Teen kills himself - SPM results too low

Teen dies after getting SPM results
By R.S.N. MURALI
murali@thestar.com.my

MALACCA: A teenager collapsed and died after he received his SPM examination results here.

P. Eshwaran, 46, from Durian Tunggal, said his son E. Prem Kumar, 18, was rushed to a clinic by passers-by at about 3pm yesterday after he collapsed in front of a row of shophouses.

He claimed that Prem Kumar was believed to have consumed pesticide shortly after taking his result slip at 1pm on Wednesday.

Eshwaran said he was informed of the incident when his son was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of Malacca Hospital.

However, Prem Kumar died due to internal organ damage at about 6pm yesterday.

I believe he might have not been happy with his results. He did not return home after going out to get his results, he said.

Eshwaran said his son met his uncle and told him that he had failed several subjects, although he did quite well in the trial examinations.

What a pity, students nowadays are seeing their spm as the end of their life. Spm is just a cert fore you to get in a better college/uni. in uni, u will have more spm every few months :lol:

SPM is not the end lah… It must be pressure from teachers/etc… I know people who scored credits only in SPM but in University they get Distinctions and High Distinctions…

wah … just for the piece of paper print result ? … wrg move that student … without spm also can go to college … how he take the pesticide ? spray inside his mouth ? …

he drank concentrated industrial strength pesticide
most probable acute organophosphate poisoning
basically it dissolved his internal organs into jelly :shock:

It’s not about the pressure from teachers or other elements. This is because Malaysian in general putting good scores ABOVE anything else, even though some have good skills.

Good scores in SPM > skills

You got low scores, you feel depressed and want to commit suicide. Who knows this trend will follow up to UPSR and PMR students.

just because of SPM suicide…not a good reason to suicide…there will be more pressure when becomes grown up…

[quote=“soundsyst64”]It’s not about the pressure from teachers or other elements. This is because Malaysian in general putting good scores ABOVE anything else, even though some have good skills.

You got low scores, you feel depressed and want to commit suicide. Who knows this trend will follow up to UPSR and PMR students.[/quote]
True… all those NKRA to score As only :?

You can hear employers saying about people who are ‘smart’ on papers but in work especially relationship with people they’re weak. :roll:

he drank concentrated industrial strength pesticide
most probable acute organophosphate poisoning
basically it dissolved his internal organs into jelly :shock:[/quote]

wah … sure die in pain … stupid teenager … he dsnt think, tht just the spm … no need to wory to much… even with result low or too low also can go to college or in work mybe excellent …

[quote=“soundsyst64”]It’s not about the pressure from teachers or other elements. This is because Malaysian in general putting good scores ABOVE anything else, even though some have good skills.

You got low scores, you feel depressed and want to commit suicide. Who knows this trend will follow up to UPSR and PMR students.[/quote]

MY minister of education is to blame… ahaha… he put the target too much for every student …

sometimes my son will nervously approach me and admit he has no confidence in a paper or two.

i put my arm around him and tells him its okay sometimes you do well sometimes you dont. important thing is you did your best and to take the failure as an impetus to strive better next time, next attempt at any papers.

with no parental pressure on him he is more relaxed now and does well in his exam.

give your kids loving support, prop up their self confidence but do not pressurized them and they will do alright in the long run.

[quote=“gorshan”]sometimes my son will nervously approach me and admit he has no confidence in a paper or two.

i put my arm around him and tells him its okay. sometimes you do well sometimes you dont. important thing is you did your best and to take the failure as an impetus to strive better next time, next attempt at any papers.

with no parental pressure on him he is more relaxed now and does well in his exam.

give your kids loving support, prop up their self confidence but do not pressurized them and they will do alright in the long run.[/quote]
+1 Good one. :wink:

quite common among Indians…
1 every 3 minutes!!!
just imagine that

preppy,

Please stick to the topic of discussion and not try to provoke racial matter here.

madam it’s a troll~

teachers only good on making us score on our exam, but they are bad at teaches us how to appreciate live… same goes to some parents…
and there’s also student who take spm as a matter of live… in their mind, fail to get good result = fail for the entire life…
to prevent this kind of things happen again in the future, students should be teach how to handle failure… we maybe can consider to make counselling one of the curriculum class…

Eugene91,

Eyes on them…

Years back when I got my 8A 2B result, I was quite depressed as well. Of course, there’s nothing I can do to get my result changed. Life goes on. Well, I would say it’s just too hard to make predictions on public exams in Malaysia. I knew someone who always perform worse than me on certain subjects, no matter what the reason was, they just ended up getting A in SPM.

Bit of off topic comment here. Well, i’m pretty sure mods and admins have their ways to identify the so-called “trolls”. So, if you think that the one who made comments are “trolls”, please just skip their opinion. Mentioning them all the time just means that they got your attention = succeed. Skip their opinion and don’t mention them, I trust mods’ and admins’ ability in solving these little matters. Warnings, Yellow Cards, Bans, whatever it is, just let them handle it.

i dont know… dont think the problem is completely parenting fault…
i think it comes from the current society we have today … there are more competitions among people… i dont know perhaps due to the increase number of population forcing people to live more competitively??
some people live a relaxing life but not everyone… not every family i suppose…

Come on la macha. SPM is nothing. Dont kill yourself over a piece of paper. There are many great things awaits you in life.

what ever the reason, RIP and my heart goes out to the affected family / friends.

© Copyright 2006-2020 MiriCommunity.net · A JacksonLiaw.com project.