TIPS | To Get Work In Offshore

OFFSHORE JOB in its heydey right now, lot of people snactch away about this job opportunity. So, many have tried to apply for jobs in the industry
By request from most of this blog readers, here i wanna to sharing with you all a little tips to get work in OFFSHORE INDUSTRY

1. Find info on the web somewhere or the ‘Moderate’. As we know, many people will visit Jobstreet and to ‘search’ job is in the market. Some people do not know there are many other websites that also offer longer work as Jobs.db, Jobseekers, and so on. So you can still place look at paper such like The Star, NST every Saturday. Over there is spaces have a job offer in ‘offshore’. Alternatively, just type ‘list of OIL and GAS company in Malaysia’ in Googles, Yahoo and so on. Sometimes there is some company, have their own web site. Most of what I see, must have a section ‘career’. So, you can apply there.

2. Works like a Detective. We always send our resume to rage without review to whom we send, we will resume in person to the right and bla bla. Find exactly address OIL and GAS company. We look at where the staff normally eat? Make friends with them. Survey who actually do the results in the recruit. You can also ‘pass’ your contact anyone who can recommend you. So, a lot of ways you can try. If you want more easily, you’ve friends who work in OIL and GAS recommend state.

3. Ensure prepare appropriate document / certificates related. ‘OFFSHORE’ oil rig is under the Act and maritime law. Make sure you have basic or basic on my things. There are some certificate or passport is required for you to keep track of foot platform where you rely rig jobs.Some also need you to have an Offshore Survival Certificate and probably a Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) Certificate along with it. If we want to be Welder, Welder skill certificate must be at least 6G or higher. People were afraid to see the certificate. The most important of all, we must be clear what our position tree. Do not put "any related posts or the like. Later you can work clean new toilets he…he . Working in the ‘OFFSHORE’ is not necessarily dependent on qualifications, age and so forth. It things like how we want to survive in the jungle. Everything depends on how quickly still place, how quickly can you short-circuit the usual job hunting and recruitment process? That is how quickly you will get yourself on board an oil rig.
    Good luck.

SOURCE FROM:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/chrisrossell/offshore-1.gif

makesure ur BMI is good

Yes exactly

:arrow:
http://www.instantbannercreator.com/images/members/53974/banner-1276685254.png

Oil & Gas industry Vacancy

Please find the position available below, for our upcoming projects we are looking for:

1. Project Manager
  2. Work pack team leader
  3. Operation team leader
  4. Construction superintendent
  5. QA/QC Engineer
  6. HSE Engineer
  7. Mechanical/piping
  8. Discipline engineers.

Minimum 3-5 years experience in oil /gas industry.

HR Dept, 3rd Floor,
Petra Resources Sdn Bhd
Lot 1310-1312, Waterfront Commercial
Centre, 98000 Miri, Sarawak.
T: 6085-438809 (Extn 137)
F: 6085-427149

SOURE FROM: http://ruaikitai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6092

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/chrisrossell/banner-1276685254.gif

is there any vacancy for fresh graduate (degree holder-civil engineering)?

[quote=“chrisrossell”]Oil & Gas industry Vacancy

Please find the position available below, for our upcoming projects we are looking for:

1. Project Manager
  2. Work pack team leader
  3. Operation team leader
  4. Construction superintendent
  5. QA/QC Engineer
  6. HSE Engineer
  7. Mechanical/piping
  8. Discipline engineers.

Minimum 3-5 years experience in oil /gas industry.

HR Dept, 3rd Floor,
Petra Resources Sdn Bhd

SOURE FROM: http://ruaikitai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6092

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/chrisrossell/banner-1276685254.gif[/quote]

I’m graduated from Diploma in Mechanical Engineering wtih years of working experience. But do not have working experience in oil & gas industry. I am currently involve in mechanical/piping and QA/QC Engineer. Can I apply for the job?

I’m graduated from Diploma in Mechanical Engineering wtih years of working experience. But do not have working experience in oil & gas industry. I am currently involve in mechanical/piping and QA/QC Engineer. Can I apply for the job?

I’m so sorry to answer the above question
I just help my friend to advertise this opportunity
but my advice here you just fell free to submit your resume or
directly contact :

HR Dept, 3rd Floor,
Petra Resources Sdn Bhd

thanks…

[quote=“chrisrossell”]

I’m so sorry to answer the above question
I just help my friend to advertise this opportunity
but my advice here you just fell free to submit your resume or
directly contact :

HR Dept, 3rd Floor,
Petra Resources Sdn Bhd
F: 6085-427149[/quote]

Thanks…By de way, do you hv any email contact, as we are encourage to practice environmental friendly now…:slight_smile:

U can contact me by clicking HERE

U can contact me by clicking HERE[/quote]

REsume sent to ur gmail. TQ

I will spare the experiences incurred by fresh graduates in trying to find a job offshore… without that experiences you’ll not learn. Good luck!

any vacancies for electricians? no experience. i have all my medical, sea survival and seaman passport. pls pm me.

Latest Update from Introducing About Offshore content

Hi..all
Indtroducing About Offshore need apologize from you all my readers
because long time no update content for this blog,Because the admin is was in Offshore right now.
During this articel writing, the admin is on OPL anchorage, Between Singapore and Johor Bahru
So..Today Introducing About Offshore wan to present to you all about List of Offshore Company available in Miri.
This maybe very useful for you guys who's looking for Job in offshore Industry right now.

[size=150]READ MORE[/size]

Getting offshore job for new graduate is as simple as getting other job if you know the tips. I will share my experience how to face the process with you. Interviews process is the second step in getting offshore jobs where you will meet the potential employers after the first step that an applicant has successfully completed sending the application and passed the screening process of the company.

The offshore companies usually get the resumes of the candidates by several of sources such as news paper advertisement, campus fair, a referral from your senior or lecturer, or by a person who simply submitted an application by logging on the company website.

Here are tips that will help in having a successful offshore jobs interview for new graduate;

• Please remember when you are taking the phone call or any invitation method, please do not forget to get the company name, business involve, contact person, email address, and phone number.
  • Some days before meeting the interviewer, it is strongly recommended to do some research about the company.
  • You have to prepare for general question that usually being asked in the meeting such as: What is your strength point and weakness point, why you want to join this offshore company, how long you will be stay with the company, salary expectation, etc.
  • Try to practice with friends or families member to mock up questions that the employer will likely ask so you do not choke during the real time.
  • You have to arrive 10 to 15 minutes ahead of time to give you enough time to relax and to show to the employers that you are a punctual guy, as you know that offshore jobs needs punctual time and downtime for some minutes will cause the company loosing thousands of dollars.
  • Bring an extra copy of the resume and other documents that are needed, some time it will be useful for you.
  • Dress appropriately. This shows the employer sincerity on the part of the applicant applying for the job. The outfit worn should be professional.
  • Remove your jewelry and tone it down for the interview. Offshore safety regulation is very stringent; wearing jewelry may cause a hazard for you if you are in the offshore job site. The interviewer may give you minus value if you are wearing it.
  • Smile and greet the interviewer with a firm (but not bone crushing) hand shake .
  • In the session of interview, listen very well to the questions asked. Each must be answered truthfully and confidently to be able to sell yourself to the potential employer.
  • If the interviewer gives you time for asking something that not clear, use the time as necessary, ask important thing that you need to know.
  • Before the session being ended, ask politely if for interviewers contact detail. You will need it for sending thanks letter.
  • Do not forget to thank to the recruiter for the time that was given to meet him and interview time.
  • Once you get home, prepare a thank letter and send it as soon as possible.

You can improve your performance once you have face some offshore jobs interviews. :arrow:
[size=150]Read More[/size]

Source: http://christie-salin.blogspot.com