Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC’s global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Retail Banking Wealth Management team in the role of Temporary Clerk - Teller (B8), working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- To handle internal / external customer enquiries, resolve customer problems and provide professional customer service;
- To handle maintenance and processing of routine daily/monthly activities (e.g. data entry, cheque clearing transactions, etc.;
- To manage and prepare monthly returns for submission in a timely and accurate manner;
- To perform other ad hoc duties as assigned;
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy;
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring;
- Maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators;
- Ensure awareness of compliance requirements and implementation of Group Compliance Policy;
- Maintain awareness of operational risk including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with Section 4 of the Group Operations.
- Minimum SPM qualification, preferably with higher secondary/ STPM/ “A” Level/ Diploma/ Pre -U qualification;
- Must be computer-savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially MS Word and Excel;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to communicate well (both written and spoken) in English and Bahasa Malaysia;
- A good team player with the right attitude to be self-initiative, hardworking and adaptable to change;
- Must have excellent service attitude towards internal and external customers;
- Able to work under pressure.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.