The rude Malaysian driver

(landhunt55) #1

What to you is a rude driver?
For me it's indiscriminate parking causing blockages and inconvenience to other road users; cutting queues at traffic light junctions, overtaking without signal lights; tailgating very close to you, just to name a few. We see that a lot in Miri.

(Riderz72) #2

Sad to say, THOSE WHO DO THAT ARE NOT MIRIAN’S. Mirians are not like that. Outsiders bring their stuck up driving habits like those idiots frm SIBU and Bintulu and apply it in Miri. Very sad to to see Miri being SPOILT by outsiders.

(Riderz72) #3

I’m not new here. Born and raised in MIRI and have seen all the nonsense that goes on .

(Tawai) #4

They need speed traps and stronger traffic police here…
Cameras on all traffic lights

(Hacker_888) #5

(wgn_white) #6

After few accidents, I now limit myself to 80kmh only.
And be defensive drivers like move after the junctions is really clear even on green light because some of these rude drivers always chasing the red light and there’s once I almost get hit by them even though it’s my turn to move.

(landhunt55) #7

What do you think of Brunei drivers in Miri?

(kimjh) #8

I am new in Miri. I see a lot of drivers with no manners and need driving lesson again. I wonder how they got the driving licences. There are many drivers who don’t know how to drive at the roundabout. No wonder why there are a lot of accidents happen in small city. I’ve been here for 3 weeks and I’ve already seen many accidents. Need a very strict driving test in Miri.

(landhunt55) #9

Can’t agree more.

(zodiacking) #10

Nowadays, driving in Miri is like playing the game of chess. You need to prepare and anticipate the driver’s next move.
To be honest, i believe the condition will improve if everyone be a bit selfless while driving on the road.

(landhunt55) #11

I think many these rude drivers are selfish, thinking only of their own convenience and ignore others, such as parking right in front of the coffee shop instead of the proper parking slot which is only a few steps away.

(Athrun_zala_faith) #12

If you think Mirian driving is bad…try Vietnam and China. i just came back, it was almost suicidal to cross the road.

but we can do better than we are now, i am also doing defensive driving. the rules are simple, don’t be an ■■■■■■■, that’s it.

(gorshan) #13

Miri full of action drivers. no one cares if your pimped up black plastic tinted (which is actually suitable for glass home and office windows only) Proton, Perodua, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai’s car exhaust, blings, music is loud. who cares how expensive your car rims is. no one really cares at all. so stop showing off speeding. you look like stupid jungle pig only. : ) unless you drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini, Maserati or Mercedes, you are all nobodies, accept that. trust me, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear will tell you the same thing. your souped-up tin cans on 4 wheels will only invite laughter.

of course your money, your suka suka, but remember, everyone has the right to safety on the road.

(winwin) #14
gorshan said:
Miri full of action drivers. no one cares if your pimped up black plastic tinted (which is actually suitable for glass home and office windows only) Proton, Perodua, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai's car exhaust, blings, music is loud. who cares how expensive your car rims is. no one really cares at all. so stop showing off speeding. you look like stupid jungle pig only. : ) unless you drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini, Maserati or Mercedes, you are all nobodies, accept that. trust me, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear will tell you the same thing. your souped-up tin cans on 4 wheels will only invite laughter.

of course your money, your suka suka, but remember, everyone has the right to safety on the road.

That’s why they only dare to show off in small place like Miri. Say if they do this in the nearest neighbour Brunei surely invites laughters. :blush:

(MoonDragon) #15

the coconut fat must be sludging some people’s brains… the unconscious way some people drive here is hilarious if you have a very dark sense of humour but enough to make anyone cry who has a value on human life.
Considering the population of Miri, I have never seen so many accidents on the road, nor so often. People who don’t take care on the road simply care about NO ONE! not even themselves… (poor self esteem, maybe?)
Pity, 'cos Miri is one of the better places to live in Malaysia, and so far, people are generally less messed up and kinder than in some other parts of the world…

(DMsia) #16

Couldn’t agree more… More and more of this type of reckless drivers.

can say the same with more and more super black tinted cars with extremely noisy exhaust pipes too.

Another thing I noted that a lot of traffic signal lights gets knocked down in various part of Miri, and these signal lights gets ages to
be replaced too… What? Road not interesting anymore, have to see which is harder? your car bumper or the signal light post, is it?
ok ok, thats cruel… but hey, life’s like that.

(landhunt55) #17

Besides hitting traffic lights or lamp posts, Miri drivers tend to ‘go onto the roundabout’ a lot. We could see traces of overnight accidents where the driver must have driven straight on and landed on the roundabout instead of slowing down to negotiate the bend. People should practise defensive driving!

(Riderz72) #18

mostly are COWARDS hiding behind those super super black tinted glass. Scared to show their faces when driving recklessly.Pity their mothers who gave birth to this breed of COWARDS. When in trouble, call their Friends . Hahaha. Got money but no BRAINS.

(Wee86) #19

I guess they thought they were looking cool like Dominic Toretto or Brian O’Conner when driving like that. lol

(summer sunshine) #20

One of the acts that really makes me gone speechless is many drivers who are not at the U-turn lane in front of Bintang Plaza simply cut queue to be the first to turn when the traffic lights turn green.
Another one would be throwing rubbish out from the car. Regardless of the car you drive, the moment you throw the rubbish, you value less than the rubbish thrown.
Worse would be parents with children in the car. What kind of example are these parents trying to set?!
'Don’t follow what I do but follow what I say?" ?!!