Take Care of Kire Glass String

Around 1:15pm 17 November 2008. I was driving my motorbike to Lutong along Jalan Pantai Piasau. When I was at around kpg Api-api I felt something really hot hitting my next. I was driving around 40 km/hr. I applied emergency brake and I manage to stop at two burst of pressing the brake. I did not fall over but I realize that it was the glass kite string that cut through my neck collar of my shirt. This string seemed to be left crossing the road. These is no one playing kite seen.
I reported this incidence to Lutong police station.

I think you should report it to miri council and the authority to report about this matter. This glass string lying around on the road or hangging on next level can cause not only serious injury but death. Its worst then vandalism. Its almost like laying murder weapon on unsuspected person. Kids who play kite don’t realised it but if you think about the conseqences of applying the law on this case this is actually a murder weapon. Its like people pointing knife at you but worse its hidden or ambush at you.

You must report to the miri city council and bar before someone else or your love ones gets it.

I have reported this incident to Lutong Police so that other will not get into same situation. They promise to monitor the kite playing and will appropriate take action. That what they promise to do. In my case these is no one playing kite the time I got it. If there is they can take appropriate action. Lucky I was not fast.

Wow, unbelievable… so dangerous.
I don’t think the police can do anything here as there is no law for policeman to caught people playing kite.
Just need to be extra careful and luckily that nothing much serious happen to you.

[quote=“anakmiri”]Around 1:15pm 17 November 2008. I was driving my motorbike to Lutong along Jalan Pantai Piasau. When I was at around kpg Api-api I felt something really hot hitting my next. I was driving around 40 km/hr. I applied emergency brake and I manage to stop at two burst of pressing the brake. I did not fall over but I realize that it was the glass kite string that cut through my neck collar of my shirt. This string seemed to be left crossing the road. These is no one playing kite seen.
I reported this incidence to Lutong police station.[/quote]

Aiyo… this is future storey. How come they know what happen tomorrow?
It happen on 17 Nov 2008, 1:15pm.
Today is 16 Nov 2008.

to be safe to all motorcyclist, please wear something around your neck while riding…like small towel wrap around your neck & full cover helmet.

Neck is the soft spot of our body, other parts might still can stand abuse…

I remembered that a friend of mine had suffered the same few years back, but more longer cut on the neck. :frowning:

It happen today. 16 Nov 2008.
Location map attached.

My god I feel so sorry for you. People these days …

To be honest… motorcyclist have to be more careful at this time as I see a lot of ppl are flying their kites in the air last time when I get back…

By the way, I have moved this thread to charity and awareness cause section…