The New Star Cineplex?

Has anyone been to Star Cineplex lately? It seems like they’ve improved according to our outcry here! Well… seems like they have improved what I have listed a few months back…

[quote=“deacan”]Star Cineplex??? NOOOOO~

1. Bad chairs
  • never repair or maintenance
  1. Bad smell
  • always got someone pee in it
  1. Bad Audio
  • the lost sponsor from DiGi so now no more surround sound plus they never fix the speakers
  1. Bad Staff
  • the boys at the door occationally shout, talk, laugh at the door till we all can hear inside
  • they also always don’t close doors properly, open the door b4 the credits starts and talk on the phone while sitting in front.
  1. Bad EVERYTHING!
  • They even don’t let the credits run till the end, sometimes missing extra footage at the end!!![/quote]
  1. Bad Chairs / seats
  • Still need work on that… but I understand replacing a shitload of seats aint easy.
  1. Bad Smell
  • I was surprised they’ve installed auto perfume air sprays (if thats what its called) in the room!! So +1 for that effort :slight_smile:
  1. Bad Audio
  • They’ve really fixed the audio! Didn’t even need to read subtitles anymore to catch what was spoken! Audio used to be so bad in room 2 that u can’t catch what is spoken till you need to read subtitles just to understand the language that u are fluent with. Anyways, been only to Room 2… but so far so good! +1 again
  1. Bad Staff
  • I think they’ve changed the staff too! There seems to be a decent ticket guy at the door to give your tickets to. And if I’m not wrong people to usher u in with a small torch light when the movie has started! :open_mouth: +2 for that.

And the credits keep rolling~

CLAPS and CHEERS for the effort to change

[quote=“deacan”]Has anyone been to Star Cineplex lately? It seems like they’ve improved according to our outcry here! Well… seems like they have improved what I have listed a few months back…

[quote=“deacan”]Star Cineplex??? NOOOOO~

1. Bad chairs
  • never repair or maintenance
  1. Bad smell
  • always got someone pee in it
  1. Bad Audio
  • the lost sponsor from DiGi so now no more surround sound plus they never fix the speakers
  1. Bad Staff
  • the boys at the door occationally shout, talk, laugh at the door till we all can hear inside
  • they also always don’t close doors properly, open the door b4 the credits starts and talk on the phone while sitting in front.
  1. Bad EVERYTHING!
  • They even don’t let the credits run till the end, sometimes missing extra footage at the end!!![/quote]
  1. Bad Chairs / seats
  • Still need work on that… but I understand replacing a shitload of seats aint easy.
  1. Bad Smell
  • I was surprised they’ve installed auto perfume air sprays (if thats what its called) in the room!! So +1 for that effort :slight_smile:
  1. Bad Audio
  • They’ve really fixed the audio! Didn’t even need to read subtitles anymore to catch what was spoken! Audio used to be so bad in room 2 that u can’t catch what is spoken till you need to read subtitles just to understand the language that u are fluent with. Anyways, been only to Room 2… but so far so good! +1 again
  1. Bad Staff
  • I think they’ve changed the staff too! There seems to be a decent ticket guy at the door to give your tickets to. And if I’m not wrong people to usher u in with a small torch light when the movie has started! :open_mouth: +2 for that.

And the credits keep rolling~

CLAPS and CHEERS for the effort to change[/quote]

I’ll believe it when I SEE & HEAR it.

I will probably go see G.I.Joe just to see if this is true or false.

wow ! glad to hear that … still have to check it out myself … does all of this changes apply to the other room ? hmmm

they are upgrading…
maybe they will be opening the upgraded top floor cineplex and close the star 1 and 2…
seen a alot of work done lately…
the wall also being paint already…

Does upgrading works applied on all room?
Hope so…

shouldn’t this be in joke/humor section??!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[quote=“haroldz”]shouldn’t this be in joke/humor section??!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

lols ! what the …

The word “NEW” is misleading… should be “Renovated / Upgraded”.
Its still Star Cineplex at the same old location, right…

[quote=“HandsomeGuy”]The word “NEW” is misleading… should be “Renovated / Upgraded”.
Its still Star Cineplex at the same old location, right…[/quote]

yea … should have change the title of this topic

I still wish we have GSC / TGV. Monopoly (not the board game) is bad, competition is good.

what a good news from them at last
I hope it would be totally complete renovating when I am back next year.
Having a little high expectation on it as cinema is where I used to be when I am back home

I could actually feel my seats vibrate when the sound goes boom!

They changed the speakers i think, but the sound quality is still not to par…Explosion sounds are painful to my ears especially during the GI Joe movie…

Its obviously not. You don’t see the Dolby Surround or THX at the beginning… so its not really surround… yet.

Yes…it is true. I went to watch G.I.Joe and really feel the difference. Now the sound system really good. The screen no more line already. Feel really worth to watch the movie inside for RM9/RM10. Others of the spec are not important too much. But the most important is have a good screen and good sound system. They didn’t do much for it because Miri star cineplex conquer the market in Miri because only sole cineplex.

If it isn’t THX certified, you’re not hearing it as it was intended by the movie makers…

wahlau! now got vibration mode on the seats!

so real u can almost feel the explosion!!

*sarcastic

:mrgreen:

Is because the sound system too good yer…hahaha

Well I just came back from watching GI.Joe (I think its crappy) and I was in Hall 2.

1. Sound System does improve as the bass was strong enough to shake the chair. Unfortunately there is still issue with the sound as it is not calibrated well. Sounded like a cheap radio tuned to AM station and being placed at the end of a long corridor.

2. Picture quality was okay, nothing blurry or broken.

3. Chair no change & still in terrible condition. Then again, maybe Hall 2 has not gone under renovation.

4. They painted the hallway green & white. If I’m not mistaken it is the same color used by Metrowealth’s cinemaplex in Kuching (at Crown Plaza). Maybe there is a change of management? Then again, the ticket still shows Star Cineplex.

a lot more better when i watch G.I.Joe last weekend compare to the time i watch Terminator 3…