Tight security at RWMF 2007

Source: http://www.easterntimes.com.my/index.php?news_id=1&news_content=2876

Tight security at RWMF 2007
By Andrea Tan

SANTUBONG: The security team at the Rainforest World Music Festival (RWMF) this year includes nine security patrol dogs including a drug detection dog provided by a Miri-based company M-Guardians which was responsible for the security during the festival last year.

“The drug detection dog was trained in the U.S. by one of our trainers,” said Leo Pui of M-Guardians.

Pui said this was the only dog they had that was specially trained for the purpose.
“We have a litter of eight puppies in Miri at the moment and we plan to train them as drug detection dogs in the future.”

Apart from the nine canines, the M-Guardians security team also includes 52 personnel.
Despite the tight security measures, including the use of metal detectors at the main entrance, there were still some people who managed to sneak into SCV for the festival without admission tickets.

On the first day, Pui disclosed that they detected over 10 people who intruded without wristbands but no major incidents happened during the first night.

RWMF, which started on July 13 at Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV), is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and over 17,000 music enthusiasts are expected to attend the three-day event, especially the nightly concert.

A total of 19 groups from 17 countries are taking part in this year’s RWMF.

The festival ends tonight with a concert featuring Anak Adi’ Rurum (Sarawak), Hussein Arman (Afghanistan), Hanitra Rasaoanaivo (Madagascar), Khac Chi (Vietnam), Tammorra (Italy), Inka Marka (South America), Huun Huur Tu (Tuva), Aseanna Percussion Unit (Malaysia), Doghouse Skiffle Group (UK) and Shannon (Poland).

Congratulations to NightWatch for M-Guardian’s successful operation in this year’s RWMF. :smiley:

Wooo! Congratulations, NightWatch!

Congratulations to Nightwatch and team.

eh…means congratulation to me too?? hehehe…wonder what is nightwatch doing now…back to miri liaw but still no see batang hidung at this forum…

Thank you to you all … Jack, Ian & Nightwing, we hope we could continue to provide higher level of security measurement for these alike international event :slight_smile:

To those who missed the event, it is kind of sad … you gotta be there to experience the “excitment” … word just couldnt express :wink:

[quote=“isoundstream”]eh…means congratulation to me too?? hehehe…wonder what is nightwatch doing now…back to miri liaw but still no see batang hidung at this forum…[/quote]Oh yes, thanks to you too for been in the team isoundstream :wink:

Got back to Miri on July 18, 2007 with heavy cold and flu, only feeling better and can jump up and down this evening … and here you are … the batang hidung 8)

hahaha…i had a bad fever and flu too when i reached miri…mana tidak, not enough rest…anyway…it’s a good and great experience…

Congrats to isoundstream for making the trip with Nightwatch and team…for making the company and Miri proud…cheers.

[quote=“isoundstream”]hahaha…i had a bad fever and flu too when i reached miri…mana tidak, not enough rest…anyway…it’s a good and great experience…[/quote]Great you enjoys that :wink: !!!

[quote=“nightwing”]Congrats to isoundstream for making the trip with Nightwatch and team…for making the company and Miri proud…cheers.[/quote]Nightwing, you should go and check yourself up next year … it really fun 8)

Thank you once again for your kind words!

hehe…next year higher pay k nightwatch… :stuck_out_tongue: i’ll bring in more ppl for u…

btw nightwatch, is the photo ready? i mean the group photo of the MGK9 team at rainforest…

Finally, something that make miri proud…

Well done to nightwatch and his gang. not to forget all the doggy…woof woof…(“well done” in their language… :lol: )

aiyoo…so long liaw lor this nightwatch make miri proud actually…just that now baru got ppl publish… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“isoundstream”]hehe…next year higher pay k nightwatch… :stuck_out_tongue: i’ll bring in more ppl for u…[/quote]Friend, sometime … we human-being gotta learn to be satisfy with what we have and being offer at times :wink: If only you know how much STB is paying us … you will not make this statement over a public forum!!! For your information, STB is a non-profit organisation, they are to promote Sarawak, go figure!!!

[quote=“isoundstream”]btw nightwatch, is the photo ready? i mean the group photo of the MGK9 team at rainforest…[/quote]Still waiting for friend to solve out and channel to me!!! Stay cool! Below is one to share!

[quote=“QueBlur”]Finally, something that make miri proud… Well done to nightwatch and his gang. not to forget all the doggy…woof woof…(“well done” in their language… :lol: )[/quote]Thank You QueBlur … Yes, everyone in the team including the dogs derserved the credit!!!

Overheard from an “un-officical” comment from a senior officer of Malaysia Tourism Board, they are surprise to witness our performance when compared to most in West Malaysia … something to figure out :wink: :oops: 8)

[quote=“isoundstream”]aiyoo…so long liaw lor this nightwatch make miri proud actually…just that now baru got ppl publish… :P[/quote]Thank you for your kind word :smiley:

wah…big bos marah sudah ask for higher pay… :stuck_out_tongue:

btw… thanks for the photo…baru ingat that robin got take a lot of the photo using his digi cam…last ask from him…