This is why Europe is increasingly falling behind Asia

Danny Creamer, 21, and Gina Allan, 18, spend each day watching their 47-inch flatscreen TV and smoking 40 cigarettes in their comfy two-bedroom flat. Their lifestyle is all funded by the taxpayers, yet the couple say they deserve sympathy because they are trapped.

As someone who are unemployed, the two receive their 1,473-a-month unemployment benefits. They claim they are entitled to the generous handouts because their hard-working parents have been paying tax for years. The couple, who have a four-month-old daughter, Tullulah-Rose, say they cant go out to work because they will get less money.

The pair left school with no qualifications, and say there is no point looking for jobs because they will never be able to earn as much as they get in handouts. We could easily get a job but why would we want to work - we would be worse off, Gina said.

Dannys father, 46, even offered him a job with his bowling alley servicing company, but could not pay him enough. Dannys mum, 45, works as a carer, while Ginas mum, 46, is a teacher and her dad, 53, is a manager with a security company. Yet their parents work ethic has not been passed on to them. Instead, they claim they are entitled to benefits because of their parents tax contributions - and even complain they should be given more.

It is not worth to work as we will get less money

Gina, flaunting fake tan and perfectly manicured nails, said: I dont see that were living off the taxpayers, were entitled to the money our parents paid all their lives. Theyve worked so hard since they left school and Im sure theyd rather it went to us than see us struggle. They pay a lot of tax, and although theyd rather we werent in this situation and one of us had a job, they understand why we are where we are. We cant help it, were stuck like it.

Danny, who quit his job as a supermarket shelf-stacker after eight months, admitted: I could easily go and work for my dad. Hes got a job for me, but could only afford to pay for my travel and accommodation because Id be going around the country. After that he wouldnt be able to afford to pay me a wage, so Id be worse off.

The same would happen if I was to work somewhere like a supermarket. If I was earning less than 26,000 a year, there wouldnt be any point. Id be no better off. Who in their right mind would do that? Danny added.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00288/90920266_Tax_288928c.jpg
Parents pay taxes for the last 30 years, so the government should feed us now

Gina agreed: The only way wed ever be better off is by both working. But then childcare would probably be one of our wages gone, and put us back in a more difficult position. We dont feel ashamed for being on benefits. Neither of us have the slightest bit of guilt towards the taxpayers as both of our parents have been paying into the tax system for the last 30 years.

So we are just getting back our parents huge contributions. My dad earns 65,000 a year so he has paid more than his fair share of tax, so I dont see what the problem is. The fault lies with the system, not us. Theres just no incentive to find work when weve got a better lifestyle than if we were to go out and work for 35-40 hours every week. Why would we give this up?

The couple, who live in Hants, a county on the southern coast of England, receive 340 a week, made up of 150 housing benefit, 60 child tax credit, 20 child benefit and 110 in Job Seekers Allowance. They pay just 25 towards their spacious 625-a-month home. Their lounge is dominated by the huge TV and a leather sofa. A laptop and Tullulah-Roses toys are scattered around the room.

Once the ‘workshop of the world’, Britain is now a second-tier economic power

The couples monthly expenses are 240 on food, 40 phone bill for their shared Nokia and an 80 payment towards their TV. They spend the same on tobacco as they do on their daughters milk and nappies. The pair, who want another child, say they would need to earn at least 2,200 a month before tax to make working worth their while.

We would work, but its just not worth our while because without qualifications well only earn about 14,000 a year. Thats a lot less than what we get now. We need more money so we can maintain the way we live now but have a few extras, like holidays.

"People dont understand, were actually stuck on benefits. In fact, we feel trapped. Danny and Gina thought about going to college, but could not decide which course to take. Gina said: We have discussed getting more qualifications but just thought theres no point when we dont know what we want to do in the future. We wouldnt know where to start.

Latest report reveals that the British economy risks triple-dip recession

The couple are adamant that whatever they do in future, they want to enjoy the same luxuries as now. Gina said: We spend 40 a month on clothes for Tullulah-Rose. Its important she looks nice. We like a takeaway too, Why shouldnt we? It isnt like Im some scrounging single mum trying to cash in. Its silly to think Id actually be better off financially if Danny walked out on me and my daughter than if one of us got a job.

Anyone else would do exactly the same if they were in our shoes. Its actually really hard for us. Were in a lose-lose situation here.

The news sparked debates among politicians. John Glen, MP for Salisbury and Parliamentary Private Secretary to Communities Secretary Eric Pickles, said: Hard-working, low-paid families up and down the country will be outraged to read the comments from this couple. It is just as well that the Government is taking steps to reform the welfare system and not allow people to make the choice to stay on benefits when they are capable of working. The new system will leave no room for lazy people who are capable of working and unwilling to do so.

Government absorbing all the new jobs in Britain?

The reform will be coming in later this year and the new rules will limit housing benefit and force able-bodied people to look for work, he added. Robert Oxley, a spokesman for the TaxPayers Alliance, said: Our benefits system has to change and has to reward people going to work and not subsidize people who refuse to.

Source:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … -work.html

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/373 … an-working

http://therionorteline.com/2013/01/27/s … rage-work/

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/wo … 29551.html

http://www.i4u.com/2013/01/london-fashion-week/why-work

To think the europe were once world most powerful and intelligent continent…

My Parents did pay taxes for the last 30-40 years, but the government did not feed me … I wish i at British now …

Not the first time I read something like this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … nough.html

they are living like parasites and they wont even admit it…

hence I am always against this kind of benefits… for old people and disabled ppl I understand
but for ppl who are just too lazy to work… mehhhh

Some are parasites but some really cannot find a job … this is call welfare … Malaysia is gonna towards “WELFARE STATE” which proposed by Parti Islam Semalaysia (PAS). I am really looking forward to it. Vote for PR on next GE!!! :slight_smile:

Can see this kind of ‘culture’ spreading here. All waiting for free money to drop from the sky.

Complain, eat, sleep, complain, eat, sleep and the cycle goes on. :roll:

That kind of stupid attitude about parents or them paying taxes and deserving the free money from whatever handouts or loans (like PTPTN).

I wonder where did all this come/started from :roll:

[quote=“Eugene91”][size=150]Can see this kind of ‘culture’ spreading here[/size]. All waiting for free money to drop from the sky.

Complain, eat, sleep, complain, eat, sleep and the cycle goes on. :roll:

That kind of stupid attitude about parents or them paying taxes and deserving the free money from whatever handouts or loans (like PTPTN).

I wonder where did all this come/started from :roll:[/quote]
It’s spreading fast here based on my observation. Basically more of personal gain on both sided be it the citizen or the one who rules. Never ending cycle on that too. But no matter how developed a nation is, there’s always a few scumbags ranting around.

those who cannot find job?

have your people help them find jobs, not drop money onto their laps…
doing so will only encourage more ppl to “Cannot find jobs”

doing so will only encourage more ppl to “Cannot find jobs”[/quote]

Because their qualification do not meet the minimum requirement. :slight_smile:

“”“The pair left school with no qualifications, and say there is no point looking for jobs because they will never be able to earn as much as they get in handouts”""

“”“The pair left school with no qualifications, and say there is no point looking for jobs because they will never be able to earn as much as they get in handouts”""[/quote]

[quote=“mevotex”]Dannys father, 46, even offered him a job with his bowling alley servicing company, but could not pay him enough. Dannys mum, 45, works as a carer, while Ginas mum, 46, is a teacher and her dad, 53, is a manager with a security company. Yet their parents work ethic has not been passed on to them. Instead, they claim they are entitled to benefits because of their parents tax contributions - and even complain they should be given more.
[/quote]

not that they cannot find job. they just malas to work hard.

This answer is to reply Mr DMsia question on those who cannot find job:

This statement is from the article posted:
[size=199]""“The pair left school with no qualifications, and say there is no point looking for jobs because they will never be able to earn as much as they get in handouts”""[/size]

This answer is to reply Mr DMsia question on those who cannot find job:

This statement is from the article posted:
[size=199]""“The pair left school with no qualifications, and say there is no point looking for jobs because they will never be able to earn as much as they get in handouts”""[/size][/quote]

Plenty of people out there with no qualifications still get jobs…

this WILL NEVER BE a valid reason to just sit around waiting for your country to pamper you…
you will only hurt the country this way

and my point is, this handouts will only encourage “People NOT TO WORK” even though they have working hands and feet…

Simple.

These people LAZY TO WORK!

[quote=“soundsyst64”]Simple.

These people LAZY TO WORK![/quote]

yes, thats a simpler way of saying it…

Politics of everything free, no need to work. Welfare for all. Don’t know where and how the money will be generated when everyone is not working.

and you can’t make something out of nothing…

and you can’t make something out of nothing…[/quote]
nods nods :roll:

I think Malaysia also has been affecting ppl with this kind of similar mindset.
RM 500, RM 250, and the non-employment to be supported for 6 months, RM 200 rebate?

Its a good thing i’m not eligible for it.

[quote=“gameaddict”]I think Malaysia also has been affecting ppl with this kind of similar mindset.
RM 500, RM 250, and the non-employment to be supported for 6 months, RM 200 rebate?

Its a good thing i’m not eligible for it.[/quote]

ours is one year one time…

the one in this post is monthly if not wrong, huge difference…
and imagine if more and more young people starts thinking like this parasite couple…
who going to work and pay tax?

what will happen the the country money reserve?