Three flyover project in Miri?

where is it???

The other flyover project is located in front of the fish market intersection :lol:

Gee, we’re getting THREE! I like flyovers but the second one gives me the creeps! It’s built almost on a pagan cemetery & it’s winding like the Rejang River! Loose control of your vehicle & smash against the thin railings … Viola! You’ll be in the cemetery, literally!!! :evil: :cry: :evil:

Let’s hope the third one doesn’t give me a nightmare! :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock: are we getting the third one… wow… why don’t they spend the money to upgrade the 2 lane highway in pujut into 3 or 4 lanes instead of building more flyover…

I guess TPK need more return for all the scalffold he bought for this project… :wink:

Frankly, Smallee, I am disappointed with the lack of some important infrastructure projects in Miri. Just look at the two shabby dirty bus terminals at Pujut Corner and behind Park Hotel… I was so disgusted this morning when I was taking a stroll along the bus sheds in a light drizzle. Big puddles of water were everywhere and there was a long cracked pavement with pockets of water here and there… The place reminded me of mini war zone.

I was in Bintulu, Sarikei and Sibu recently. Just believe what you could see when the buses stopped in their stations! They were huge with easy access to food in stores and coffeehouses.

When i came back to Miri, I was still shalking my head in disbelief! I even overheard the negative comments made by 2 female foreign travelers coming from Kuching. How ashamed I was with what this city-Miri -has for bus travelers in contrast to those three locations! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

this is Malaysia Boleh Land. :slight_smile:

Is it :?: Do we need one over there :?: :roll:

Is it :?: Do we need one over there :?: :roll:[/quote]

:lol: Do we?

[quote=“coolman_wrx”]this is Malaysia Boleh Land. :)[/quote]no this is miri :lol:

You mean the one directly in front of the the Tua Pek Kong temple? It’s a flyover if you drive fast enough…

[quote=“Cupid”]Frankly, Smallee, I am disappointed with the lack of some important infrastructure projects in Miri. Just look at the two shabby dirty bus terminals at Pujut Corner and behind Park Hotel… I was so disgusted this morning when I was taking a stroll along the bus sheds in a light drizzle. Big puddles of water were everywhere and there was a long cracked pavement with pockets of water here and there… The place reminded me of mini war zone.

I was in Bintulu, Sarikei and Sibu recently. Just believe what you could see when the buses stopped in their stations! They were huge with easy access to food in stores and coffeehouses.

When i came back to Miri, I was still shalking my head in disbelief! I even overheard the negative comments made by 2 female foreign travelers coming from Kuching. How ashamed I was with what this city-Miri -has for bus travelers in contrast to those three locations! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

Dittttttto

flyover near the fishmarket??? so strange?

I have to say TPK is doing a good job with the other 2, bringing in the Thais was a good idea

I was only being sarcastic about the flyover in front of the fish market okay ?
Ho ho ho …

Guys check this out … :twisted: :twisted:

RM28.3 million collected from ratepayers in Sarawak

By George Francis

Miri City Mayor Datuk Wee Han Wen. - George Francis
MIRI - A total of RM28.3 million in assessment have been collected from ratepayers here so far this year, according to the Miri city mayor Datuk Wee Han Wen.

"The yield represents 93.3 per cent of the annual collection this year, and another RM2.23 million recovered from outstanding assessment rates owed by various property owners, " he said at the final 2007 council meeting.

The city car park control division had managed to increase its parking fees collection to RM3.8 million as at the end of November, compared to RM3.5 million garnered in the same period last year. Among the notable carried out this year, the building of RM2.5 million bus terminal building and associated works at Tudan, he said. The terminal, apart for new Permyjaya township commuters is mainly for north-bound buses to Limbang, Lawas and Sabah via Brunei Darussalam.

For next year, RM2.28 million have been allocated for the construction of multipurpose sport courts, either for sepak takraw, basketball, netball and futsal in 12 housing areas.

On eateries here, a special cleanliness monitoring task force has recommended on various improvement to such premises. “This resulted in slight increase of food outlets obtaining “A” grading”, the mayor added.

From 213 premises inspected by the council, only 24 fit for Grade A certification, 177 “B” and 12 “C” which required further improvement to be made by the operators in mostly the older commercial centres.

I normally travel around to different places by plane and that particular trip by bus or coach was an exception. Nevertheless, it was an eye-opener. I’m glad I got to video tape the trip.

I guess Mirians can’t have a delicious pie and then ask for the whole bakery.

Flyover at fish market is to allow more hawkers?

KL’s main central bus station (nr to HSBC) is surely an eye-opener?!
An underground terminal where it’s nigh on impossible to breathe,
thru d exhaust emissions of about 20/30 coaches, all sat w their aircons on…

Gud to hear nearby the fish market get the flyover soon seem like the situation always critical while at the morning…

ERm, quote:

[quote=“bonbon”]I was only being sarcastic about the flyover in front of the fish market okay ?
Ho ho ho …[/quote]

end quote.

if nt mistaken, our current fish market will actually restructure into a more organized one…
but somehow, the 3rd fly over if happen to be there… it would be strange, as fly over are high, and the shops there are just 2-3 storey, and the roads are very small, don’t think it works ley…

Where actually the news come from??

[quote=“Goolooloo”]if nt mistaken, our current fish market will actually restructure into a more organized one…
but somehow, the 3rd fly over if happen to be there… it would be strange, as fly over are high, and the shops there are just 2-3 storey, and the roads are very small, don’t think it works ley…

Where actually the news come from??[/quote]

ERm, re-quote:

[quote=“bonbon”]I was only being sarcastic about the flyover in front of the fish market okay ?
Ho ho ho …[/quote]

re-end quote.