what happens if our international link is down?

(mohdashraf) #12

normally international hosting will not down as they have a promises that their server is uptime 100%…

(Jackson Liaw) #13

While I try to understand your struggle to articulate your thoughts, I take it that you are asking about blockscript? Just go to http://www.blockscript.com to find out. If you are referring to PHPBB with automated checks to determine whether they are the same individual on the same IP using multiple accounts (let’s put routers aside) even before they post, the system itself must be way smarter than whatever they have implemented in facebook/twitter and our mods must be a qualified mind reader as well to ban them when they register unannounced.

[quote=“mohdashraf”][b]Eventhough using Local Hosting,but its a very bad hosting…I just feel it not making sense if a great forum just hosted by local hosting that is lacking of services…

Just wanna ask,how many time already your server down ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/b][/quote]
I don’t know - you’re the one making the claim. Regardless, server down-time is inevitable unless one spends a lot of time maintaining a server to keep everything running smooth. Maintaining a server is one thing, maintaining a forum is another, and answering questions like yours is a whole other thing.

(whatman) #14

[quote=“mohdashraf”][quote=“whatman”]
[/quote]

normally international hosting will not down as they have a promises that their server is uptime 100%…[/quote]

Nonsense. I’ve been to many international forums and those also suffer downtime from time to time, especially when there are hot topics.

(mohdashraf) #15

[quote=“whatman”][quote=“mohdashraf”][quote=“whatman”]
[/quote]

normally international hosting will not down as they have a promises that their server is uptime 100%…[/quote]

Nonsense. I’ve been to many international forums and those also suffer downtime from time to time, especially when there are hot topics.[/quote]

forum is domain,hosting is hosting…u must know the different when the site down or whatsoever…

(whatman) #16

[quote=“mohdashraf”][quote=“whatman”][quote=“mohdashraf”][quote=“whatman”]
[/quote]

Nonsense. I’ve been to many international forums and those also suffer downtime from time to time, especially when there are hot topics.[/quote]

forum is domain,hosting is hosting…u must know the different when the site down or whatsoever…[/quote]

Of course I know. FYI I’ve seen similar error occurs from US forum site much like this one.

(orlando) #17

Just enjoy the forum & tks to Mr Jack for creating such a wonderful site for all of us chit chat & knowing each other.

(winwin) #18

That’s right! Many members/readers benefit a lot from MCnet and we all should thank Jack,
not forgetting the moderators, for his ambition in creating this website where we (esp. Mirians)
can all meet to share ideas and laughters (let alone the arguments and teases, hehehe).
Keep the flag flying, Jack! :smiley:

(dornz) #19

owh.now i know who create mc.net. thanks!! :slight_smile:

(Angrybirds) #20

nice job Mr Jackson, so nice website here!