unlocked our car

over a cell phone!"*

III
Hidden Battery power

Imagine your cell battery is very low, you are
expecting an important
call

and you don’t have a charger.
Nokia instrument comes with a reserve battery.
To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will
restart with

this reserve and the instrument will show a 50%
increase in battery.

This reserve will get charged when you charge your
cell next time.

AND

IV

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone’s serial number, key
in the following digits
on

your phone:

• 0 6

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This
number is unique to
your

handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere
safe. when your phone gets

stolen, you can phone your service provider and
give them this code.
They

will then be able to block your handset so even if
the thief changes
the

SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won’t get your phone back, but at
least you know that
whoever

stole it can’t use/sell it either.

If everybody does this, there would be no point in
people stealing
mobile
phones.

Please spread this useful information around

[quote=“ahvian”]There are a few things that can be done in times of
grave emergencies.

*III
Hidden Battery power

expecting an important
call

restart with

increase in battery.

cell next time.

[/quote]

wat abt other cell phone? does tis just apply to NOkia only?

haha, i remember this from another miri forum, lol…btw, theres something you should know about some of those details…hang on. lemme find it…

this is just to enlighten some of you…and I’m not 100% sure this is true but no harm in sharing, right?

the “Hidden Battery Power” is not actually a reserve battery but more of a way to weaken the signal strength of the mobile phone so when you activate it with your mobile phone, the signal strength and audio quality will deteriorate but it’ll be worth it if ur waiting for an important call…by the way, theres a mistake in the post, pressing *3370# will activate the EFR (Enhanced Full Rate) which improves call quality but decreases battery life by only about 5%. To deactivate it, press #3370#

I’m not too confident about the “How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone” in Malaysia becasue prepaid cards won’t have ur records in the service provider’s database. This means that I can simply call DiGi or Maxis or whatever company and shout out any 15 digit number and some poor soul will have his phone cut off. Here in Australia, they take down ur information so they that could be used for validation purposes to verify that your call is legitimate.

Ya…i heard abt tat 2 Hyperactive…i mean d ‘disable a stolen mobile thgy’ in Australia…I think it shudnt b a prob nw as d Msian government is encouraging d public 2 register their prepaid lines by d n of d year…we r goin 2ward d Aussie way… :smiley:

tha aussie way is crap…msia DiGi just key *126# for balance…here, Optus line need to send a message “bal” to 9999 and sometimes it takes a while for the message to get thru…cacat!

[quote=“jc”][quote=“ahvian”]There are a few things that can be done in times of
grave emergencies.

*III
Hidden Battery power

expecting an important
call

restart with

increase in battery.

cell next time.

[/quote]

wat abt other cell phone? does tis just apply to NOkia only?[/quote]

hmm… ive tried other phone ler… onli nokia can atm… :stuck_out_tongue:
i also not sure tis is true or not wan lar… but no harm sharing? :roll:

oh… before that celcom also need to do like tat ler… so fussy… hahah…
now no need anymore… *124# will do… :stuck_out_tongue:

does the remote keys work through phone? any of u ever try?

Yeah it does. I did, But back in Sarawak I think if there is any coverage of any network it will work…if no coverage at all from either any mobile company, sorry, no cure.

Must be another hell to go through buddy. :slight_smile:

:roll: i also wondering how that function works… hmmm… from pc to ur hp? connect using bluetooth? how ar?

Dun forget to use it as an alarm clock…if the phone dun have that function…ask a friend who has that function set his and call you instead in the morning…

:roll: i also wondering how that function works… hmmm… from pc to ur hp? connect using bluetooth? how ar?[/quote]
hey, im not sure if this is what ur talking about but after reading ur post, I was thinking whether or not it would be possible to connect 2 computers together thru bluetooth??? like thurn on BT on both sides then search after calling the person…hmm…or if the BT frequency is too high, maybe infrared might work eh?

anyway that’s for shedding in some few info. read it and some are good. :slight_smile:

:roll: i also wondering how that function works… hmmm… from pc to ur hp? connect using bluetooth? how ar?[/quote]

For remote entry, I’ll bet it’s just a transfer of frequencies. As for ahvian’s question… not sure what you meant. If you’re talking about the remote entry, it’s simply just done through phones.

hey, im not sure if this is what ur talking about but after reading ur post, I was thinking whether or not it would be possible to connect 2 computers together thru bluetooth??? like thurn on BT on both sides then search after calling the person…hmm…or if the BT frequency is too high, maybe infrared might work eh?[/quote]

No real idea of what you’re talking about… but here’s a nice video of remote for computers (of a particuar type).

For remote entry, I’ll bet it’s just a transfer of frequencies. As for ahvian’s question… not sure what you meant. If you’re talking about the remote entry, it’s simply just done through phones.[/quote]

yah… there’s a function from hp… something like remote control? we can use our hp to be the remote control of our desktop, media player, and presenter. i mean how to connect them? using blue tooth is it?

No… I meant the car remote entry. Over a phone call, with the other person on the line holding and activiating the remote, can unlock cars.

i meant something like this:

I am in Australia. My computer is in Malaysia…Say I wanted to transfer a pic from my hp to my PC (just for the heck of it) with infrared. I turn on the IR on my PC and HP, place a call to my sister in Msia asd ask her to hold the phone up to the PC…then I send the pic from my HP thru the HP to the computer on the ther side of the world…I’m thinking if a car remote can work thru it, im sure it could be applied elsewhere, right?

oh… ic ic :wink: