Timing Belt and whr to do installation?

Hi all kaki kereta,

I need help over my dad wira.He havent replace the timing belt from the day he bought it until the mileage is 111827KM…Thats overdue too much actually.
Anybody can recomend me any workshop that reliable to change and worth for money…?Just now i ask the timing kit itself (for 100000km) cost RM135 and another RM70 for the gaji to install…is it ok…?or to expensive?I use to change my saga timing belt kit plus installation only RM130 for 100000KM…but thats KL price la…dunno here…pls pls…help help.Thanks :smiley:

Replace it already.Cost quite reasonable.Timing belt set-RM92 ori proton bought in tiong hee krokop,Installation RM80,Workshop in Krokop.

where? where? 1 shop at senadin there i ask how much to change my timing bell they said rm300!! i dun knw its reasonable cost or not but my friend’s kelisa when im in melaka dun cost that much…my car is a ‘fish’ actually…hehehe

usually if the timing belt kit siap gaji west malaysia last time i do my saga is rm130…dunno kelisa la…but i dont think more than rm200 la…
I think they charge depend on car…RM300 including installation and the kit?u go beli the timing kit at tiong hee and pasang it somewhere la…

Umm … u know any mechanics does fan belt? I drive a Vios and my fan belt sound like a bird when its cold. I dont mind paying a little more but the mechanic must come to my work place to do it along with the parts. How much I am looking at?

i think ur fan belt longgar eh…just adjust only la i think…go to any workshop ask them to tighten it…

My car travelled more than 100,000 km liao.

its RM300 if include timing belt, bearing, 2xoil seal, water pump, belting.

tiong hee rm92 ori proton?not bad…my wira left 7000km to change it.thanks for sharing price info.but i wolud like to ask from lian hup 1st for the mitsubishi brand one.how bout the pully and so on?

its RM300 if include timing belt, bearing, 2xoil seal, water pump, belting.[/quote]

i dun knw if they include others but wat they said to me “itu timing belt siap gaji buat semua kira rm300 hoh”…

wah!so expensive??look for other workshop and buy ur own sparepart la…timing belt kit should include belt,bearing and oil seal.

its RM300 if include timing belt, bearing, 2xoil seal, water pump, belting.[/quote]

i dun knw if they include others but wat they said to me “itu timing belt siap gaji buat semua kira rm300 hoh”…[/quote]

water pump need to change meh?

[quote=“markenjah”]wah!so expensive??look for other workshop and buy ur own sparepart la…timing belt kit should include belt,bearing and oil seal.

which mean after buying the parts, diy la???

if u only know how to do la…better u go soon fong ka,mana mana workshop la…gaji around pasang RM70-80 like that

i didn’t change timing belt but actually took everything apart to change fan, alternator & compressor belt plus my water pump … belt … RM30 a piece and water pump B$60 a piece, RM100 for extra tools, nuts and bolts change out, gasket sealant and sockets … 2 days … home garage … probably save RM1000 on workmanship …

huhu…got Skyline like your’s confirm expensive over the maintainance…no doubt about that…

i realize that workshop in miri have a very bad habit of mark ups … so decided long time ago to get my own hands dirty. = )

but nice la…u do ur own…if like me,i know how to take out,but later if want to assemble balik,confirm got balance screw…heheh

mostly i buy my own parts… at least we know the item is original!!!

my car change timing belt for every 95000km, deduce the 5000km cause the engine is run when your car is park or stop there!
timing belt full set with seal, water pump, spark plug, plug cable, automatic gearbox filter with original mit sq-3, brake fluid, radiator coolant, wiper, front rear absorber, brake pad (front), fuel filter!!! cost me workmanship RM350 ( about those parts… about RM3k!)

wah lau…u change a lot le…no wonder expensive…buy nvmind la…car always like this one…the older,the more parts u need to replace…and more $ spend…