Suzuki Swift

I’m currently interested in the Suzuki Swift,thinking of getting one.
any Suzuki Swift owners here please share your experience on the car.

-Is it worth the money?
-Fuel efficiency?
-Reliability?
-Any problems with the car?

Thank you.

you can get 2 Myvi’s for one swift
and more space with better, cheaper service in Miri

how much is one of these?

i would say, worth for money. This car has good stability. U will know if u dive more into this car.

you actually have a lot to consider seeing you can afford a rm70k+ car.

ford fiesta
mazda 2
vios
2nd hand honda jazz

i have friends driving this car. no complaint so far.

72k for basic model

[quote=“k-ray”]you actually have a lot to consider seeing you can afford a rm70k+ car.

ford fiesta
mazda 2
vios
2nd hand honda jazz

i have friends driving this car. no complaint so far.[/quote]

A Mazda 2 only 70k plus?
that’s a sexy car,i thought it would cost around 100k ringgit.

72k sounds pretty reasonable. good for beginners to drive

a very nimble and frugal car to drive. few colleagues own it, only one with manual trans swift sport. swift sport pick-up is surprisingly quick.

but you would want to look into the resale value after few years owning it, unless u plan to keep the car.

I have a swift. Mine is a 1.3 cbu from japan 2005. Now the ckd one is a 1.5 and it’s more powerful than mine. The latest 2011 model not yet come to Malaysia yet so we are still getting the 2009 model which is quiet nice. It come standard with keyless entry and keyless start. Cannot compare to myvi becoz it is a different class of car just like it cannot compare to mini cooper - 1 mini can buy 3 swift! Swift handling is very good. The steering is sharp and precise. The NHV is like European car, better than Vios & City! Go and test drive one and compare. Also check out Swift Club Malaysia (SCM) website for more details. Fuel consumption is average like vios, maintenance is same as like Vios and city. I buy oil & filter myself then change it at my friend’s workshop. The AFT I just change recently and I used the Toyota AFT which is compatible. So… What else you need to know?

Helo, friend. I am sales advisor Lee, from Regas Motor(Miri). The CKD Suzuki Swift 1.5 price is RM79,xxx.
Bout the Reliability, is it worth the money, think u got to test drive it first before u make any decision on it.

SUZUKI. Way Of Life! :slight_smile: Just contact me if u do interested with the Suzuki Swift. 0165785335, i am Lee.

Helo, lasting99. So nice can hear from u talk bout the Suzuki Swift.
The Electric Power Steering(EPS) make the Suzuki Swift steering system become sharp and precise.
The VVT DOHC engine is drive by Timing Chain.
Electric Power Steering(EPS) and Timing Chain help to save some maintenance fee.

[quote=“vertigo”]a very nimble and frugal car to drive. few colleagues own it, only one with manual trans swift sport. swift sport pick-up is surprisingly quick.

but you would want to look into the resale value after few years owning it, unless u plan to keep the car.[/quote]

Suzuki Swift Sport (they called it SSS) cost 100k+ and require Ron98 fuel. Normal swift can even use Ron 95 and still runs smoothly but ofcoz if can afford ron97 it is even better. The picture above is SSS, it is cbu from japan. For me it is not worth buying it, better get the ckd normal swift and also the normal swift have very good resale value. Check out it resale price at mudah.my and autoworld.

Hello Chien, I no see the red swift in ur shop there anymore, sold already kah? Any info on when the new 2011 swift start selling? But I personally think the current out going model looks nicer - more “cute”, a bit like a mini hehehe… Oh btw, the new 2011 swift is bigger but have a smaller engine, 1.2l I think.
Anyway, do inform when you have new one coming in or other new stuff yes!

Cheers.

the most important questions are: Can you afford it?, Do you need it or just want it because so shiny and show off?

think about it

[quote=“mootz”]the most important questions are: Can you afford it?, Do you need it or just want it because so shiny and show off?

think about it[/quote]

The Answer is YES,I can afford it.
i’ve already calculate the monthly spending on a car,i can afford it with no what so ever problem.

the only thing now is to find a suitable car for me.

Sounds pretty good…
the most important things are is it reliable?

because i plan to keep the car for 10 years and i dont want fix here and there.

[quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]
Sounds pretty good…

because i plan to keep the car for 10 years and i dont want fix here and there.[/quote]

I can’t give any comment on its reliability yet coz I only own it for less than 2 months! :mrgreen: But you can check out remarks from forums all over the world and it seems that Swift is quite reliable.
I bought mine 2nd hand and the 1st owner bought it in 2005, the car mileage was 100,000km! :shock: I’m the 2nd Owner.
However, as far as engine & body work are concern, it is still original and looks fine; no leak and still original paint. Under carriage got a bit of problem on ball-joints but that is becoz the previous owner fitted it with 16"x7" rims with 205/45/R16 tyres (specified is 15"x5.5" with 185/60/R15 tyres) and pounded it for 100,000Km! at 280kpa tyre pressure!! You know what will happen lah! Luckily the design is a MacPherson strut arm, so I just need to know which type, hopefully it is same as Vios/Wira/Waja/etc… if so then very easily replaced.
Other than those my Swift is fine and it ride better than my Vios… not as good as my Altis though but definitely better than Vios.
Most important thing is try not to modify the car (any car!), leave it as original as possible and follow the maintenance schedule. If you start modifying it like BIG sport rims, extractor/sport exhaust, tuned intake…etc… guaranty the car will not last long.

Now here is something that most people don’t know - When you buy a new car or if you rebuilt your engine, DO NOT use good oil or those super slippery synthetic oil. Use a lousy oil for the engine to “run-in” first. The 1st 5000km of the new car life need to run-in 1st so use cheap oil like the yellow Shell Helix or the single grade Duckham SAE30 and keep your rpm below 3000 rev for the 1st 1000Km if not 5000Km. After that run-in period then you use good oil and go ahead and burn rubber! :wink:

cheers

by the way, with slightly similar pricing - not thinking of Forte? seriously putting aside the resale value of it, it’s the best car for the buck in my list, no to mention its very competitive pricing for the 2.0 model in the market - plus, it looks cool too…

[quote=“lasting99”][quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]
Sounds pretty good…

because i plan to keep the car for 10 years and i dont want fix here and there.[/quote]

I can’t give any comment on its reliability yet coz I only own it for less than 2 months! :mrgreen: But you can check out remarks from forums all over the world and it seems that Swift is quite reliable.
I bought mine 2nd hand and the 1st owner bought it in 2005, the car mileage was 100,000km! :shock: I’m the 2nd Owner.
However, as far as engine & body work are concern, it is still original and looks fine; no leak and still original paint. Under carriage got a bit of problem on ball-joints but that is becoz the previous owner fitted it with 16"x7" rims with 205/45/R16 tyres (specified is 15"x5.5" with 185/60/R15 tyres) and pounded it for 100,000Km! at 280kpa tyre pressure!! You know what will happen lah! Luckily the design is a MacPherson strut arm, so I just need to know which type, hopefully it is same as Vios/Wira/Waja/etc… if so then very easily replaced.
Other than those my Swift is fine and it ride better than my Vios… not as good as my Altis though but definitely better than Vios.
Most important thing is try not to modify the car (any car!), leave it as original as possible and follow the maintenance schedule. If you start modifying it like BIG sport rims, extractor/sport exhaust, tuned intake…etc… guaranty the car will not last long.

Now here is something that most people don’t know - When you buy a new car or if you rebuilt your engine, DO NOT use good oil or those super slippery synthetic oil. Use a lousy oil for the engine to “run-in” first. The 1st 5000km of the new car life need to run-in 1st so use cheap oil like the yellow Shell Helix or the single grade Duckham SAE30 and keep your rpm below 3000 rev for the 1st 1000Km if not 5000Km. After that run-in period then you use good oil and go ahead and burn rubber! :wink:

cheers[/quote]
Shell Helix is cheap oil?
i thought it was pretty good brand…with the name of SHELL on it…

i don’t modify car,and i rarely drive fast…
60km/h is the average speed…

Sounds like a pretty good car to own.
thanks for your valuable opinions. :mrgreen:

A Korean car
never thought of it because i heard alot of stories regarding build quality and spareparts are hard to find. :?