Survey on AutoCAD Training Class

Hi everyone, just wanna ask ppl in miri on how you guys feel about Autocad training classes. I am from a training provider company, planning to set up some short courses in miri. So, perhaps need more opinions from you guys here. :smiley:

Is there any existing training center in Miri? How much do the training center charge? The quality of classes good or not?

r u a officially authorized trainer from autodesk?

Yes, we used to be Autodesk Authorized Reseller. Now we are moving on to be an ATC (Authorized Training Center). Our trainers are authorized trainers.

We not only providing AutoCAD training class (Fundamental, Intermediate & Advanced), but also 3Ds Max and Revit.

Yes… I guess there will be a lot of engineer looking for such training as nowadays, there are a lot of Company required Engineer to know to use Autocad. I got one friend who graduated in Curtin University of Technology Miri. The campus does not provide training for Autocad. Thus, she had interviewed few companies and those companies required her to lnow about Autocad. In Miri, there are no institute providing AUto Cad training… So, It will be great if you guys can open one. How much is the training course? Where is the location?

Well, this is still under planning yet. As our company based in KL. We may find some company/ school in Miri to partner with us and let us teach there periodically.

Thanks for your great information, betty :slight_smile:

it’s good if you guys open one here, I want to learn some tricks I didn’t know, and I’m sure you guys are good at this stuff :). You’re very welcome to open one here, but please make sure we can afford the fees :wink:

well, the rate in KL is around RM1200-1500 each level. Each level takes around 3 days to complete. How does this price sounds?

There is also customized courses based on customer requirements. So that we can provide the best training that suits them the most.

If you mean each level, I say: "bloody expensive! :shock: "

1200 / 3 = 400 per day.
1500/ 3 = 500 per day

Well, this is a standard rate if you want certification from Autodesk Authorized Training Center.

yea kinda standard rate.

for your info, the costs of original software for autoCAD LT 2009 itself is almost 5K MYR

phew~ luckily got people know that this is standard rate. :stuck_out_tongue:

The original autocad 2010 full pack is around 13.6k d. But education line got much much cheaper a lot. If any one here interested to get original copy, can ask for a quotation from me. :slight_smile:

those pirated DVD Rm 6. compare to 5k :shock: that’s why so many ppl go for 6. save 4994 :mrgreen:

Guys, below is the price list, give me some opinions if miri ppl willing to pay such a price to attend the class?

Autocad Fundamental - RM1300 (3 Days)
Autocad Intermediate - RM1600 (2 Days)
Autocad Advanced - RM1900 (2 Days)
Autocad Update Training - RM600 (1 Day)

All class is from 9.30am till 4.30pm. Min 5 pax each training.

If the certificate is not from Autodesk, is the price still reasonable? As the instructors are experienced trainers and undergo Autodesk Official Training Courseware.

hahaha if personal use, i will suggest u go take pirated… but for commercial… of cos need original la…

if cannot afford go for this autocad for dummies :mrgreen:

[quote=“n33n33”]Guys, below is the price list, give me some opinions if miri ppl willing to pay such a price to attend the class?

Autocad Fundamental - RM1300 (3 Days)
Autocad Intermediate - RM1600 (2 Days)
Autocad Advanced - RM1900 (2 Days)
Autocad Update Training - RM600 (1 Day)

All class is from 9.30am till 4.30pm. Min 5 pax each training.

If the certificate is not from Autodesk, is the price still reasonable? As the instructors are experienced trainers and undergo Autodesk Official Training Courseware.[/quote]

I’m sure the engineering company willing to pay for the employees if they needed professional knowledge about autocad… anyway, what is the minimum requirement or qualification to take the class?

if you don’t need certificate, I can give private tutor for lot less… to get you up to 3d level standard, I’ts cost less than rm600. I don’t give lesson only 3 day, I teach them each command, than ask you to do exercise or assignment, then do some discussion about the assignment (if I see anything not right). If you pass that level, then I move to another level. Class are depends on participants/student request and the most you have to pay per class are rm50 (2 hours) and to get you go advance level might need between 6 to 10 class session. Basicly the student arrange the class once a week and you can learn most of AutoCAD trick within 2 months complete with tutor, exercise/assignment, discussion).

I found out most of short (like 1 day/2days/3 days) training class are not enough for you to handle Autocad. I see those certificate are only plain paper. I dare to say that because most of the guys with those certificate are failed during interview (of course we need to show our skill during interview). for draftsman, normally we don’t look either that guy have Autocad certificate or not, but we’re more impress if they can handle Autocad and pass the test during interview. Basically, the job will given to the one who can draw using Autocad rather than the one who have Autocad certificate. we have one guys who attend those Autocad training while he work in Kuching. The only reason he can work as draftsman in our company is because his uncle are there, but his drawing skill are crap. so I advise him to get lesson from me and arrange for Autocad class during evening times week day. within 4 class session, he manage to do up to isometric level, setting up dimension, play with layer, layer color (for line thickness) drawing arrangement in layout/paper space and etc. Now I give hime sometimes to get use with it and once I see he’s ready we’ll move on to 3D class.

Me? the only Lesson I got for Autocad is basic (if you study in Polytechnic, you know how basic it is), and it’s AutoCAD R12 (during 1998). The rest I learn myself by asking, reading and anything that give me knowledge about AutoCAD. But the result are not bad, lot of company hired me, local & international :mrgreen:

Anyway, I will definitely will attend your course if my company sponsor me. but If I have to dig from my own pocket, I’ll use that amount of cash for something else which worth better for the value :wink:

wandyhee, i do agree with u… having private lesson better and those 3 days shortcourse, only able to teach u how to use… and after that, really need the participant himself to practice… all my skills also tru being an end user for years. Thats why our company also come with customized training that depends on the customer’s field. Then can teach those tricks.

Actually our company target more on those companies using autocad, as well as universities n colleges.