Those without a place can file appeal at website

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/6/20/nation/14589044&sec=nation

Tuesday June 20, 2006

Those without a place can file appeal at website

PUTRAJAYA: Students who failed to get a place in public universities can appeal via the Higher Education Ministry’s website at www.mohe.gov.my[/ur].

Appeals must be made before June 30. Students have to provide their identity card number and submit two alternative courses of study when submitting their appeals.

If they fail to hear from any of the universities three weeks after the registration of new students into public universities on July 2, it means their appeals have been rejected.

Higher Education Management Department director-general Prof Datuk Dr Hassan Said said the outcome of the appeal depended on the number of places available in specific courses at the universities.

Only students who failed to get a place at any university should appeal via the website, he said yesterday.

Those offered places but want another university should appeal directly to that university.

Students can call UPU Infoline at 600-83-7890, Tele-UPU Celcom at 600-85-2201, Hotline at 03-8883 5858 or Helpline at 03-8883 5848.

This title, "Those without a place can file appeal at website " confuses me… hehe… I really thought it was “Those without a place (a home to stay) can file appeal at website…” LOL :lol: